18 - Secrets

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18 – SECRETS

 

After the morning classes is the favourite part of any other student – breaktime. And where else would our favourite pack spend their precious breaktime? Of course, where else will it be, in Yuna’s office , of course – the only office with air conditioning. Yuna is browsing the spellbook, Luda was busy dissing the boys and the boys were busy writing down parts of Luda’s dictionary. Dawon, on the other hand, is reading some of Yuna’s books.

Yuna is actually stressed. And right now, honestly, the last thing she really needs is a spell that can cut down strings – as if the mess she’s in (see: her ancestry) isn’t enough of a bad story. Really, the Rite of Cutting is such a mess of a spell. Well, who has the hots to really cut down a perfectly-good-string? She shut the book quite loudly, as we may add, to the point that it got the rest of the packs’ attention. Apparently, right now, the other kids are playing UNO cards. That one card game that is capable of destroying friendships. Yugyeom got it from his cousins when they came back from the human town nearby. They’re all enjoying it, even Dawon is joining in!

“What are you all doing?” Yuna asked as she raised a brow at them.

“Playing?” Yugyeom asked.

“Obviously, though?” She snapped, and Yugyeom was taken aback, and so are the other kids to the point that Seokmin and Mingyu both stood up and were about to try and stop them in any case Yuna throws some sort of spell. “What?!”

“You need a chill pill.” Seokmin began as he held on her arm to maybe calm her down. “Hey, what’s wrong?” On his voice, Yuna actually began to chill out and calm herself down. Getting pissed should be out of the equation as it doesn’t really help on anything.

“This spell is so hellish.” She looked at her watch and then at the calendar. “What class do you have after break?” She asked Seokmin as he raised a brow in return.

“Vacant, why?”

“Let’s go for a jog.”

Seokmin raised a brow. OF COURSE HE’D RAISE A BROW. First of all, Yuna was deadass mad and pissed then suddenly, the girl turns 360 and she asks for a jog? “You’re insanely moody these days.”

“Are we going on a jog or not?” Seokmin shrugged and just followed her out – afraid to get lashed at anytime soon, leaving the rest of the pack heaving a heavy sigh, except maybe for Dawon who suddenly had a suspicious smile plastered across her face. Of course, this didn’t save her from getting noticed by Yugyeom, who has been carefully observing her for the past few days.

In his eyes, Dawon’s becoming strange as time goes by.

She’s hiding something. Yugyeom told himself. Every now and then, he would notice her staring at their hands – that bad habit Yuna has, but hey, the girl sees strings, it shouldn’t be new.

But if Dawon can see strings, then it means – he shook his head. No, it can’t be. She’s not it. She’s not her. He shook his head once more as Dawon noticed him. “Are you okay?” She asked him.

“Well, I am.” He nodded and faked a smile. Now, Dawon is INDEED suspicious.

 

Jogging isn’t fun, especially not for the fitness-hating Seokmin. Needless to say, he HATES P.E. But right now is not the time to hate PE as his partner’s only way of releasing stress is through running when she has wings. He thinks they should be flying, not running. He tries to keep her company, though, even if she outruns him not just once but maybe a lot of times.

“Your siblings, what’s your ?” He asked as he finally caught up with her.

“They’re both born in 2002, so 5 years?” He nodded as she asked this time, “Any siblings for you?”

Seokmin shook his head. “I’m an only son.”

Yuna finally slowed down after a while. “You know, Seokmin, you’re weird.”

“Me? What did I do?”

“There are days when you’re like, super sweet and shy, the flower-boy type, and there are days where you’re like our senior, Dongho, very very manly and then there are days that you’re like this.”

“Like what?”

“That you look at me like I’m the prettiest girl in this planet.”

“Why, are you not?” Oh why did I say that? Seokmin cursed as he stopped his tracks. And when it processed through Yuna, she stopped, as well.

She blinked before walking back to him. “Did you just try to flirt with me?”

“Subtly.” He admitted. He flushed to a deep shade of red, making Yuna chuckle a lot and look at her hands before looking back at his. “What are you staring at?”

“I thought you’re only cute when you smile your gummy smile.” She smiled. “But you look cute blushing, too.”

He blinked. “That’s mean.”

“It’s not.”

“It is!” She laughed out loud and Seokmin felt relieved. She’s moody these days, and the spell of cutting strings did not help, obviously. “Wait, did you just flirt with me?”

Yuna nodded. “I think I did.” She cheered before running off for another run.

“Choi Yuna, you don’t just flirt with me and run off!” He began chasing her tracks and they both laughed. “Hey, you have to compensate me!”

Yuna looked back and was about to roll her eyes when something happened.

Her eyes widened.

Her ears opened.

Her legs weakened.

And she can only hear one thing.

“The White Strzyga fated to oversee all Holy Wars, a Vampire strong enough to make a whole city fall asleep, a Fairy powerful enough to carry powers of a dragon and a Dragon who gained immunity over fairy powers will awaken the sleeping tiger and the second holy war – this fairy shall be a witness to it.”

It kept repeating and repeating through her ears. She can’t hear anything else but the rusty sound of an old man. It sent shivers to her spine, and she was out of it. It was like she’s in a deep well with no light to see and no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter