I have to choose...

True Love

 

 

Jiyong was waken up by a phone call. That was from Yeeun.

“Hello” Jiyong picked his phone while  yawning. He was still half asleep and half awake.

“Where are you, oppa?” Yeeun asked in a very panic tone.

“At home. Why? Oh my God it’s still 5 am Yeeun. Why  do you call?” Jiyong complained.

“Go to Sohee’s home now!”  Yeeun was in hurry.

“Wait! What happened? She didn’t contact me last night” Jiyong asked confusedly.

“Her Dad passed away! He got an accident last night” Yeeun cried.

“That’s impossible! We were about to meet yesterday…” Jiyong couldn’t believe it. He was surprised.

“Just go now. Sohee needs you!” Yeeun ended the call.

 

Jiyong jumped from his bed and prepared.

“My princess wait for me… I’ll ease your pain…” Jiyong left his house.

 

Sohee’s house

As he walked out from his car, Jiyong could feel a deep sadness inside the house. Everyone wears black.

He walked slowly to the house. There, he saw a girl sitting down, crying so hard. That was his beloved princess, Sohee.

Sohee was there, sitting besides her dad’s coffin.  She cried, covering her face with her hand. She looked so pale and weak.

Jiyong walked towards sohee, and sat besides her.

“Sohee…” he whispered.

Sohee turned his head, looked at Jiyong’s eyes so weakly.

“That’s okay. I’m here…” Jiyong held her hands and wiped her tears.

Sohee couldn’t say anything. She hugged Jiyong and cried even harder.

“I don’t have anyone else now… Eomma left me … Now Appa left me, too. How can i live like this? I don’t want to live anymore. Just take me with you, Appa…..Just take me….” Sohee screamed. She couldn’t manage her tears and emotion.

All the people there could see and feel how sad sohee was. They all cried for Sohee, including Jiyong.

Crying so hard, sohee finally collapsed . Jiyong took her into her bedroom.

“Yeeun, please take care of her. I think she won’t beabe to come to the funeral” Jiyong sighed.

“Okay. I’ll be here with her. You and Heechul oppa go there, okay?” Yeeun sat besides sohee.

People went to the funeral without Sohee and Yeeun.

When that was over, Jiyong and Heechul came back together .Jiyong actually disliked Heechul so much. But at this situation, Jiyong tried to throw away that feeling.

“Were you the one who was with sohee last night?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes…” Heechul just gave a short answer and nodded.

“Thank you very much” Jiyong smiled to Heechul.

“No problem! We’re like family” Heechul answered.

“Anyway, you must be tired. Just go home, Yeeun and i will take care of Sohee tonight” Jiyong walked to Sohee’s room.

“Oh… Yes, i’m leaving. Just call me if anything happens” Heechul walked to the door. He actually still wanted to be besides Sohee. But since Jiyong was there, he didn’t really need to do it.

Something kept bothering his mind. His promise to Sohee’s late Father haunted him.

“I know you two love each other. Now tell me how could i do that?” Heechul sighed and left.

 

At Sohee’s room

Jiyong walked inside. There, he saw sohee was lying on the bed. Yeeun knew that Jiyong and Sohee probably needed time to talk heart to heart, so she left the room.

“Sohee… are you okay?” Jiyong whispered to her ears, kissed her cheek.

Sohee slowly opened her eyes. She was still so weak to move her body.

“It’s just like a dream. A nightmare…” sohee said weakly and sighed.

“Don’t be afraid, honey… You’re such a strong girl, i know” Jiyong smiled and wiped her hair.

“I hope so…” sohee looked at Jiyong’s eyes, hopeless.

“It’s okay to cry and to be sad now, but you’ll have to move on later. You should live happily, your dad wanted it, didn’t he?” Jiyong smiled.

Sohee didn’t answer. She suddenly took her hand from Jiyong.

“Oppa…” sohee looked at Jiyong.

“Yes?” he raised his eyebrow.

“Do we really have to follow people’s wish before they died?” Sohee asked.

“Hmm… I think so. That’s a way to make them happy even though they have left us” JIyong smiled.

Sohe was in her silence. She felt like her heart was stabbed. She has lost her beloved  Father, and she didn’t want to lose her love now.

Then, she kept looking at Jiyong, and her tears dropped.

“What happened? I’ve told you not to be afraid, right? We’ll face this together” Jiyong patted her shoulder.

Sohee wiped her tears and turned her body.

“Oppa, could you please leave me alone? I think i need time just to be alone” sohee whispered.

“Is that okay? I think it’ll be better if you’re surrounded by your close people so….” Before he continued, he was cut by Sohee.

“I’m okay. I want to be alone” sohee just answered shortly.

“And…. Let’s not meet each other for a while” sohee asked.

“For a while? How long it will be?” Jiyong was confused with sohee’s changes all of sudden.

“I don’t know… Just until i feel better…” Sohee pretended to close her eyes and sleep.

“I see… Take care, Sohee. Hope you’ll get better soon..” Jiyong left her room.

As Jiyong walked out and close the door, Sohee opened her eyes and cried.

“You thought i should follow people’s wish before they died? If only you knew, oppa… If only you knew that my dad’s wish was to leave you…..” 

 

2 weeks later

It’s been 2 weeks. Sohee didn’t go out from home at all. She didn’t go to work or meet Jiyong.

She just thought and thought. She didn’t know what to do about her Dad’s favor.

“Live well, marry Heechul… He loves you so much. He has been taking care of us for so long…”

“Please… I took care of you with all my love. Now, That’s the last thing i want before i go…”

Sohee could never forget those words. On the other hand, she has had a dream with Jiyong. She couldn’t just abandon him either.

“I have to choose. I’ve been like this for too long……..” sohee sighed. She left to Heechul’s office.

 

At The office

“Sohee? What are you doing here?” Heechul was surprised.

Sohee smiled a little, and she took a seat. “It’s time talk about it, oppa”.

“What do you mean?” Heechul pretended as if he didn’t know. Heechul of  course knew what she meant.

“About my appa’s favor,… I couldn’t just live my life happily. I tried  to ignore it, but I was haunted by a guilty feeling” Sohee’s voice was really weak. She looked at Heechul’s eyes deeply.

“You know what? Just forget that, Sohee…” Heechul answered.

“How could i?” sohee’s eyes were widened.

“Do you think you’ll be happy after that? I know you don’t love me, Sohee. Do you think you can leave your Jiyong? I know you can’t…” Heechul looked down.

“You’re right… I can’t… We even had a plan to marry…but, ….” Sohee started crying.

“Just forget about that. It’s me who said “yes” to your dad. It’s me who promised to marry you. So if we don’t fulfill it, i’m the one who should be blamed” Heechul was emotional.

Sohee kept thinking and thinking….

“Just go now, forget that” Heechul stood up, he was about to leave the room when suddenly sohee grabbed his hand,

“Let’s just do it, Oppa….” Sohee begged.

Heechul stopped his step. He was  surprised.