Hate me...

True Love

 

Heechul couldn’t believe what he just heard from Sohee.

“Sohee! mariage is not a game! It’s not just about fulfilling the promise, but loving someone for the whole life! Don’t joke around!” For the first time his life, he shouted at Sohee so loudly. Heechul was angry.

Sohee was quiet. Her body was shaking. She was scared to see Heechul shouting at her.

“I am sorry, oppa…” Her tears dropped.

“But… i’m not joking… I’m serious. I love appa so much. I can’t make him disappointed. For the whole of his life, i haven’t even made him happy and proud of me. Now it’s been too late. It’s the only thing i can do for him” Sohee cried even harder.

“Don’t you understand there’s a man who will also be hurted by this??!!! You said you loved him so much?!! How could you just decide something like this?!!” Heechul was uncontrollable. He was sad, disappointed, and angry at the same time.

It was his dream to marry Sohee. But there was no reason to be happy, since he knew that Sohee just did it because of her guilty pressure.

“I love my Appa more… Just think about my appa and i now, please… Let’s do this for him…” Sohee kept crying.

Heechul sat down. He was frustrated. Then, he looked at Sohee who was so weak and sad. He tried so hard to throw his ego.

“Now what do you want?” Heechul asked sohee.

“Let’s just do it soon… before i change my mind…” sohee answered.

“What about Jiyong?” Heechul was worried.

“You don’t need to worry about him. That’s my business..” Sohee tried to calm him.

Heechul just sat there. His eyes were blank. He couldn’t believe that his love to Sohee would end like this.

“Do you know how i felt when i found out that the girl i’ve been loving for years was with another man?” Heechul looked at Sohee’s eyes sharply.

Sohee just looked down, she didn’t want to know the answer. She was scared.

“It felt like losing a half of my self! The feeling when i felt like not wanting to live anymore! But you know what finally saved me from that feeling? The fact that you were happy with a man that you really loved!” Heechul’s eyes got teary.

“So what? So Jiyong will also be happy for me, right?” Sohee pretended that she was fine

“I at least could smile a bit because you were with someone whom you really loved. But Jiyong? He would be even hurted 100 times more than me” Heechul stopped.

“Why?” Sohee raised her eyebrow, trying so hard to hold on her tears.

“Because he knew, you didn’t love me…” Heechul answered with a very irritate voice.

“Please stop! Please don’t continue…….”, Sohee couldn’t hold on her tears anymore.

Sohee immediately stood up and wiped her tears.

“I rely everything on you. Please prepare all the things we need. Thank you so much, Oppa” Sohee bowed with no expression, then, she left.

 

Jiyong’s POV

Jiyong was surprised to see the new text  on his cellphone.

From: Princess Sohee

How are you? It’s been a while… Let’s meet up at the park tonight 8 p.m.

Jiyong jumped from his seat. It’s been two weeks that Sohee didn’t contact him.

“Yeah! Finally…. You know i’ve been missing you so much, princess?!!” Jiyong smiled widely. He got so excited to meet his sweetheart.

 

At the park

Jiyong sat at the swing alone. He wanted to be there earlier before his girlfriend. He has even been there from 7 p.m.

Suddenly, a very pretty girl walked toward him. She wore a white dress and a black cardigan. She let her long black hair fell. Yes, that girl was his lovely princess, Sohee.

Sohee just stood up in front of Jiyong who was sitting on the swing. She smiled and looked at his face.

“I miss you….” Sohee just said that.

“I miss you more!” Jiyong held her hand and asked her to sit on the swing besides him.

Sohee just sat and looked down. She didn’t talk too much. Jiyong was wondering if Sohee was still sad about her dad.

“Are you feeling better?” Jiyong broke the silence.

Sohee just nodded and smiled, then, her eyes looked around the park.

“Honey…” Jiyong shook her shoulder.

Sohee was surprised and pouted.

“Waeyo?” she raised her eyebrow.

Jiyong chuckled. He missed seeing sohee’s cute expression.

“Why don’t you say anything? Just nod and smile like that!” Jiyong complained and pinched her cheek.

Sohee avoided his eyes.

“N…no….  I’m just…. Not in the mood to talk” she answered.

Jiyong took a deep breath. He didn’t know what to talk since Sohee didn’t really respond him.

“Anyway… I don’t know if this is a right thing to ask, but do you still remember about my will to marry you?” Jiyong asked slowly.

Sohee who was playing her hair suddenly stopped. She looked down.

“What should i say?” Sohee asked her self.

Seeing sohee was just quiet, Jiyong immediately stood up in front of Sohee. He took sohee’s body to his hug. It happened so fast, Sohee didn’t even have a chance to avoid. Jiyong hugged her so tight.

“Don’t ever doubt my love, Sohee… You know i love you so, right?” Jiyong whispered to her ears, wiped her long hair gently.

Sohee closed her eyes, she took a deep breath, and her tears dropped. Then, she slowly ,moved her body and pushed Jiyong away.

“Why?” Jiyong was confused.

“I’m not going to marry you, Oppa…” Sohee tried her best to say those words.

Jiyong was surprised. His eyes were widened.

“What are you talking about?” Jiyong could feel his heart beat so fast.

“Isn’t it clear enough? I won’t marry you” Sohee gave her cold expression.

“Don’t be kidding! Do you wanna fool me? It’s not my birthday!” Jiyong laughed and took Sohee’s hand.

“I’m not kidding!” Sohee took her hand from Jiyong.

“So what are you doing? You said you loved me…” Jiyong started to be emotional.

“That was a lie!” Sohee shouted.

“I might have said that, but i just realized i don’t love you that much. I was just happy to be with you. That’s all!” Sohee lied. She lied to Jiyong and lied to her self.

“I don’t know what happened to you, but  i know something is wrong with you! Tell me! Tell me what! Please explain this!” Jiyong shook sohee’s body. He started crying. While, Sohee was trying so hard not to cry in front of him.

“It’s useless! You won’t even understand!” Sohee shouted.

“I can’t accept this! You should explain why!!!!” Jiyong was furious.

“I have nothing to explain! Just leave me! Forget me as if we never knew! I love someone else…” Sohee pushed Jiyong. She took off the ring from her finger. The ring that Jiyong gave at their anniversary. She took it and threw it down. She ran and started burst into tears.

“I love you, i love you! But explaining all the things to you will not even change anything. I will just let you hate me, Jiyong… Hate me….” Sohee cried while holding her chest. “It really  hurts here…..” she took a deep breath.

While, Jiyong was crying, kneeling. He couldn’t believe what happened just now.

“Tell me you’re lying, Sohee. Please tell me you’re lying…” Jiyong took Sohee's ring. He stood up and kicked all the things around him.

 

The following days, Jiyong tried to call Sohee, but Sohee ignored it. He came to Sohee’s house, but sohee never came out. Jiyong  lost his self.

“So this is what you really want? Just so suddenly go from my life with no reason? Then i will really forget you! I never knew that i’ve been really fooled. I really am a fool. I thought you were different. But you’re just the same with that !” Jiyong shouted so loudly in front of Sohee’s gate. He threw their two couple rings. The two rings with their initials, J&S.

As Jiyong left, Sohee opened the window.Her tears dropped.

“You think i’m a ? Good, just think that way. Hating me is better, Jiiyong…” Sohee smiled to cover her pain.

 

1 week later

Heechul finally gave up. He did what Sohee wanted him to do. They finally got married without any preparation and without anyone knew, except for their close relatives. No invitation, no friends, and no celebration.

Before they got married, Sohee had one more favor to Heechul. She wanted Heechul to take her living abroad.

“Are you sure, Sohee? Isn’t this too much?” Heechul asked.

“That’s okay. It will be better for me to leave Korea. I will have to totally forget my past life, and start everything from the beginning” Sohee answered.

They finally decided to fly to America as soon as the marriage affair is done.

 

At the airport

Heechul and Sohee were walking to board. Sohee walked slowly. Though it’s a hard decision, she still has chosen this.

“Oppa…” Sohee whispered.

“Waeyo?” Heechul asked.

“You don’t tell anyone that we’re gonna go to America, do you?” Sohee asked back.

“Don’t worry… I don’t tell anyone…” Heechul answered. He lied…

 

[Flashback]

1 day before the departure

“Is Mr. Jiyong here? I have a business with him” Heechul asked the receptionist.

“Sorry, he’s away for a meeting” a woman bowed her head.

“Oh… could you please give this to him?” Heechul took something from his bag.

“Of course. And excuse me, who are you, sir?” The woman asked and smiled.

“Tell him Kim Heechul came here. Kamsahamnida” Heechul smiled and bowed. Then he left the place.

Heechul left the office with complicated feeling.

“That’s the only thing i can do for now, Jiyong….” Heechul sighed.

He felt like losing a little burden on his shoulder after leaving something for Jiyong. That was a letter.