4 - The only time you’ll see Fairies Together

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna didn’t know why she asked Seokmin, her Draconian schoolmate, out for a town walk. She barely even knows him! She walked faster, trying to keep up with the Draconian’s pace. Suddenly, he stopped. “Hey, where are we going?” He asked her. The two of them reached the plaza. The plaza is no different to human plazas. It’s a hexagonal field with a gazebo in the middle. There are stores, food stalls and tons of seats. There were children running around, playing.Some wolves were sitting together, eating the finest meat, some elderly vampires were sipping blood like it’s afternoon tea, fairies and strzygas were flying around, and more of them were out there. Some students were also out there, eating together, coming in groups. “Hey.” Seokmin called her out once more.

“Oh, right.” Yuna breathed in and out. “I came here to observe”

Seokmin nodded and Yuna sat on one of the benches. He stood up and went to the drinks stall. The storekeeper is a vampire. Seokmin smelled his scent, and it smells like one of the elder members of his clique, Seungcheol. “So, what do fairies drink, mister?” He asked him.

“Honeycomb Juice.” He flatly replied. “And tea, like, tons of them.”

“Please get me one of those, and Fiery-Spicy-Pepper Juice.”

“That’s 70-kiao.” Seokmin gave the vampire a 100-kiao bill and he soon passed him the change. The shopkeeper began creating the juice and Seokmin looked at the scales on his hands. The scales are the Draconians’ symbol of identity.  It’s like the trademark of their race, other than the fact that they can turn to dragons by will. “You dating a fairy, boy?” The shopkeeper suddenly asked, startling Seokmin.

He smiled it off and shook his head. “No, Mister. We just went out after class to get a breather, or something.”

The shopkeeper nodded and he served him the drink. “Fairy blood is beneficial to all races except dragons, so be careful when you know,” He didn’t finish his statement. After all, he knows that they’re likely minors. “When you go to that stage of dating.”

Seokmin chuckled, but actually flushed in embarrassment. He just successfully made it less obvious because of his naturally reddish skin. “Y-yes.” He hesitantly answered then he took their drinks, then he went back to Yuna.

Yuna on the other hand, while she was waiting for Seokmin, had the time to look around the students with their uniforms on. She closed her eyes, opened it, closed it, and then opened it once more.

 

No gold strings.

She heaved a sigh, and just threw a glance at the cute Elf-Dragon couple that she saw earlier in the duration of the love potion mess. Kang Dongho and Jung Wheein. They ranked second on Luda’s list of top couples. She’s only gone through the first until the third, with the first being Seungcheol-Jiyeon and the third being Jihyo and Wonwoo, a Strzyga-Hybrid couple. Anyway, back to Dongho and Wheein. Dongho, the Draconian, is a lot taller than Wheein. Considering that the girl is in the taller side of the elves, the height gap is not that bad. Wheein is 5”4 and Dongho is 5”10. Yuna watched the two of them play around with bubbles, Dongho frequently carrying his girlfriend by the waist, and Wheein asking him to put her down.

They really look well together.

“You look invested.” Seokmin suddenly appeared next to her, with his wide smile and drinks on his hand. “I bought you Honeycomb Juice.”

“Oh, thanks.” Yuna took it from his hand and she began drinking it. She resumed observing the couple who are now walking away from the field and to the same shop where Seokmin got the drinks. “They’re cute.”

Seokmin nodded. “They are.”

And there was silence.

Yuna looked back at Seokmin’s hand, and the yellow string from earlier can no longer be found on his hands. She raised a brow and asked, “How can you shift emotions quickly?”

His eyes narrowed at curiosity. “What?”

Yuna’s beginning to hesitate. Her reason for hesitating is the same as earlier with Soonyoung. She doesn’t know whether to trust Seokmin or not. It’s not like her abilities are a secret though. “Earlier, you were mad at someone, and now, you’re no longer mad at that person.”

He smiled a little. “I was immature.”

“Was it at class?”

He shook his head, not removing his ~beautiful~ smile. “It was outside class, but don’t mind it, I’m okay.”

Yuna nodded. She’s not the Fairy of Justice nor the Fairy of Truth, so she can’t read through him. But she’s sure that at the very least, he’s telling the truth. The strings can’t lie. “Alrighty, then.”

“Hey, I have –“

Seokmin was cut off by someone who pulled his shoulder. A panting, 6-footer Unnatural. Yuna’s guessing that he’s a werewolf, they’re taller by nature, and his teeth looks like he’s one. “Here you are!” He yelled, then he placed his hands on his waist, trying to catch his breath, “Seok –“

Yuna naturally passed him the Honeycomb juice. “It’s honeycomb.” She said, he gratefully took it and drank more than half of it, then he returned it to Yuna. She threw the straw off and she directed her attention back to him. “Are you alright?”

“I am, but Seungcheol and Seokwoo are not, and Seokwoo SNAPPED.”

As far as Yuna can remember, Seungcheol and Seokwoo are the captain and vice-captain of the Basketball team, respectively. They were in good terms until last year, according to the data Luda provided, and it wasn’t stated there, either, on what happened between them. It just said there, “on cold war”. But it seems to her that the wolf and Seokmin are suddenly on edge. Seokmin stood up and he cracked his neck. He twisted his head a bit, and he began to glow. HE DEADASS TRANSFORMED IN FRONT OF ME!

Seokmin’s dragon form is a blue dragon. Pure dragons are two times larger than him, but regardless, he’s still huge. “Yuna.” He called her out. “You can go home on your own, right?”

You’ve got to be kidding me. Me? Missing out the drama? She smirked and with that said, she brought out her wings and flapped it. Her wings are white and gold. It was wide and tall. A wing is twice her size and it’s slightly above her head but no lower than her knees. “You can’t see me missing out the dramas, right?”

His dragon face was able to show a small smirk, but Yuna can see his human form smirk and chuckle. “Alright, then Mingyu better start running.” He smiled at his werewolf friend, apparently named Mingyu. “Race you to the school.”

“No fair, you two got WINGS!” Mingyu could only yell as the two winged Unnaturals flew off to the school.

 

Sojung paced quietly under the shade. She had crossed arms and a she has a worried expression. In the middle of the quadrangle are Seokwoo and Seungcheol. Both of their flaring eyes glaring at one another, yelling of hatred and disgust. The two of them are being held back by their own cliques and fellow vampires and werewolves.

“Hold him down, he can’t move anywhere without the pendant of protection, anyway.” Seokwoo began. “ to be a vampire who can’t stand the sunlight, doesn’t it?”

“Shut it, immoral vampire. If your mother hadn’t been a werewolf, you would be under me, fool!” Seungcheol began flashing his fangs, and two other vampires, held him down. “Let go of me!”

“And what, maybe die here? No thank you, Seungcheol.” The other vampire, Jaebum literally pulled him. “It’s no use fighting Seokwoo, none of you two woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter