Surprised revelation

The ugly fish seller

"Those were your parents?" Kyuhyun asked with surprised, and hold her hands.

"That was what my halmeoni told me. Both were lost at sea even after a boy tried to save them and the boy got hit by a big fish. They found my parents body the next morning floating near the shore" Sungmin sobbed, remembering what her halmeoni told her.

"I'm so sorry, Min. I wished I could save them, at least one of them" he pulled Sungmin into his arms. "My late father must be the one who told your halmeoni and he got to know that the drowned couple has a daughter, that was why kept reminding me to always keep some fishes for you. It was his way to help you". 

"And I am forever grateful to your late father, who never failed to supply me with fishes at a very low prices. I wouldn't have survived if not for him and you". 

"Maybe he knew that you are the one for me" and he planted a kiss on Sungmin's forehead. Wiping her tears, he added "My family is your family now. And I promise you I will take care of you and make you happy" Kyuhyun looked at her with all the love he could show. 

Later, while they were strolling along the river with intertwined hands, Sungmin asked Kyuhyun "You were badly injured because of the stingray slashing. Was that the reason why you didn't go to the sea anymore and opted to further studies and then sell fish instead?" 

"Yes I was badly injured and the scar was very ugly for years. Omma put herbs every night without fail for so many years so that the scar ugliness lessen".

"Forgive me Kyu, I called you Ugly Fish seller last time when I saw your scar. I didn't know the story behind it" 

"Heyyy it's alright. I was just kidding and was teasing you. At least I felt at ease because you knew about my scar all along. I don't want to keep any secrets between us" 

"Thank you" 

"Hmmm? For...?" 

"For trying to save my parents" 

Kyuhyun stopped walking and pulled her into his arms. If only he could saved them that time, Sungmin would be a happier girl now. But what has happened must be for a reason, and fate has shown it's way for Kyuhyun to take care of his beloved Sungmin. 

Kyuhyun announced to his family over dinner that he has proposed to Sungmin and was accepted, and they both got loud cheers from the whole family. Sungmin became very shy when the ladies crowding around her to see her ring, and coaxed her to tell them how did Kyuhyun proposed to her.  They started talking about the wedding, like what would be a good date, who to invite and this and that. 

"Kyuhyun and Sungmin, I think we shall have your wedding in beginning of summer. How about July the 13th? It's a good day according to my feelings, and the weather shouldn't be too hot or too chilly. How about the rest?" Mrs Cho asked around. 

"I support Hanna unnie" Ryeowook put up her hand. 

"Noona, I have no objections. But we need to check with Kyuhyun and Heechul too whether they can apply leave from their company" Youngwoon voiced up. 

"Hmmm, I think it shouldn't be a problem, but the groom has to say for himself!" Heechul looked at Kyuhyun. 

"13th July is good for me, Omma" Kyuhyun agreed with the date. He always like the number 13. He didn't know why. 

"I'm alright with the date too, unnie" Jungsu supported her sister-in-law. 

"Sungmin dear? Are you agreeable?" Mrs Cho asked Sungmin with tender voice. "You can invite your friends from the village too" Mrs Cho added with a smile. 

"I follow whatever Kyuhyun decide, Omma. 13th July is good for me too" Sungmin said shyly. 

"Jongwoon dear? Ok with you?" Ryeowook asked her husband. 

"I go with the flow!" Jongwoon said smiling. 

"Alright, it's set then. The wedding will be on July the 13th. We shall have it here in this house and we will build a tent to accommodate our guests. Youngwoon and Jongwoon, business to be closed on this date" Mrs Cho announced. 

Much later, Kyuhyun found Sungmin at their verandah, sitting and knitting something.

"Heyy, what are you knitting?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin while sitting next to her. 

"It's a muffler, and it's for you, actually. It's finishing" Sungmin smile sweetly. 

"For me? Wow, I can use it tomorrow to go to work" 

"Ohh but it's not really good, Kyu. You can just wear it whenever you are here" 

"Nope, my future wife handmade it for me. I want to show it off" Kyuhyun said while kissing Sungmin's cheek. 

"Kyu, somebody will see us" Sungmin said shyly. 

"We are getting married. I don't really care who sees us now..." 

"Alright, it's done!! Let me put it on for you" Sungmin stood up and stand in front of Kyuhyun to put it around Kyuhyun's neck. It looked good on Kyuhyun. It contrasted well as the muffler was in dark timber green and Kyuhyun has very fair skin. 

"Hmmm, I smell you in this muffler. I love it" he put his hands around Sungmin's waist and pulled her closer. 

"Kyu...." Sungmin tried to remove Kyuhyun's naughty hands from around her waist but Kyuhyun tightened his hold. 

Kyuhyun hugged her and put his head on her tummy. "Min, can we start a family soon, right after our marriage?" 

 "Why? You will have heavy responsibility feeding more mouths. We can take our time, right?" 

"No, I prefer to start soon. Please?" 

"Alright, but you know, it's all fated. Sometimes we hope to have babies, but if it's not time yet, we will not have it yet" 

"I know, so we must keep trying" 

Sungmin pinched Kyuhyun! So her naughty fiancé was implying that they make love everyday??!! 

"Ouchhh.. Min...... What's wrong with keep trying?" 

"Keep trying what??" suddenly Heechul appeared at the door to the verandah. 

Sungmin hastily moved away from Kyuhyun and tried to beat his arm. Kyuhyun tried to dodge the beatings and laughed. 

"Nothing oppa. Kyuhyun is just being naughty" Sungmin said to Heechul and excused herself, taking her wools and knitting things and went back into the house. 

"KimKyu, can we leave the house slightly early tomorrow morning? We go for breakfast at my friend's cafe" Heechul told his cousin. 

"Ohh ok, how early? And I need to inform Omma and Sungmin not to prepare any breakfast for us" Kyuhyun said. 

"6am. You ok with that?" 

"No problem, hyung. Who is this friend? Do I know him?" 

"No, you didn't know him. He's my ex-colleague from my first job in the city. I went there a few times already"

"Ok then. I'll inform Omma and my wife" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Hahaha, you really can't wait to get married! Already keep hugging Sungmin!" 

"Hyung.... when you are in love, you will know how I feel" 

"I am in love too" 

"Ohhh, how come I didn't know? With which girl? From our office?" 

"That's the big problem. It's not a girl!" 

"What? You mean..?" 

"Shhh... can you lower your voice!!!" 

"Hyung, our family will never agree with you getting hitch with a guy!" 

"I know! I really don't know how to resolve this. It is the guy who owns that cafe. His name is Gunhee" 

"Does he know about your feelings for him?" 

"Yes, and he reciprocate it too. He said he has always liked me since last time" 

"Hyung, maybe you think about it first. You can still go on with this guy for a while, but you really have to think about the future. I'm always here if you want to talk" 

"I know I know. Thank you, KimKyu. Heyyy, congrats on your coming wedding! You and her are really made for each other" Heechul patted Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

"Thanks Hyung"

"Our company has 6 days marriage leave you know. You can use it for your honeymoon!" 

"I intend to use that!" 

They laughed and went indoors. Kyuhyun went to the kitchen to find his Omma and his beloved Sungmin to inform them about his early departure tomorrow and not to prepare breakfast for both Heechul and himself. 

Heechul droved to another area of the city the next morning, and parked his car outside a cosy looking cafe. Since it was early, there were just a couple sitting at the far end of the cafe.

A good looking guy came to Heechul and they hugged. Heechul introduced Kyuhyun to him and they were shown to a table in a quiet corner. 

Before Kyuhyun sit, to his surprise, Heechul turned to Gunhee and kissed him! 

Gunhee was surprised as he didn't expect Heechul to do it in front of his own cousin. 

"He knew about us, don't worry" Heechul told Gunhee. 

"Ohh.." Gunhee smile at Kyuhyun and then turned to Heechul and they kissed again. 

Kyuhyun sat down but was at a lost as didn't know where to look. He knew nobody would see them as they were in a quiet corner, but can they get a room??!! Heavily smooching right infront of him!!! 

He could understand his cousin's feelings but he knew that their family, especially Youngwoon-samchon, would not agree to Heechul's choice of a partner. He himself didn't know how he could help.

He scratched his head and look out the window... 

​​​​