13 - Yuna's Mission

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 – Yuna’s Mission

Yuna crooked her neck. She really doesn’t want to fight anyone – like seriously. Because A.) She finds it too tiring, B.) She doesn’t like fighting, C.) She might lose, so goodbye pride, D.) All the spells she knows are defensive and support spells for healing. So when Taeha, who looks like a strong hybrid, challenged her for a battle, Yuna didn’t know what to do. I mean, she still hasn’t passed her first archery practical exam! She removed her blazed and rolled up the sleeves of her polo. Taeha did the same. Yuna can’t help but look at Taeha’s strings. It has two yellows. One is connected to Eunbi while the other is connected to her, maybe, since she can’t really see, but it’s getting stronger, so Yuna probably concluded that it’s hers. She looked at her own hands. Love fairies can’t see who’s connected to theirs, but they CAN see the colours. And there’s a yellow one on Yuna’s hand, so maybe, just maybe, her conclusion is correct. The things love can do. Yuna sighed and she saw Taeha form her stance. She flapped her wings out – She’s a part-strzyga. She can’t really tell her other half. The charts says that she’s a hybrid, but it didn’t tell exactly.

“She’s part-banshee. Quit worrying about it too much and win, Yuna.” She heard Luda’s voice in her head. She looked around the place, and saw Luda and Mingyu watching from the second floor. Mingyu gave her a thumbs-up. Luda only gave her a nod. “You know how to use string magic, right?”

“Yeah.” Yuna responded with a nod.

“That’s the only offensive magic you can use as of now. I know that the fairy spells that you know of are only Barrier and Overcome. And it’s not like you can actually help you against her.”

Yuna raised a brow. “I can use strings magic in offense? Isn’t strings magic the magic in me that helps me see the strings of fate?”

“No offense, but you need to educate yourself and spend time in my office. SERIOUSLY.” She saw Luda roll her eyes. “You don’t even know your own magic.” Luda pointed at the strings. “You can use her strings against her. Bet you didn’t know that.”

“Of course I didn’t.” Yuna closed off her eyes. Looks like Taeha is waiting for Yuna to make a first move. “Should I just use Overcome to make her snap out of it?”

“She looks sane.” Luda apparently got tired of telling her what to do. “Just admit defeat and give free love counselling!”

“Love counselling is easy, but losing my partner is one hell of a task to do.” Yuna blinked and mentally face-palmed. “I said that out loud, didn’t I?”

The fourth-year kids around her nodded, and it looks like Taeha snapped. “So if you lose, you won’t leave Seokmin-sunbae alone?!” She’s fuming and her wings came out. She pulled a sword from her wings, and as she was about to slash Yuna, Yuna immediately took her wings and flew up.

“Oh, she’s quick.” Chanwoo side-remarked. “Taeha is unnaturally quick, but she managed to dodge THAT. Kudos to the fairy!”

Yuna rolled her eyes. He still has the chance to comment on this? Lucky him. Now she has to think about how to fight back without hurting the kid too much. She has to think quickly. Other than the strings, she has no idea how to make her lose. Yuna noticed it, too. Taeha is fast. Her attacks are strong, too. She was able to swing her sword and almost made it slash Yuna. Yuna went back down on the ground, but farther from Taeha. “I can help hook you up with Seokmin!” Yuna tried to reason out.

“That’s even worse.” Taeha was going to dash for another sword attack, but before she did, two dragons appeared before her – a blue one and a black one. Yuna recognized these two dragons. Dongho and Seokmin.

“Enough!” Dongho reverted back to his human form, and so did Seokmin.

“Are you alright?” Seokmin asked Yuna as he scanned her arms for wounds.

“I was doing fine.” She reasoned, quite aggravated, and Seokmin chuckled.

“You were going to lose.” He sighed. “You think I didn’t know that your power comes in defence and support?” He squeezed her arm. “I’m your partner, I know lots.”

Yuna narrowed her eyes and shook her head as she pulled her arm away. “The feeling is not mutual.” She picked up her blazer and put it back on. She’s pissed. A little. She was trying to overcome a weakness – and he just had to appear in the right timing.

“Are you mad?” Seokmin asked, not raising his voice.

“No.” She lied and she sat back down.

The innocent boy, Seokmin, just nodded as Dongho began scolding the fourth-years. “You kids shouldn’t be fighting your senior, what the heck?”

“She gave me permission to fight her.” Taeha reasoned.

“I can’t treat you nicely if you treat my partner like this.” Seokmin warned Taeha.

“Broooooodiiiing~” Eunbi smirked and chuckled as she on a lollipop. Like, where did the lollipop come from? “I’m liking this show already. Bin-ah, do you have popcorn?”

Moonbin shook his head. “Nope, I don’t.”

“That’s too sad.” Eunbi shrugged her shoulders. She was about to say something else, but Chanwoo stopped her from doing so. “What?” She shot him a glare and he shook his head in disapproval.

“I don’t mess with my seniors, chika.” He affectionately called Eunbi. He gave her a small pat and came forward. He pulled Taeha and said, “I think you should apologize.”

Taeha, bewildered, asked. “What?! Me, apologize?”

“We wouldn’t be in this mess if you didn’t get fiery over Seokmin-hyung, anyway.”

Taeha rolled her eyes and shook her head. “I don’t apologize. Deal with it.” She, then, thought of a great way to settle this. “Then let’s do the sparring together. Winner takes all.”

Yuna noticed one more thing. Taeha has a yellow string connected

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter