I don't have much time left....

True Love

 

New York City, USA.

 

Sohee and Heechul finaly arrived at New York. They headed to the apartment that Heechul has bought.

Heechul opened the door.

“You go first…” He asked Sohee.

Sohee smiled and took a step inside. She looked around the apartment. That was such a luxurious place.

“It’s a very good apartment!” sohee commented.

“Hope you’ll be comfortable living here…” Heechul walked, bringing their luggages inside.

“Of course. Kamsahamnida…” sohee bowed and smiled a bit. Lately, Sohee always gave Heechul her smile. But Heechul could see that was not a sincere smile.

“Sohee, follow  me!” Heechul asked.

Sohee walked behind Heechul and followed him. They entered a big and lovely bedroom. The whole room was so beautifully decorated with all white and soft pink stuffs. Sohee was stunned.

“This  is your room…” heechul broke Sohee’s amazement.

“What? My room?” sohee was surprised. He didn’t get why a wife had her own bedroom.

“Yes. What’s wrong? You dislike this?” Heechul looked around the room.

“n..noo. It’s not like that. I thought we would share a room…” Sohee looked down, tried to avoid the eye contact with Heechul. It’s not that she really wanted to be at the same room with Heechul, she just felt like she had to do it as a wife.

“No we won’t. I’ll have my own. Now take your time to rest. And you can unpack your stuffs…” Heechul patted sohee’s head and left the room.

 

***

 

Day by day passed. They got used to live together. And now, it's been 3 months.

Everything between Sohee and Heechul became so different and awkward since Sohee decided to marry him. Although they were married, they didn’t even share a room. Heechul tried so hard to avoid any physical contact with Sohee. But at last, Heechul still treated Sohee very well.

They actually lived well in America. Heechul worked as a photographer in a popular magazine, while Sohee just stayed at home, she became a housewife. She did all the things that other wives did. She cooked for Heechul, took care of him, except for one thing: sleeping with her husband. This is the thing that disturbed her mind so often. She felt it would be so unfair for Heechul for never getting that, whereas, Heechul never expected that either.

Sohee couldn’t sleep that night. She kept thinking about that.

“Am i really a wife? Why did i become such a bad wife….” Sohee asked her self. She got up and walked out from her own room. She walked toward a room beside her own.

“Should i really do that???” Sohee looked at Heechul who was sleeping in his bedroom.

Sohee walked slowly toward the bed. She sat at the edge and looked at the sleeping Heechul. She lied her self on the bed, besides her husband. Then, she started touching his face. It felt weird. Really weird. She never even did it to other men except Jiyong.

Sohee tried so hard to get closer to Heechul. But the worst part was, every single inch she tried to move closer to Heechul, the only face she saw was…. Jiyong, the man that she has been trying to erase from her mind and heart. But the fact was she couldn’t throw him away from her mind, not even a little part of Jiyong.

Then, her tears dropped. “I can’t….” she whispered and immediately got up from the bed. She was about to stood up when suddenly a hand grabbed her.

“What are you doing here?” Heechul asked.

Sohee didn’t answer, she just looked down and wiped her tears.

“Why did you try to do a very stupid thing, huh?” Heechul hugged her.

Sohee just cried on his shoulder. She has been hiding and pretending to always smile and be happy in front of Heechul.

“I’m just…. i…. i’m trying to love you…” Sohee hardly continued her sentence.

“I want to be happy, the real happiness. You said you loved me… So i thought i have to try to love you, to be a real wife… But….. i don’t know why, i can’t…” Sohee cried harder that Heechuls’ shirt was all got wet by sohee’s tears.

Heechul was speechless. He really wanted Sohee to love him back then. But now, with this condition, he didn’t even have any hope besides Sohee’s happiness.

“You don’t  need to, Sohee… Don’t force your self. Don’t ever do something  stupid like this….” Heechul calmed her.

“Now what should i do? I’ve dragged you to this miserable life… What does this marriage mean, then?”  Sohee spoke out her painful feeling.

“Things sometimes didn’t go as well as you thought it would be…” Heechul sighed.

“Now go back to your room. Calm down your self… We will face everything together… ” Heechul patted her shoulder.

After crying for some moment, Sohee left the room in her weak steps.

Heechul just sat on his bed. He was really hurted to see how Sohee trapped in her deep sadness “Everything is going to be alright very soon, Sohee…” Heechul smiled. His tears dropped at the same time. He has been giving everything he could do for Sohee.

While, Sohee was lying on the bed. But she didn't close her eyes. She couldn't sleep again. Then, she got up. She took something from her cupboard, a picture.

There were two very happy people in the picture. The boy  was about to kiss the girl, and the girl just sticked her tongue and closed her eyes. Yeppp, that was Jiyong and her. Sohee looked at the picture. Then she smiled.

"It's been 3 months. Only 3 months, but felt like 3 years... You know, i never through a night without looking at this sweet photo. How are you today, Jiyong? Will we ever meet again? You now must hate me so much....." sohee hugged that photo so tight, and brought it into her sleep.

 

Seoul, Korea.

“Where is your promise? It’s been 3 months!” Mr. Kwon was angry. He hit the table.

Jiyong just looked down He was scared to see his father’s eyes.

“Just please give me more time…” Jiyong talked slowly, he begged.

“You’ve always said that! We’ve been waiting for 3 months. But you didn’t even bring the girl you said you loved so much. Where is she? Does she even exist?!!!” Mr. Kwon was completely disappointed.He almost slapped Jiyong, but his wife successfully avoided it.

“Calm down, yeobo!” Jiyong’s mother took his hands.

Jiyong didn’t answer. Jiyong has avoided the arranged marriage for 3 months. He kept telling his dad that he has had his own choice. He kept telling his dad to wait and wait. But at last, he never showed his girlfriend. How could he show his girlfriend when she suddenly left and disappeared?

“Fine! If you can’t bring her to us, we will bring our own choice to you!” Mr. Kwon shouted loudly.

“Dad please…. Give me more time. This is the last time! If i break my promise again, i will just agree to your marriage plan!” Jiyong was kneeling  In front of his parents.

Mr. Kwon thought for a second, then he took a deep breath.

“I gave you a week! Only one week! Bring that girl to me or you should follow my plan!” He walked outside the room.

“Jiyong please prove your words this time… Don’t disappoint us…” Jiyong’s mom wiped his face,then she left, following his husband.

Jiyong was clueless what to do. He took a seat and exhaled. Then, he took a letter from his drawer. The letter from Kim Heechul that he received 3 months ago. The letter that surprised him and also made him even more curious about what actually happened to his girl, Sohee.

Jiyong looked at that letter. The letter that he always looked at everyday since three months ago. The letter that gave him a very small hope after feeling so broken because of Sohe.

“Where in the world are you now? I hope  you prove your words, Kim Heechul. I don’t have much time left….”  Jiyong cried. He held the letter so tight.

 

***

 

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. PLEASE KINDLY LEAVE SOME COMMENTS. THANKS ^^