Let's end this!

True Love

 

 

Sohee was surprised to see the clock besides her bed.

“Oh My  God!” she suddenly jumped from her bed. That was 8 am. She usually woke up at 6 am, preparing breakfast for Heechul.  But this morning she woke up 2 hours late.

Sohee walked out from her room and even more surprised to see Heechul was setting the table.

“Oppa what are you doing? Let me do that…” Sohee quickly approached him.

“Ahh that’s okay. You better take a bath… go go, you’re smelly!” Heechul laughed.

Heechul seemed to be so cheerful today. And sohee could feel that weird act.

“What happened?” sohee asked, she raised her eyebrow.

“What do you mean?” Heechul asked back.

“Hmm… nothing. I’ll take a bath then…” sohee walked to her room but Heechul grabbed her hand all of sudden hugged her. Sohee was surprised.

Heechul didn’t say anything. He just hugged her so tight. Although Sohee didn’t understand why, she just let Heechul did that.

“I love you… And i just want you to be happy…” Heechul whispered.

“W…why so suddenly said that?” sohee was confused.

“Just want you to know that…” Heechul smiled.

“I know that…” Sohee looked down.

“Well, i gotta go now. Let’s go out tonight! What kind of couple we are? We never even went out together!” Heechul pouted.

“hmm? Fine…” Sohee smiled.

“Good! Okay then, Bye! Take care of your self!” Heechul waved his hand and walked out.

Sohee just stood up there.

“You… really are weird today..” Sohee whispered to her self.

 

***

 

“Where are we going, oppa?” sohee asked while pressing the button to close the car’s window.

“Anywhere you want…” Heechul answered kindly.

“Don’t be like that! You’re the one who asked me to go out!” sohee pouted.

“hmm… let’s have fun! Going to the cinema, having dinner, shopping everything…” Heechul glanced at her.

“Okay!” sohee nodded excitedly.

They spent the night together. They saw the movie and had dinner at the restaurant. On the way back, Sohee fell asleep at the car. But Heechul had one more destination for them.

“Hey wake up! We’ve arrived!” Heechul pat sohee’s shoulder softly.

Sohee slowly opened her eyes. She shook her heavy  head after sleeping. She looked around the outside the car.

“This isn’t home…” sohee said weakly.

“This isn’t… We’re at the beach now!” Heechul walked out from the car. He then opened the door for Sohee.

Although her body felt so heavy and hard to walk outside, sohee finally walked. Heechul and Sohee then sat at the edge of the beach together.

Sohee just kept quiet. She couldn’t forget that beach was one of so many things that would bring back her sweet memories with Jiyong. The place where she received Jiyong’s first smile. The place where she had her very first kiss with him. Her step felt so heavy.

“Why you bring me here?” sohee asked while looking at the sea.

“ Anything wrong with beach?” Heechul asked back.

“It reminds me of….” Sohee stopped her sentence.

“It’s just… now i don’t really like beach…” Sohee hide her true feeling.

“Well, are you having fun today? Are you happy?” Heechul asked excitedly.

“Of course! Kamsahamnida!” Sohee forced her self to smile. Actually, all the things she did today already made her happy. But this beach plan broke her happy mood.

Now. It’s heechul’s turn to keep in silence. He looked down and seemed like thinking about something.

“Sohee…” Heechul looked up and finally broke the silence.

“Yes?” sohee turned her head to Heechul.

Heechul took a deep breath and held Sohee’s hand.

“Let’s end this….” He sighed.

“What are you talking about?” Sohee widened her eyes and looked at Heechul deeply.

“It’s the time…. Let’s end everything. End your pain, end your fake happiness… " Heechul taked so slowly and weakly. 

"I can’t stand this anymore” Heechul’s eyes got teary.

Sohee was stabbed by those words.

“My pain? My fake happiness? I’ve told you i’m trying my best to accept this, haven’t i? Why did you so suddenly become like this?” Sohee started feeling nervous. She took her hand From Heechul.

“How long will you keep lying to your self? It’s enough now…. Seriously…” Heechul sighed.

Sohee didn’t answer. She just looked down. She was afraid to admit that Heechul was right.

“I know you’re suffered by this marriage, sohee… And if you think you’re the only one suffered, you’re wrong! So far, i’ve been always thinking about your feeling, your own feeling"

"I will just do everything as long as you’re happy. But this? You’re not even happy. You’re just pretending…..” Heechul couldn’t hold on his own pain too. For about these 3 months, he has trying so hard to survive.

Sohee could just pretend again now, but Heechul knew her too well. Every single thing came from his mouth shooted her. Sohee gave up.

“I…..” sohee just said a word.

“I don’t know what i’ve been doing….” Sohee burst into tears. She covered her face with her hand.

“I never thought about your feeling. I’m such stupid person. Really…” Sohee cried even harder.

Sohee couldn’t think of anything else. Her body was shaking. Everything that Heechul said was  all true. Maybe it’s not a right decision to marry Heechul just because of her Dad. But what else she could do at that time? There was no other choice she had. She would feel like she was the worst daughter in the world if she didn’t fulfill her dad’s favor.

“Listen… Now i really think everything is enough. You should stop hurting your own feeling” Heecul looked at Sohee deeply. He tried to make Sohee sure.

“But you know from the beginning why i did this, right?” sohee asked. She wiped her tears.

“Your dad wanted 2 things from me: Marrying you, and making you happy. The first favor, marrying you, i have done it, right? The second thing was making you happy. I’m sure, the most important thing for your dad was your happiness. And he might think the way to make you happy was by asking me to marry  you. And now we found out that that’s not a right way”

Heechul tried to think positively, and to make Sohee realize what’s the real meaning of his Dad’s favor.

“It’s not that your dad only wanted me to marry you, but He also wanted me to make you happy.And  Sohee, i have my own way to make you happy…” Heechul stopped. He looked down.

“How?” Sohee asked weakly.

Heechul closed his eyes, trying so hard to just throw those words that are stucked in his throat.

“By letting you go with your true love….” Heechul smiled and pat her shoulder.

Sohee was speechless. She was surprised by his words. True love? Did she even still have her true love? Or if she still had it, was her true love still there?

“Don’t be afraid, Sohee… Your dad will definitely understand. He will feel happy when you’re happy. Please, try to understand this. You should open your mind and heart. If you keep doing this and hurting your self, do you think your dad is happy there?” Heechul once again try to persuade her.

He him self was actually feeling so difficult to let her go, but so what? He loved sohee so much at the level where he didn’t even care about his own feeling.

“But it’s just too late…” sohee sighed. All she could do was only regretting.

“I have so suddenly come into his life, and also so suddenly disappeared…” Sohee looked down. At that time, she felt so empty and like loosing all of her life.

Heechul stood up and walked into his car. Sohee was staring at him.

“What’s he gonna do?” Sohee asked her self.

Heechul got back a few minutes later. Then he sat besides Sohee.He gave her an evelope.

“What’s this?” Sohee held that envelope confusedly. Then she opened the envelope slowly. She was shocked, her eyes grew widen when she saw that. That was divorce agreement.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to end this right now. You didn't even give me any chance to think about divorce.You really want us to get divorced now?!!!” Sohee asked angrily. She threw the letter and stood up.

“Listen to me, Sohee! Please…. “ Heechul took her hand He placed his hands on Sohee’s shoulder.

“This is the best way Sohee. For you, me, and Jiyong. You haven’t forgotten him, have you?” Heechul argued.

Sohee just nodded, but her tears started came out again.

“I’ve told you i’ve been late… He hates me now..” Sohee looked up.

“Better late then never! You’ll never know if you never try! I’ve done everything i could for someone i love, although the last thing i could do is to let her go. Now, what can you do to your love? Run for that Sohee… You should fight for that!” Heechul encouraged  her.

He took the letter and once again gave it to Sohee.

“Take this. If you really want to run for your true love, sign that Sohee. Think about your feeling, and also Jiyong’s….” Heechhul begged.

Sohee slowly took it from Heechul. She finally signed the letter with tears. Then, she gave it back to Heechul.

“Now your pain will be over soon, Sohee…” Heechul smiled to her.

“Is this why you treat me so kindly today?” Sohee asked.

Heechul nodded. “That was my way to say goodbye…” He hugged sohee.

Sohee couldn’t  believe that. She couldn’t believed that she has through 3 months with a very angel hearted man like Kim Heechul. The man that loved her with all his heart, and even finally let her go with another man she really loved. Sohee once again cried.

“Good Bye Sohee…. I hope you’ll find your true love and happiness soon” Heechul wiped her hair, and tears dropped.

 

Seoul, Korea

There were only three days left. Jiyong couldn’t even live in peace

There was no day without staring at Sohee’s photo on her job desk.

“Where are you, princess? God please bring her to me. I don’t want to get married unless it’s with her…” All he could do was only begging and praying.

Suddenly, he was surprised by a phone call. He looked at the screen. It was an unknown number. He didn’t want to pick it. But he didn’t know why, his feeling just forced him to pick it up.

“Hello…” Jiyong talked lazily.

“Kwon Jiyong?” the person on the phone asked.

“Yes. Excuse me who’s this?” Jiyong raised his eye brow.

“Ahn Sohee is back…”

Jiyong got shocked. His heart beat so fast.