14 - The Dress

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn’t take long before Yuna was able to finish the first mental test and the sparring tests. They finished just in time for the lunch break. She’s gave the juniors their free time and asked them to spend it wisely and return at 4 in the afternoon. Since she’s going to look at their focuses and how well do they do it. They’ve been informed that the next mental test is an exam. Yuna, of course, is excited. The next thing that she likes after potions are exams. She doesn’t know why she likes it, though, when her packmates REALLY hate it. Speaking of her packmates, the six of them were sitting on the floor with ramyun. They’re hanging around in Luda’s office because Luda suggested to, for a change. And since Luda’s office has air con and tv, they all agreed immediately. But Yuna knows why Luda made her come here –

“You better look at those offensive fairy spells that you can use for later.” Luda reminded her as she dropped a book on the floor. Yuna picked it up and looked at its thickness. She groaned. It’s twice as thick as their physics book, and their physics book is as thick as a bible but as large as a regular textbook – in short, it’s thick-. “Finish a fourth of it in a week.”

“Wow, that’s like the entire Old Testament.”

Luda nodded. “Exactly.”

Yuna groaned and the others just laughed at them. Yugyeom suddenly remembered something. “Oh, Yuna. What was with your kids earlier? I suddenly heard chanting and it sounded like war.”

Yuna groaned once more. Seokmin also raised his head in curiosity. “I also want to know about it. Your first mental exam seems to have caused a ruckus.”

Yuna took her ramyun cup from Mingyu and he gave her some tissues. “Thank you.” She thanked him and he just gave a thumb up as he began slurping his. “I speed-studied that fairy spell, Awaken.”

Mingyu and Yugyeom both raised a brow. “Our instructor in Full Moon class is a fairy, and from what we know, that’s a special spell to wake our inner selves.” Mingyu began. “You speed-studied that? I can’t even speed-study the formula for density.”

“Yuna is not doltish. She’s just lethargic.” Luda explained. “I only recited to her the chant and she got it in one go.”

“Hey, Gyu, pass me that dictionary you made for Luda’s vocabulary.” Seokmin suddenly asked Mingyu, which made them all turn heads, even Luda.

“What?” Bewildered, Luda asked as the two boys passed a dictionary to each other. “You lamebrains made a dictionary about the way I talk?”

“Yes.” The three boys chorused and the two other girls just laughed.

“Let me see!”

“No!” The three boys chorused once more.

“Oh, quit pulling a glee club and just give it to me!” The four, forgetting about their food, ran up to Luda’s library upstairs – to maybe do a game of running.

And this left Dawon and Yuna together. “So what happened at the training area earlier?” Dawon asked. “I’m pretty curious, too, well, other than the fact that you speed-studied a spell in one go.” Yuna really likes Dawon’s tone. It’s deeper than a usual girl’s, but it’s harmonious and it oozes of royalty. Yuna, at first, thought that Dawon is some sort of wealthy daughter because of her prim and properness.

“Well, I used awaken on two werewolves, and I can assure you that it almost ended in a brawl.”

 

Three hours ago, Yuna heaved a heavy sigh as she started to chant the spell she’ll use to awaken the two wolves. Luda just gave her one shot to memorize it. That fairy. Yuna rolled her eyes and raised her arm, then her wings, as well. She’ll recite it, of course. With Luda’s incredible teaching, of course. With sarcasm, of course. “Awaken, the beasts within, make the clock come in, shift the tides of the moon, make the dirtiest of stems bloom.” And with the last word of the spell, the place became darker, and everyone was at awe.

“Whoa, what the heck?” Eunbi remarked as the two werewolves fangs began to show. Their furs began showing and their claws retracted, their postures also changed – they’re changing to their wolf form.

“Are you kidding me, you told me it’s your first time using that spell, you’re like a pro!” Luda complained with telepathy.

“I never thought I’m good at spells, though.”

“Interesting, Yuna.” Luda nodded and she allowed Yuna to go on ahead on her own. When the two werewolves changed to their wolf forms, their physiques changed completely. It’s noticeable that Moonbin is tall, but since his data stated that he’s a beta, he’s technically smaller than Kevin. Kevin, as he is an omega, is about twice as large as Moonbin. Yuna suspects that Kevin might’ve been an alpha – the strongest types of wolves, before turning to an omega. If he was an alpha, it means that he’s probably seen the death of his comrades but hey, that’s not new.

“Remember that this is a MENTAL BATTLE. We are not going to go physical. I’ll fail ya’ll for your tests if ever we go physical here. That’s a big no-no, sweeties.” She pulled a magic whistle from her pocket – not so magical, actually. It’s just loud. “The first mental test is simple. First one to snap out of the wolf form wins.”

Dahyun, the elf leader of Kevin’s Pack, and notably, Kevin’s girlfriend, according to the strings, immediately protested. “Hold up, they didn’t know about it! This is unfair.”

“Werewolves’ instincts when used of the spell, Awaken is simple, actually. They will do everything to snap out of it.”

This time, Eunbi was the one who protested. “Well that’s beyond unfair for Moonbin. Kevin mastered transformation already.”

Yuna shook her head. “Awaken is not natural transformation.” Yuna began explaining. Her younger brother, Seonho, likes werewolves a lot to the point that he has multiple books about it. She lowkey thank him, because when she once got sick, she finished all volumes of Seonho’s Werewolf Comics, which is basically the bible of werewolves, thus the reason why she knows lots about werewolves. She was actually able to tell that both Mingyu and Yugyeom are betas. “Awaken is a powerful spell that forces them to change to their real forms. They won’t snap out of it easily regardless of transformation mastery.” When Eunbi stepped back, Yuna continued explaining the test. “But, the packmates will do everything to stop the other member from coming out of their wolf form. So Hwanwoong’s pack will stop Kevin from coming back to his human self and Dahyun’s pack will stop Moonbin from coming to his senses. If in 5 minutes and no one changed back to their human forms, it will end in a tie, that’s all.”

Hwanwoong raised a question this time. “Can we try to talk to our wolves for a moment?”

Yuna nodded. “Yes you may.” As if on cue, the wolves became surrounded by their packmates. Yuna suddenly needed an SOS. She needed a hearing spell. “Luda” She called her out for help.

“What?”

“Send help. What’s the spell for enhanced hearing?”

“We don’t use spells for that. Use your fairy glasses!” Yuna mentally face-palmed as she remembered the use of her fairy glasses. She ran her hand through her face and then, the glasses appeared. And Luda was right, it INDEED enhanced her hearing, as she hears what she wants

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter