Chapter 16

Kidnapped!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fortunately, the breakfast passed by without any big incident until Taehyung left. However, before Sana could even breathe out a sigh of relief, she was stopped by Jungkook in the hallway. Masked by a blank expression, he grimly told her to follow him to his reading room. No word was exchanged on their way, but Sana could sense that something was bothering him.

 

Once they arrived and both took a seat, Jungkook began.

 

- "So, are you going to tell me or do I need to ask?"

 

Sana averted her eyes. Thousands of thoughts crossed her mind: Did Jungkook find out about what happened yesterday? If yes, then how? Jaehyun told Yerin and her that he wouldn't report them since it was their first offense. Wait, could it be Kim Taehyung...

 

Sana contemplated about how she should answer. She didn't want to tell him more than what he might know and give herself away.

 

- "I'm not sure what you're talking about."

 

Jungkook scowled.

 

- "Don't play coy. I'm not blind. I could see you squirming from across the room during breakfast." - His patience was obviously wearing thin. - "Now talk, or else."

 

Sana sighed.

 

- "...Alright." - He would eventually find out anyway, so she'd rather say it herself. - "Yesterday, I went to the palace. That's why when I saw his Highness at your mansion this morning, I was afraid that I'd be arrested."

 

It wasn't a total lie per se, she simply left out some 'minor' details.

 

Too bad for her, Jungkook caught on with ease.

 

- "You didn't tell the whole truth, did you?" - He moved to stand directly in front of Sana. - "You know, infiltration is a serious crime. You might end up serving jail for years, or worse..." - His fingers lightly caressed her chin and lifted her face up to look at him. - "However, if you tell me who's your accomplice, I'll spare you and punish them instead."

 

Sana tried her best not to flinch. It was moments like these that she was reminded of how dangerous Jungkook really was. His formidable posture, his sharp tone, his cold gaze... Everything indeed belonged a professional interrogator. Even though the threat wasn't direct, it was hard to escape the suffocating pressure fuelled by Jungkook's intimidating presence. 

 

- "You're mistaken." - Sana bravely held her stance. - "There wasn't any accomplice."

 

- "You really expect me to believe that a commoner without any connection like yourself got through the palace's security system alone?" - He snorted. - "Don't be ridiculous. You're fooling no one."

 

- "But it's true." - Sana retorted. Despite her inner fears, she was determined not to drag Yerin into this mess. 

 

- "I'll give you one last chance..."

 

- "I have nothing else to say" - She cut him off. - "If you must, go ahead and report me."

 

The air was thick with tension as they stared intently at each other, neither willing to back down. 

 

- "You're more stubborn than I thought." - Jungkook smirked and closed the gap between them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter