Chapter 13

Kidnapped!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was moments like these that put Sana's mind at ease. Having finished her last task of the day, which was to take care of the plants on the top floor, Sana decided to linger behind, take a seat on the king size sofa and admire the beautiful scenery. As the ceiling was made of transparent glass, the moon and stars came into full view, twinkling brilliantly on the dark canvas. The sight brought back memories from her childhood, when her parents were still by her side...

 

Suddenly, Sana felt something caressing her face. Turning to that direction, she was surprised to see Jungkook right next to her. Not only then did Sana realized her cheeks was stained by tears and he used his thumb to wipe the droplets away.

 

- "W...what are you..."

 

- "I hate it when people cry." - He stated with a blank expression.

 

- "I see." - She carefully removed his hand, feeling awkward that Jungkook witnessed another of her emotional outburst. - "Well I should get going..."

 

- "Why did you cry?"

 

- "I don't think it's any of your concern." - Sana rigidly stood up. 

 

However, a tug on her wrist prevented her from leaving.

 

- "I asked you a question."

 

- "Doesn't mean I have to answer."

 

Jungkook frowned. As expected, the girl just had to be so damn headstrong. It was a miracle that his temper hadn't gone off in her presence thus far.

 

- "Tell."  - He continued casually. - "Then you can come to this place whenever you want."

 

He knew that she liked it here, if the mesmerized look reflected in her eyes moments ago was of any indication. Sana mulled over the tempting deal. Considering that Seoul was a busy city full of skyscrapers and artificial lights, it would be difficult to find a better spot to watch the night sky. 

 

- "Alright." - She let out a deep sigh and began. - "I was only thinking about the times I shared with my parents. As my mother dreamt of being astronomist, they often took me on stargazing trips. We would enjoy the view while she told me stories about those faraway planets." -  A nostalgic look crossed her features. - "She said that's where angels live and their halos were the reason those stars always shine so brightly."

 

- "Yeah right." - Jungkook scoffed. - "If angels truly exist, humans shouldn't have to suffer that much."

 

- "Hmm, I guess it's a matter of perspective." - Sana continued casually. - "Personally, I think life is just full of challenges to make you grow stronger. Maybe when your mind is strong enough, you'll be able to obtain true happiness."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter