17 - Return

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17 – Returns

 

“These clothes are annoying and hellish as .” Seokmin helped Yuna out of the car. With her Chengpai, basically, moving is quite difficult. It’s long, and she’s supposed to pick up the ends of the dress. As if getting into this dress isn’t hard enough. “How did you guys manage to walk on these?!” Bewildered, she asked Seokmin as he just chuckled it off, helping her out of the car. The Dragon Parade just ended. IT was the finale, and it was good. Of course, there were plenty of out-of-control kids running around since it’s the full moon, but the fairies are all in hard work.

“It’s because we were so used in wearing these, Yuna.”

“Yeah right, you’ve been wearing pants.”

“And so is Dawon.” Yuna groaned as she got off the car and she saw her friends. Seokmin made a point – the other girls aren’t wearing long dresses like hers. “Don’t fret too much about it, you look good.” Seokmin whispered through her ears, startling Yuna.

Dawon smiled widely and interlaced her arms with Yugyeom, sensing some sort of romantic tension between Seokmin and Yuna. She had a smirk on and she looked up at Yugyeom. “Do you guys want to split? On pairs?”

Yuna sensed Dawon trying to matchmake and she rolled her eyes. “Look, Dawon, that plan, whatever’s running in the entirety of your brain, is NOT a good idea.”

Dawon raised her arm in defence. “I’m not planning anything, though.”

“Sure you aren’t, Dawonce’.” She joked with sarcasm, calling her by the nickname her batchmates began calling her “Let’s go get some drinks, dudes and dudettes. You see, your love fairy, is now craving for some good- human mojito.”

Mingyu raised a brow. “Do they even sell human mojito here? Last time I checked, they don’t sell human mojito unless it’s Human Week.”

“We have Draconian Mojito, though.” Seokmin suggested. “That’s a good shot, too.”

“Seokmin, only you can stand the spiciness of the dragon foods they served this week, and you know it.” Luda chided, making him shrug. “Do they have at least, regular Fairy Rum or Tanduay Ice at the least?”

“I’m sure they have some, come on.” The pack went off to the stall, declared their orders and sat on a vacant seat. From their seat, they can still see some kids wilding, but it’s much more quiet this time. The two fairies ordered Fairy Rum while the others except Seokmin picked up Tanduay Ice. Seokmin picked Draconian Mojito, of course. It’s his favourite drink.

“Cheers!” The pack cheered. Yugyeom is evidently happy. He even stood up and took a one-shot. “Wow, this week finally finished! I’m so D O N E with this week. Can you believe it? I saw a Hydra, for the first time in my life, too. This week is so damn cool.”

Yuna rolled her eyes, totally contradicting his statement at the back of her head. “Not for me.” She said before sipping some of her drink. “This week is so tiring, finally, we’re gonna have regular classes starting this Tuesday.”

“Admit it, Yuna, it was worth it.” Mingyu joked as he took a sip of his own drink. “And we all got cash!” He showed off his canine teeth, making everyone smile. Not to mention Yuna also gained access to Dongho’s spellbook, which is to be delivered first thing this Tuesday. “And my family is in town, guys. My sis may show up –“

 

Jinxed.

A werewolf with grey eyes suddenly showed up. She’s tall, and she has red hair, which is different to Mingyu’s orange eyes and brown hair. From the looks of it, Yuna’s guessing that the hair’s in-born. She’s born a redhead. “As I was saying, my sister may show up anytime.” Mingyu stood up and smiled brightly. “Minkyung.” He greeted her before giving her a hug. Minkyung, as named now by our werewolf, hugged back and later shook hands with Luda. Luda returned it with a nod of acknowledgement. Yuna looked at the strings and there’s a white string – definitely family.

“Hi, you guys must be Mingyu’s pack.” She beamed. Yuna noticed that while Mingyu had these canine teeth, Minkyung doesn’t. “I’m Kim Minkyung, his twin sister.”

Seokmin was the first to give out his hand. “Pleasure to meet you, Minkyung.”

Minkyung raised a brow. “When did you transfer to Busay?”

“Ah, it was three years ago.”

“No wonder why I don’t know you. I left Busay after second year, so that’s why we probably didn’t meet.”

Yuna nudged Seokmin. “You didn’t start schooling here?” She asked with a whisper.

“I was homeschooled.”

Yugyeom only had a smile on his face as he stared at Minkyung. She smiled back at him. “It’s been a while, Gyeom.” Oh. Yuna realized it quickly before looking at the strings. She’s right. Yuna’s right. Yugyeom and Minkyung are soulmates. Good for them, no bad omen with the strings.

“It has, Minkyung.”

Yuna nudged Dawon. She should know something about it, right? “So, what about them?”

“Exes.”

Yuna can only give an ‘oh’ and a nod. Minkyung soon shook hands with Dawon. “Dawonce, how are you?”

“The nickname died, Minkyung, and I’ve been fine.” Dawon smiled widely and after that, Minkyung went to Yuna and shook their hands together.

“You must be Yuna.”

Oh, that voice sounds familiar. But where on earth did I hear this voice? Yuna asked herself, but before anyone can grasp what’s up, Yuna just smiled widely. “Yes, I am. It’s nice to meet you, Minkyung.” She looked at Mingyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter