5 - Seungcheol and Seokwoo

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna gasped as she saw black stripes beginning to show on the yellow string between Seungcheol and Seokwoo. She doesn’t know why there’s one, it was never documented. However, there were rumors back then. It ranged from death to a simple fainting, but whatever it is, it doesn’t bring good news. “Shouldn’t we stop them?” Yuna asked Luda, who shook her head in response.

“School rules. Until one of them admits defeat or is knocked out, nothing can stop them.”

Yuna nodded, although hesitant and watched as the two male Unnaturals get ready to attack each other. Well, . Yuna cursed at the back of her mind. It hasn’t even began but the grounds were already filled with curious and hyped up students, some of them are already even bettingkiaos on this match, much to Jinyoung’s enjoyment. Before the match began, Mingyu, the werewolf who seems to be friends with Seokmin, went to Yuna. He changed back to his human form and he stood next to her.

Mingyu, all in all, is a good looking young man in his human form, and he’s also charming in his wolf form. He has fangirls all over the batches, but he doesn’t date, according to his strings. Also, he doesn’t have that much hatred or ual desires in his strings, so he’s pretty much innocent in her eyes. Another plus factor is the fact that his red string has shades of blue, indicating one-sided love for his soulmate. So he likes his soulmate but the poor guy is in love on his own? How sad. Mingyu smiled brightly, his canine teeth showing. His smile reminds Yuna of Seokmin and Soonyoung, too innocent for the Unnatural world and the human world.

“So, are you a noona or are you not?” He asked, trying to not to sound rude.

“What are you, a batch 98?” She asked, referring to his birth year.

He shook his head and answered, “No, I’m a batch 97.”

“Then who are you calling Noona? Do I look THAT old? We’re of same age.”

“Ah, like me and Seokmin!” Mingyu shook his head and smiled as he raised his hand in defense. “No, no, I heard the new fairy of love’s age is close to Miss Yongsun’s. I didn’t know it was six-years closer.” He smiled at her and then he suddenly turned serious. “This is so hellish, right?”

Oh, total reversal. He looks like a dummy but he’s not stupid. Yuna nodded at his comment. “I can’t believe we have to wait for one person to lose his sanity before this game ends.” She looked up to him, who’s a lot taller than she is. “Does this happen often?”

He nodded. “Not Seungcheol-hyung and Seokwoo-hyung though. Both of them snapped today.”

Yuna raised a brow. This is her chance to get the answers she deserves. “Hey, what’s with them? I heard they were friends before.”

This time, Mingyu was the one who raised a brow. “Hold up, you didn’t know?” She shook her head in response. “They were friends until Seungcheol accidentally slept with Jiyeon.”

She raised a brow once more. “He didn’t die?” She crossed her arms as she can’t connect the dots. “I don’t get it, though. Aren’t vampires supposed to die after an angel kisses them? Well, unless—“ Then it hit her. No way.

“Yup, if you’re thinking about fairy blood wine, aka the only thing that can cancel out vampires’ weaknesses, then you got it right. Seungcheol-hyung’s family owns a vampire blood bank, and they got some stocks in India, well, you know of the fairy massacre there for fairy blood, so, he pretty much got himself a one year supply of fairy blood.” Mingyu explained, and Yuna was disgusted.

“As if the massacre wasn’t bad enough, he had to be that disgusting.”

Mingyu smirked. “But Seungcheol-hyung is nice, he doesn’t attack fairies for fairy blood.”

Yuna smiled. “I guess.”

The match is about to start and Seokmin also changed back to his human form and he joined Yuna and Mingyu. He scratched his head innocently and Mingyu just shook his head. “I tried to stop them, but the new Fairy of Justice is making things worse for everyone.”

“I’m also a fairy, but that sounded so precise so I have to agree.” Yuna looked at the wine on the table. The other fairies also settled themselves with their friends, except Luda who’s still standing next to her. “Right, Luda?”

Luda nodded as she sipped her milk. “It’s either Ahin is confident or entirely stupid.” She sighed. “I think it’s the latter, though.” She ran her free hand through her face and a pair of glasses appeared on her face. Bothe Mingyu and Seokmin were at awe but Yuna shrugged.

“It’s called fairy glasses.” Yuna did the same gesture and glasses soon also appeared in her eyes. “Each pair is different, based on what our virtue is. On my case, I can see exactly what you feel about one another, or just the heart level.”

“What’s a heart level?” Mingyu asked.

“A heart level is the level of how much you like one person.”

“Is that so?” Mingyu asked, suddenly interlacing his arm with Seokmin’s. “What about us? What’s our heart level?”

All for the sake of testing, Yuna used her glasses to check it out. Now, she has to look from their hands, which has a silver string, a string she can only see with the fairy glasses and is used to indicate friendship, then she looks at their chests, then back to the middle of the string. She found four silver hearts, and this level is called the “evolving friendship” level. They just got out of their comfort zones, and they just finished putting down the wall between them. “Somehow close but not close-close.”

The two boys let out an “oh” of approval, but they both stopped when they heard Luda clear . Not a good sign for the boys. “What does yours do, Luda?” Mingyu asked.

“I can see stats.” Luda spoke as she glanced at the two boys being prepared by their friends for the match. “Like, how’s their body doing, how well they are in school and stuffs.” Before Mingyu was able to say anything, Luda shot him a deadly glare. “Don’t make me look up yours, some of your sasaeng fans infiltrated my database and got yours, look it up at Unnaturalnetizens.com.busayfalls.”

Mingyu frowned. “You’re a good rapper.”

“I appreciate the compliment but I sing better than I rap, so next idea, please.”

“Oooh, the sass.” Both Seokmin and Yuna chorused, and they noticed the jinx so they gave each other a high-five.

“Whoa, someone’s fighting?” A somehow deep, melodic voice came in. His brooding voice seems to be familiar with the two boys. Yuna turned around to meet his eyes, not forgetting to keep her fairy glasses. It’s Dongho. It’s actually the first time for her to actually meet him. She always observed him from afar, but now that she saw him, she realized as to why he’s called the scariest among the Draconians. His skin hand shows his scales, but Yuna doesn’t know why it’s kept alive like that. He had black hair, and his piercings are more than one. He also has a tiger tattoo on his arm, and a girlfriend on the other. He’s with the smaller girl, his girlfriend, Wheein. She remembers her as the girl in potion class who’s too loud. Now that Yuna had a closer look to Wheein, she noticed the girl’s hair color, which is almost light-brown, but still in the range of brown. Her dimple is deep, and it compliments her face a lot. “This is gonna be fun.” Dongho noted.

Before anything got worse, Seokmin introduced Yuna. “Dongho hyung, she’s Yuna, the fairy of love.”

Dongho bowed politely and smiled. “I know, Wheein told me about her.”

“I saw your bravery at the waterfalls earlier, and we have potions class together.” Wheein spoke. Yuna took note of her beautiful tone. “Luda’s also here!” Wheein threw Luda a hug, causing the fairy to step forward a bit, and Dongho pulled her before any falling would happen.

“Be careful.” Dongho scolded her. He bowed another bow to Luda. “Sorry ‘bout that.”

Luda just sighed and tapped Wheein’s arm, which is still wrapped around her neck. “Wheein-unnie, you can let go now. The battle’s starting.”

“Oh? Is it?” It also got the attention of three other 97-ers. “Are we not going to sit? This bench is not going to call us to sit, you know.”

Yuna mentally face-palmed. Her legs almost gave up and she didn’t realize that they were standing on the bench. She also began to hit Seokmin’s arm, causing a light “ouch” from the dragon. The four of them, Luda, Seokmin, Mingyu and Yuna all got off the bench, letting the ladies sit on the bench while the men sat on the grass. Their view was not half-bad, it’s like three meters from the battle pentagon, some sort of battlefield the students created for battles, and they’re on the right side. They can see Seokwoo’s face, but Seungcheol’s back from their spot. Wheein leaned on Dongho’s thigh and she asked as she noticed a few more Unnaturals come out of the campus building. “Oh? Even the seniors are coming out of the study dome.” She noted, referring to the library-like dome next to the main building of the campus.The seniors are the students in 10th year, preparing for their graduation exams at the end of the year. They don’t usually come out, either. “Byullie-unnie is also out today.” She said, noting the grey-haired senior who came out of the study dome, too.

“Of course, it’s like the Mayweather-Pacquiao of Unnaturals.” Mingyu began.

“False analogy.” Luda shot him down almost imm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter