2 - Love Potions

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Way to go, on giving the fairy a good first day, Kwon Soonyoung.” Through her closed eyes, Yuna can hear people – cross that. Unnaturals talking. The first person sounds warm and sweet, like milk and honey together – Yummy. Yuna thought.

“Heh, sorry.” The Soonyoung-person apologized. Yuna noted his sharp and fun tone. He seems to be someone who would be fun to be with.

“Well, Soonyoung, wait for her to wake up and apologize, no? Do you have class? Seokmin will excuse you.” Sojung’s voice resounded as Yuna recognized it, as well. “Because you better join her for her first day or else we’re gonna be talking very long for today, Soonyoung.”

She heard one of them sigh. “I have transformation class right now. Seokmin doesn’t take that. He only has Fire Magic class with me.” His voice is the same as the second person, making Yuna conclude that he’s Soonyoung. “Man, Hellhound curriculum is so hard to follow.”

Hellhound curriculum?

This made Yuna open her eyes and sit. There are three people, one of them, the guy who had Sojung’s gold string attached, helped her up with a smile. “Are you okay, Fairy?” He asked her. “Sorry about Soonyoung, he’s really playful.” She remembered the milk-honey-like tone, making her conclude that he was the first person to speak.

“I’m fine, thank you.” Yuna shook his hand away, making his hands retreat back to his sides, and his smile change to a half-smile. She looked up and met Soonyoung, the Hellhound’s eyes. “What’s up with the Hellhound curriculum?”

“Ah, Yuna.” Sojung called her out. “Soonyoung transferred here two weeks ago from Balkan Peninsula in Greece, and Hellhounds are new in Busay Falls, so their curriculum is not as developed as ours.”

Yuna nodded and she looked at Soonyoung’s hands that were placed on top of her bed. She only realized now that she’s in the infirmary. Its wall is dark brown, and the things that stand out are the white-coloured beds, the third-covered one-part not-so-translucent curtains that would block patients from one another and the nurses’ table. Going back to Soonyoung’s hand, she noticed that other than the red string, Soonyoung doesn’t have any other strings, including the golden one. As she expected, Soonyoung’s red string doesn’t connect to anyone. Probably because Sojung’s string is already connected to the guy, Seungcheol and the other guy, the Draconian’s string doesn’t connect to anyone, as well. While hers, well, she doesn’t see it. It’s already in their fairy laws. So basically, anyone whose string is connected to her would have unmatched strings.  “Are you adjusting well?” Yuna asked him suriously.

“I’m adjusting fine, thanks.” Soonyoung answered with a wide smile. It’s the type of smile that made Yuna smile back at him. “Your smile is pretty.” He complimented her, making her smile wider. “I’m Soonyoung, he’s Seokmin.” He said as he pointed at the Draconian whose golden string is connected to Sojung. “Can you guess his race?”

“Draconian.” She nonchalantly answered. Yuna began scanning Seokmin from head-to-toe. She noticed the scales on his hand, the dragon crest in the middle of his tie and his tan skin. She was sure he’s Draconian.

He smirked and smiled brightly. It was too bright to the point that it almost cost Yuna’s eyes. “You’re good.”

“I’m a fairy.”

“With wet wings, may I add?”

Yuna smiled at his sense of humour – definitely better than Sojung’s bad joke earlier. Yuna looked at the clock over at the wall and she frowned. “Sojung, it’s 11.”

Sojung blinked and she looked at her own watch and sighed. “Oh well, Seokmin, come on. We have swordsmanship class.” Sojung stood up and she tugged on Seokmin’s shirt. In Yuna’s eyes, the golden string just got tighter. What could be the love that’s binding these two together? Yuna asked herself as the two buzzed out of the room. “See you!” They both waved at Soonyoung and Yuna goodbye and the latter waved back in return. Yuna pushed the blanked off of her body and slid down off the bed.

“Aren’t you gonna stay up and rest?”

Yuna just shook her head. “You just hit me, I’m not that hurt. Although my wings are still wet, I have Potions class at twelve.”

Soonyoung smiled widely once more. His eyes look like the clock when it’s 10:10. “Then we have an hour both. Do you have anything you want to do for an hour?”

Find golden hearts. Yuna wanted to say, but she wasn’t sure whether to trust Soonyoung. “Roam around school, maybe? Like, where are the crowds at?”

“Over in the basketball court, fawing over the basketball team.”

Yuna raised a brow. “And by the basketball team, you mean?”

Soonyoung beamed and he held her wrist, careful not to hold her hand. “Let’s go watch them!”

Maybe it’s just Yuna, but she didn’t like the idea of spending her ~precious~ 1 hour watching girls scream “Choi Seungcheol”, “Lee Chandong”, “Hong Joshua” or something like “Kim Seokwoo”. But the hellhound next to her is enjoying the games, making casual “oohs” when Seungcheol doesn’t make the hoop and eventual cursing when the people wearing black, aka, not Seungcheol’s team makes it. She just sat next to him with a smug expression on her face, and an uninterested look to match it up. What DO interest her are the ties on their hands. The players all have the variety of colours, something she didn’t find on someone who’s maybe as innocent as Soonyoung. Purple is surprisingly dominant with the basketball players. In the ten players who are playing right now, only two of them don’t have the purple string. In Yuna’s eyes, it’s eight guys who like other people physically. A downvote from someone who thinks the boys are handsome. But what interested Yuna is this.

The captain of the people wearing black had a yellow string attached to Seungcheol, but a purple string attached to Kim Jiye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter