The talk

The ugly fish seller

"So, Sungmin, Youngwoon-samchon meant well. He only required you to work till 3pm. And he will provide training on what you should do for day to day work" Kyuhyun was explaining to Sungmin on his uncle's propose job offer.

"I am ok as long as you allow me to work. And frankly speaking, I rather work than just stayed at home in the city. And since it finished early, I can then cook for our dinner at night" Sungmin said while secretly tried to hold her pain. 

"Great, and don't worry, Jungsu-imu will help you in the morning and I plan to drop by during lunch, so that we can eat together".

"You will get bored eating with me everyday. You should lunch with your colleagues" she said in-between gritting her teeth. 

"Bored with you? Never!" he reached over and kissed Sungmin. "How can I ever get bored with you? Everyday I want you to be next to me" 

Sungmin smile and still tried very hard not to show her pain. She was having cramps again and has been trying to hide it from Kyuhyun. 

But Kyuhyun being Kyuhyun, could see through Sungmin. He sensed that she was holding back some pains. It suddenly dawn on him today's date. Ohhh, her period, Kyuhyun thought. 

"Min, you are having your cramps! Did you took up Jungsu-imu's remedy?" 

"How can you guess? I was trying to hide it from you" 

"How could I not guess if you are gritting your teeth to hold your pain? Wait here" 

"Kyu, wait, I have already boil the herbs, but I haven't drink it yet" 

"Ok I get it for you. Stay there" Kyuhyun instructed her to stay in the room. They were having conversation in her room because Sungmin was lying down when Kyuhyun reached home, and when he found her, he quickly told her about the proposed job that Youngwoon-samchon told him. 

Kyuhyun came back a few minutes later "Here, drink it while it's hot", he blew the herbs to cool it a bit, sat nearer to her and put the bowl closer to . 

"Thank you" 

"Does it happen every month?" 

"No, it was bearable for the past few months. It's just started again today" 

"Min, are you stress about our wedding, that's why your cramps started again? Don't be, our family here will ensure everything will go on smoothly" 

"It's me. I just scared that I am not good enough for you" Sungmin looked down and put the bowl on the side table. 

"Why do you think that? You are everything to me. We will go through everything together, so please don't think that you lack anything and not good enough for me. I love you for what you are" 

Sungmin looked down. She was not sure herself why she felt so inadequate. Maybe her family wasn't around to see her wedding. Maybe she felt that her education level was not up to Kyuhyun's level. She didn't know really, what was causing her to be stress because of these small things. 

"Sometimes I feel that I'm just a village girl, and you are working in the city, and surely there are lots of beautiful girls who are highly educated compared to me. They might look down on you for marrying a village girl like me" 

"Min, look at me" Kyuhyun lifted up her face, "I'm proud of you for who you are. You are independent, you managed to survive on your own, you are business oriented, you find your own money and not even relying on other people. And yes I know your are stress too because of our marriage, maybe you feel that it is scary, but just remember that you are not alone. I am here to go through this with you. Do you trust me?" 

Sungmin nodded her head and smile "Yes, Kyu, I trust you". 

Kyuhyun hugged her. Kyuhyun has been her tower of strength and she did not want to disappoint him. She must have the confidence to go through this with him. 

"Drink more of the herbs, hopefully it soothen your cramps" Kyuhyun took the bowl again and coax her to finish the drink. 

"Remind me to bring some of the raw herbs to the city. I can boil it when I have cramps" Sungmin said after she finished up the whole bowl. 

"Hmmm, alright, but it should lessen or go away totally after you got pregnant" Kyuhyun . 

"Kyu...." Sungmin pushed him shyly. 

"Haha.. alright lie down. I call you when it's time for lunch. I go and help Youngwoon-samchon with sorting out the fishes" Kyuhyun kissed her forehead and helped her to lie down. 

"Thanks, Kyu" 

Kyuhyun squeezed her hands and brought the bowl out to the kitchen. He went out to help his uncle with the fishes. 

"Samchon, I've discussed with Sungmin on the job offer. She was happy and thank you for trusting her to handle the job"

"I trust she can handle it. She is a survivor and she has business sense. You should be proud of her" 

"I am, samchon. It's just that she always look down on herself and thinks that village girl are low class in society. But she didn't see how independent she was all this while when she was living alone". 

"So, that's your job to give her moral support and boost her confidence!" Youngwoon patted Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

"Yes, I will do that!" 

 "Where's Heechul? He didn't come back with you?" 

"He dropped by somewhere, and I came here by bus" 

"Ohh that brat" 

"It's alright samchon, I am thinking of saving some money to get a car too, so I don't have to trouble him" 

"We can get you a car as a wedding present" Youngwoon laughed. Seriously, they have enough money and he himself owe Kyuhyun's father a lot. 

"No, samchon, I want to save the money myself" Kyuhyun chuckled. 

"Or we can sponsor half, just let us know" 

"Alright, thank you, samchon" Kyuhyun honestly thank his uncle as sponsoring half the price of the car was already a great help. He continued "Samchon, can I ask you about something?" 

"Shoot" 

"I have a colleague who is in a situation right now and he asked me for my opinion" 

"Mmmm, what is it?" 

"What do you think of same relationship? As in my male colleague likes another male, but not from our company" 

Youngwoon was surprised, but paused to think for a moment "Well, actually, we can't stop our feelings from falling in love with a person, and it doesn't know whether it's same or not. It's our society who can't accept it" 

"How about family? He was scared that his family couldn't accept it" 

"That will depends on how he approaches his family. I would think it's best to introduce the person to the family and slowly, inform them that they love each other. If the family cares for him, they should be able to accept the situation, but if the family values what society think, well then, your colleague might get disowned by the family". 

"I was thinking in the same line, but I don't know what to advice him. At the moment, he just go with his feelings, and dare not inform his family yet" 

"You must be quite close to him, for him to reveal it to you" 

"Yes, he is, and maybe he finds me trustworthy" 

"Just tell him, best way is to inform his family. They should love him as what he is, and don't think too much of the society". 

"Thanks, samchon" Kyuhyun said. He actually wanted to ask his uncle what if it happened to their own family, what would be his opinion, but well, that can wait. 

They finished up their work, and all the fishes has been nicely packed and ready to send to the market. Kyuhyun helped him to load the carts onto his truck and helped him to look through his orders whether everything was in order. Once done, Youngwoon waved at him and drove off. 

Kyuhyun wondered what would his uncle say if he knew that the colleague that Kyuhyun mentioned was actually his own son. But he shouldn't worry about it now, he should worry about his own wedding which is in 4 weeks time. 

He remembered he and Sungmin were supposed to try their wedding outfit. He smiled and went in to find his mother. 

​​​​​