Ugly Fish

The ugly fish seller

Kyuhyun managed to find his cousin Heechul on Monday morning in the office. Heechul has been trying to avoid him by staying away from his desk but he couldn't disappear forever coz their boss surely needed them at one time or another.

"Hyung, let's talk during lunch time. The sooner we settle this, the better" Kyuhyun told his cousin. 

Heechul sighed "It's not that I don't want to face the problem, Kim Kyu. I just don't want to make things worst. Obviously appa needs time to cool down". 

"Actually, after you left, he got chest pain and resting at home now". 

"What? After I left? Is he alright?" Heechul asked, surprised. 

"Still not well, I guess, because your mother called Sungmin to say that there won't be any delivery today, and Sungmin has to cancel all orders. Obviously samchon is still not well to go to the ocean to catch the fish". 

"Ohh" Heechul said sadly. He felt bad for causing his father to be in that state. "Ok, we'll talk during lunch. I meet you at your desk then we can decide where to go".

"Alright hyung" Kyuhyun placed his hand on Heechul's shoulder to comfort him and then walked away to go back to his desk.

Back in the village, Mrs Cho has prepared some ginseng chicken soup for her brother "Youngwoon, eat up, you will feel better".

"Thank you, but I got no appetite, noona".

"Try to eat, else you are making Jungsu worried".

Sighed, Youngwoon picked up the bowl and started scooping the soup and finished it. His sister was right, it made him feel better. "Thanks, noona". 

"Youngwoon, why are you so upset with Chul's decision? I know you are disappointed, but we need to learn to accept his choice of path. Not everyone is like you who can switched path and never looked back". 

Youngwoon sighed again. Yes, he was upset, and yes, he was disappointed when his own son told him what he himself had feared all along. He was hoping against hope that his son would not follow his footstep.

"Noona, I didn't want Chul to go through what I went through last time. Maybe I was lucky because a Jungsu came into my life, and I was able to forget my ex-lover. Before Jungsu came, my life was in a mess. Always hiding my same-gender relationship and dare not even to talk about it. It was very stressful.  That was the phase that I don't want Chul to experience. Why can't he be a normal guy like Kyuhyun?"

"That's only God's way of showing that love knows no boundary. It's human to fall in love, but society only accept normal man-woman relationship. Maybe you just need to warn Chul of these difficulties and that he and his partner need to keep a low profile to uphold family's name. But do accept them, Youngwoon. He's your son afterall". 

From the door, they heard someone's crying. Both Youngwoon and Hanna turned their head to see Jungsu crying while wiping her eyes. Hanna got up and hugged Jungsu and led her to the bed. Youngwoon then hugged her and soothed her back "I'm sorry Jungsu for making you sad and worry. Yes, I will accept our son and his partner. Let's call him to bring Gunhee-ssi and to introduce him to our family officially". 

Jungsu smile and hugged Youngwoon tightly, and nodded her head. Eventhough she don't really agree with her son's choice of partner, she loves her son very much and as a mother, her son's happiness was more important than anything else. 

Back in the city, Heechul went over to Kyuhyun's desk just before lunch time. "Kim Kyu, let's go. I'm hungry. Is it ok with you if we eat Chinese today?" 

"Anything hyung" Kyuhyun packed up and followed Heechul. 

They headed to a Chinese restaurant nearby and got a seat, and ordered their food. 

"Kim Kyu, would you believe it? I got a call from omma! She said everything is fine now, and appa no longer angry, and they want me to introduce Gunhee-nie officially!!! Isit it wonderful? It must have been your mother's wonderful words to him, I think" Heechul beamed happily. He never expected things to go in his favour. 

"Yes! Omma texted me too! So hyung, talk to Gunhee-hyung and bring him over this Saturday!! I'm sure our family will welcome him and accept him" Kyuhyun said with a big smile. Indeed, he was happy that everything has been resolved and it would be a happy ending for them too, eventhough no wedding like himself and Sungmin. 

He planned to announce to the family another news too, that his dearest Sungmin is pregnant with their second child! And that he has submitted his application to register 'Ugly Fish' as their official fish brand. So now it would be a registered trademark for them. He planned to resign from his job soon to handle the business fully and start his online portal as well. 

It was a mixed feeling that Saturday when Heechul came with Gunhee. Gunhee was very nice and brought croissants and cakes, and very friendly and courteous. His behavior melted Youngwoon's and Jungsu's hearts, and they cried while welcoming Gunhee to their family. For the rest of the family,  they accepted Gunhee for the sake of their family's happiness and hugged and welcome Gunhee warmly. 

Kyuhyun made his announcements after lunch, and everybody congratulated them and the ladies hugged Sungmin and fussed around her to rest more so that she wouldn't be too tired. 

The family also endorsed Kyuhyun's 'Ugly Fish' brand though Jongwoon initially objected by saying "but our fishes are not ugly!!". 

"Jongwoon-samchon, it's just a brandname, and didn't mean that our fishes are ugly" Kyuhyun explained which made everybody laughed. He explained that Sungmin used to remember him as the Ugly Fishseller last time before they got to know each other, so he wanted to give a brandname 'Ugly Fish' because it brought back beautiful memories to him. Also, consumers who bought their fishes would remember the name easily and would spread the news that 'Ugly Fish' are actually fresh dishes direct from the fish vessel. 

Youngwoon then announced that he had purchased a bigger vessel to replace their old fishing vessel and it would arrived in a few days time. Jongwoon then suggested to name their new vessel as 'Handsome Fish' so that 'Handsome Fish' team supplies fishes to 'Ugly Fish' team, which made everybody laughed again. 

"I'll be helping Youngwoon-hyung for the catch, and since we are both very handsome, it is very appropriate to name the new vessel as 'Handsome Fish'!!" Jongwoon said proudly, and got a slap at his back by Ryeowook. Everybody laughed out loud, including Youngwoon, who clapped the loudest. Heechul even stood up and clapped to support his father. 

"Samchon.... I'm handsome too...." Kyuhyun whined with mocked unhappy feeling, which send everybody to a laughing state again. It was indeed a happy Saturday for everyone in the family. 

It was a hectic day, 3 months later, with Kyuhyun busy at their family business after receiving pouring orders to deliver fresh fishes to supermarkets and homes. He is now their company's CEO, and other than normal phone orders, Kyuhyun's Web portal has received many orders from individuals as well as small mini markets. He has hired two delivery workers to settle all the deliveries and to collect payments, and he has hired two more workers for his office too, to help him with online orders, invoicing and accounts, and to help Sungmin. 

Sungmin became the company's deputy CEO and head of financials. Kyuhyun wanted her to rest more as she was carrying their second child, so he expanded their office space to build a room, especially for Sungmin. The room has a day-bed so that she could rest and for little Seungie to take a nap whenever he got tired after playing. 

'Ugly Fish' became a well-known brand and the talk of the town. Their fishes were not only fresh, but good quality and were reasonably priced. Kyuhyun became one of the biggest fish distributor in the town and their company's revenue increased tremendously. 

Kyuhyun thank God for his success and forever thankful to Him for bringing Sungmin into his life. Sungmin brought all the joy, happiness and success in his life, and Kyuhyun loves her more and more each day and promised to spend more time with her and their family. 

Heechul and Gunhee now expanded their cafe by opening another branch in their village. Jungsu and Heejin would help him running the cafe in late mornings till afternoon, after helping Youngwoon and Jongwoon with sorting out the fishes every mornings, with packings and which boxes to load on to the trucks to send to Kyuhyun's office. Heechul was very thankful to his mother and sister for rendering their help.

Ryeowook took over handling the rentals of the family-owned units with the help from Hanna, and eventhough everybody was busy, the whole family would always make time to gather in their family home every Saturdays.

Their family became one of the richest family in their village and everyone in their village respected them for their hardwork and their never ending donations and help  to the villagers. 

'Ugly Fish' became a well known brand in their village too especially after getting Kyuhyun's consent, Youngwoon had renamed their family-owned fish stall at their village to 'Ugly Fish'. It was popular not just amongst the villagers, but to tourist too, as now Youngwoon expanded their stall to have tables and chairs and offered fresh fish as delicious sushi dishes to his customers. 

And yes,.... it's all thanks to Kyuhyun's 'Ugly Fish' brandname.