7 - The Packs

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Yuna realized that she had to match the two exes, her mind went blank, and her face went blank, too. JUST HOW WILL SHE MAKE TWO EXES COME BACK TOGETHER? OR MAYBE JUST MAKE THEM REALIZE THEIR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER. Frustrated, she leaned her head on the table and sighed.Dawon and Luda noticed this, and the fairy nudged her.

“What’s up with you?” Luda asked. This time with telepathy, she asked, “Is this about Seungcheol and Sojung?”

Yuna nodded. “I need to know more about those two before I can match them.” She glanced at Luda. “Help me cut class.” Her classmates suddenly stared at her, and Luda, wide-eyed, shook her head. When Yuna realized what she just said, her fingers curled up. “I said that out loud, didn’t I?”

Seokmin and Mingyu, who were also waiting for an answer just nodded, and Seokmin broke to a smile. “Yes, you did.”

Luda crossed her arms and cupped her chin. “Rather than cutting classes, there’s someone in here who knows more about that story than I do.”

Yuna raised a brow at her friends. “Whoa, the fairy of knowledge missed out on something?”

“It doesn’t interest me, so I only know of the usual stuffs that were spread out, like, Seungcheol’s dad is the reason why Sojung’s mum died. But other than that, my knowledge regarding this issue is not that much since like I said, I don’t care about whether they broke up or not.”

The love fairy rolled her eyes. “Makes sense as to why it was written on your notes, ‘broke up, don’t know why’.”

“Exactly. And besides, I wasn’t even elected at that time. It was two years ago, right?”

“So who is this person?”

She pointed at Dawon, who raised her brow. “Me?”

“You were my predecessor’s assistant, right?”

Yuna’s brows keep rising at the revelations today. “Wait, fairies are allowed to get assistants?”

“Knowledge fairies are.” Luda pointed at Mingyu who was listening to them completely. “It’s like me and Mingyu. He’s my assistant.”

“So you weren’t just looking out for gossips?”

Mingyu choked at shot a cute glare at Yuna. “Hey, I’m moral!”

Yuna shook her head in disagreement and decided to change the topic quickly, and she moved on to Mingyu’s crush, Dawon. “You know a lot about them?”

Dawon shrugged and nodded. “Yes, I had to archive them, so if there’s anyone who knows this story more than anyone, it’s me.”Dawon took her bag from the front row and sat on the vacant seat in front of Luda. And yes, storytime for the group began, “The thing is, Sojung-unnie isn’t a pure banshee; she became a banshee after her mother’s death. Her father is a Dhampir, a human-vampire, and her mom is human.”

“Is that even allowed to happen?” Yuna looked at Luda, then at Dawon. “Like, she would only have a fourth-vampire blood, is that even valid for Banshee transformation?” She reasoned. In order for someone to turn to a banshee, she must have dark-sided parentage, wherein one of her parents should be an unnatural who is evil by nature like demons, vampires and the likes, and a human parent. The dark-sided parentage would have to be a great percentage above her humanly parentage. The person also has to experience great loss in order to turn to a banshee. Sojung fits the last criteria but Yuna wasn’t sure if she fits the first part, though.

“As long as you have dark-sided parentage and more than half of your DNA is human, it’s fine.” Luda explained, to which Yuna nodded at and Dawon continued talking.

“The thing is, about Sojung, she lived all her life believing that she’s all human, and her parents all are humans, too. So everything is humanly to her. She used to live in Manila, the capital human city here.” She explained to them. “It’s also where Unnaturals from this country meet every seven years but I’ll tell you more about that next time.” Then she came back to the Sojung topic. “Anyway, back in Manila, there was what they called the cleansing of the bloodline for a vampire clan.” Dawon took out her phone from her pocket and she scrolled it down and showed them a photo. It’s an older man who looks a lot like Seungcheol, with the pale skin and the lips. “He’s SeverinoChoi. The current head of the Choi clan, he’s also Seungcheol’s father.”

“What about Sojung, then? What’s he got to do with them?”

“The cleansing of the bloodline, which was held for almost twenty years until seven years ago, under tyrant clan leaders, happened to clear off hybrids, and Sojung’s father, Anthony Kim, is a dhampir under that clan. Dhampirs are their servants, and they do their dirty work.” She slid to the next photo. “That’s him. He was notorious for going against the clan’s beliefs, which includes his arranged marriage with a pure vampire, after marrying a human, Sojung’s mum, Savannah, he was excommunicated soon after Sojung was born.”

Yuna raised a brow. “If they were excommunicated, then how did Severino manage to get his hands on Savannah?”

“Here’s where Seokwoo gets into the story. As we all know, Seokwoo is half vampire-werewolf, a hybrid. On the last year of the cleansing, Seokwoo’s parents were exposed, so they hid in Sojung’s family, since Anthony and Seokwoo’s dad are siblings.”

“Making them cousins.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter