Chapter 7

Kidnapped!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana covered , trying not to make any noise. A hand slipped through the drapes and reached behind the bonsai located next to where she was standing, dug up something hidden under the small pile of dirt inside the pot then retreated from sight. Afterwards, the sound of footsteps were heard again but this time it got further instead. When Sana deemed it safe enough, she got out of her hiding place and observed the shadow at the corner. She saw how the female, judging by the figure shape reflected on the wall, took off something then walked in. Taking a deep breath, Sana decided to follow the mysterious person. However, when she turned around the corner to look at the place where the woman disappeared into, she unexpectedly came to face with a huge portrait instead of a door.

'Strange.' - She scanned her surroundings - 'There must be some sort of secret entrance...'

Her gaze fell on a little piece of wood on the nearby table. She examined carefully and noticed how it seemed to belong to the frame of the picture, given that they had the same pattern. Sana took a closer look and discovered a small gap on one part of the frame.

'A key hole?'

- "What are you doing?"

She almost let out a startled yelp at the sudden interruption. It was Jungkook, standing there with an unreadable expression.

- "I'm going to get something to drink."

He arched an eyebrow at her answer.

- "The dining room is not that way."

- "Well... I didn't know." - Sana feigned a sigh. - "I guess I got lost in this huge place."

Whether Jungkook was convinced or not, he masked it well. Nonetheless, he played along anyway.

- "I'll show you the way then."

She muttered a small 'thank you' then followed him. There was a weird atmosphere between them as neither wanted to initiate a conversation.

'Sana, say something.' - A small voice nagged in the back of her mind. - 'When will you ever have another chance...'

- "Stop it."

She glanced at the guy walking next to her, not quite understanding his command.

- "Biting your lips. It's distracting."

She instantly complied, mentally scolding herself for letting her old habit took over. She tended to do that whenever she was deep in thoughts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter