3 - The First Heart

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soonyoung, brightly smiling, entered the Love Fairy's office, and well, he got a strong- smack at the back of his neck from the fairy. She's fuming, and Seokmin is just at the side, sipping his tea. "What the hell did you just do?"

He blinked. "Huh? I didn't want you to do it, so I did it without your permission."

"That was stupid, Soonyoung."

"But it was fun." He reasoned with another smile.

"It was immature!"

"It was called saving a face." She noticed that his hands now has a light blue string. Oh, why is the blue string being tied up now?  Yuna sighed at the complications of the strings. She looked across her desk and noticed Luda's note. She told me to come find her if I had problems.

"Both of you get out. Now." She went to her desk and picked up her bag, her potion bottle, and her blazer. “I’m locking this room, I’m going out.”

Seokmin stood up and smiled bitterly, but Yuna failed to notice its bitterness. Soonyoung frowned but he nodded. “Let’s go, Soonyoung-hyung.”Seokmin instructed him. “Ah, before I forget.” He looked back at Yuna. “There’s a club for singers. You can join us if you want.”

Yuna raised a brow. “But I’m already in a club.”

“It’s not gonna hurt for you to try, right?”

Yuna shrugged and the two boys left her room. She soon followed after as she went on and knocked on her neighbor. “Fairy of Knowledge, it’s the Fairy of Love.” After three knocks, the door opened, and the Fairy of Knowledge showed up. She’s small, and she hasshort, blonde hair. Her uniform is too big for her to the point that the supposedly above-the-knee skirt becomes below-the-knee. “Hi!” She greeted shyly, her blush is also showing.

“Hey.” Yuna greeted back.

“C-come in!” She stuttered and opened the door. When Yuna came in, she noticed that the Fairy of Knowledge’s office is as yellow as her pink office. Luda noticeably has a humanly laptop, a humanly phone, and a humanly printer, in contrast to the potion laboratory she has in her office. The walls are also filled with books, and there’s a bed behind her table, too. Yuna sat on the consultation chair and Luda served her some tea. “It’s apple tea.”

“Thank you.” Yuna sipped some of it. “It’s good.”

“It’s Lipton.”

Yuna blinked at Luda’s sudden comeback, and she placed her teacup down. “I see.”

The awkward silence soon died out. “What brings you here?” Luda asked.

“I have a few questions regarding everything.” Yuna sighed and she began fidgeting.

“Like what?”

“You said you knew about my task, how much do you know about it?”

Luda smirked. She must know a lot. Yuna concluded. “As the Fairy of Knowledge, I do know a lot about your task. You need to find seven golden hearts, right?”

Yuna nodded. “But I don’t know how or where to start. You see, I grew up thinking you can only get gold hearts with the gold string, but earlier –” Yuna remembered Seokmin’s sudden string change. “I saw a gold string slip off someone’s finger.”

“Because the gold string comes and goes. It doesn’t stay that long in someone. You have to figure out the relationship between the tied people to get the gold heart. Who was it?”

“Seokmin and Sojung.” Yuna answered.

“Do they have the red string?”

Yuna shook her head as a no.

“Then it’s pure love for the friend.” Luda spoke softly. “Love isn’t all about the love as in marriage, love goes in many ways. I may love you right now as a friend, someone might have one-sided love, but you can still get the gold heart from them. You just have to know your target.” Luda took her own cup and sipped from it. “And golden hearts don’t just come from golden strings, they may come from red and blue, as well. Nothing good will come out of purple and yellow strings, though.”

Yuna nodded in agreement. “Do you have any idea where should I start?”

Luda raised her hand. “Do you think you can get mine?” Yuna saw her strings. Someone has yellow connected to her, red and white, as well. She closed her eyes and sighed.

“This task is much harder than I thought it would be.”

“Of course the first task is hard. If it wasn’t, then anyone could be fairies now.”

“Point taken.” Yuna agreed.

“Do you want a decisive hint on where you can get a heart?” Yuna’s attention went back to Luda. “Observe classes. The gold string will show you the way.”

 

Her next class is P.E, or Physical Education. She wasn’t a fan of this class. She just had to take it because it’s in the fairy curriculum. For today’s P.E. class, they had to go out to the waterfalls. They’re going waterfall diving today. The vampires in her class had to wear sun-protective necklaces, some of them approached her and asked for fairy blood, she could swear that purple strings began appearing on their hands. She’s disgusted.

The town of Busay Falls, as we all know, is located right behind Busay Waterfalls. In order to get to the town, you have to climb up to the cave, and pass through that. If your wings can’t get wet, you have to go through the mountain, then walk to the valley. Hassle, even for Yuna.

The group of twenty students were all together. Other than hellhounds, draconians, fire and earth elementals (Unnaturals who take the forms of Air, Water Earth or Fire), every student have to take this course in Physical Education class. They were at the topmost of the waterfall, and they have to jump down and swim.

“Enough of this ruckus!” The professor, the small, blonde, spec-bound Miss Kim Taeyeon, also an elf, stood in front of them. Yuna noticed that her red string is binded by a ring, it means that she’s married to her soulmate. “Alright. The rules are simple. I threw twenty coins down there. Go find them with your diving skills, you may use your in-born abilities. I will record your diving time. Your grades will depend on how short your diving time was. No magic.” She shot a glare at Yuna and another fairy on the other side. “Fairy magic is also not allowed in this course, do I have myself clear, Love Fairy?” Yuna nodded and Miss Kim leered at the other fairy in the class, “Justice?”

Yuna looked over at the other side, realizing that the Fairy of Justice also changed. It was Miss Kim Ahyoung last week. Maybe she and Miss Kim Yongsun were both promoted. Yuna nodded at her own conclusion.

“Observe classes. The gold string will show you the way.”

Yuna looked around, checking out their hands one by one. She first began with their class’ representative, Im Nayoung, an Oak-moon Alpha. Alpha, because she’s a leader of a pack or group and also because she’s an Oak-Moon werewolf. She’s seen her name in Luda’s list of couples and OTPs, but it doesn’t seem like she’s dating anyone. The data also noted that she recently broke up with Hwang Minhyun, a kitsune (fox shapeshifters). Yuna looked around for someone who has fox-like eyes, and she found him, soon enough. He’s tall, but not taller that Seokmin, but he’s really-really pale. If she didn’t know beforehand that he was a kitsune, she would think that Hwang Minhyun is a vampire. The two of them no longer have bonds to one another, which is a relief to Yuna, no need to pair exes.

“Hwang Minhyun, Lee Siyeon, Im Nayoung, Roseanne Park, Yeom Haein, prepare to jump!” As the professor yelled for five people to stand on the edge, five more assigned to push them have to stand behind a respective person. They’re going to ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter