She is his girlfriend....

The ugly fish seller

"Me???? The person he likes is me all along??" Sungmin was dumbfounded... She was so sure he has a girlfriend and thought that she wouldn't stand a chance!

"Ahhh so he has not confessed yet!! Hmmm that means inviting you and introducing you to us is his first step haha" 

'OMG and he has showed me his caring and love numerous times but stupid me never catch on because of my stupid thinking about that girlfriend of his' Sungmin was cursing and swearing at herself.

Jungsu was concerned when Sungmin stayed silent and thought that Sungmin did not like her nephew. "Dear Sungmin, just take it easy, if you think that you can accept him with all your heart, then do open up your heart for him. He really crazy about you and cares a lot. Everytime my husband came back with fishes in his vessel, Kyuhyun will choose fishes for you first, only then he choose whatever he can sell. After that he will let my husband boxed up the rest to sell to the city. You are always his priority" Jungsu smile at the thought. 

Her cute nephew practically force her husband not to box the fishes first just for his girl. And her dear husband has to listen to him just because the fishing vessel belongs to Kyuhyun's late father.

"Jungsu-imu, I like him too, it's just that I keep thinking that he has a girlfriend, that's why I haven't reciprocate anything. Kyuhyun has been kind, caring, and helpful, and yes I do see his love in his eyes just now. Now that I know, I will open up my heart to accept him. But can you keep it to yourself about this? About how silly I am?" Sungmin said shyly.

"Oh my God Sungmin, you are so cute and sweet at the same time!! Alright, only the two of us will know about this. Anyway the rest of the family already know that he likes you so I hope you will accept us as your family too" Jungsu smile sincerely at her.

"Imu, I am so touch that everyone already accept and treat me like a family. And I feel at ease actually. So yes of course I will accept you all as my family too. I am so happy if eventually I can be part of your family for real"

"Of course you will my dear. And I will ask Kyuhyun to bring you here more often. I think everyone is already fond of you!"

"Noona and Sungmin, there you are! Come, I put Minyoung in her cradle. Let's eat" Ryeowook walked over and took over Minyoung from Jungsu. "And Sungmin dear, I am crazy about your pies!! They are so delicious!!! My husband has to stop me from eating more or else I will finish everything!!" the three of them laughed and got up to help Ryeowook put Minyoung back in her cradle. 

Across the room, Kyuhyun smile to himself when he saw that Sungmin was comfortable talking and laughing with his aunts. He was glad that Sungmin didn't feel awkward, and he was happy that his family members were all fond of her. He must bring her here more often so that she could feel their family bonding and accept them as part of her family. It would be easier when she became his wife in future. 'Oh my God, why am I thinking so far. I haven't even confess to her properly...' Kyuhyun was thinking to himself. 

Kyuhyun has been talking to Heechul about the job offer. He planned to accept the job and to start in a month's time. That will give him a month to settle things here, including confessing to Sungmin.  He got no issue with accommodation because their family owned numerous rented houses in the city, he just need to check with Jongwoon-samchon which house has reached leasing expiry, in which the tenant has to move out, so that he could take over. Jongwoon was the one in-charge of collecting money for all their rental properties, in addition of taking care of their hand-painted umbrella shop. 

Everybody were ushered to eat and to share a toast for baby Minyoung. Ryeowook pulled Sungmin to stand next to Kyuhyun and they all toast for her health and well-being. The food were all delicious and everybody started talking and laughing. They praised Sungmin's pumpkin pie too, and Sungmin said she would bring apple pie next time to let them try. Kyuhyun felt very proud that Sungmin could bake so well and earned endless praises from everyone, especially from his mother. 

When it was time for Sungmin to bid everyone goodbye, the ladies, especially Mrs Cho, kept asking her to drop by their house anytime. Sungmin promised to come by again soon and waved goodbye. Kyuhyun accompanied her home and before long, he noticed that she was shivering. He removed his outer clothing which was quite thick, and covered Sungmin's shoulder. 

Sungmin was surprised and looked up to Kyuhyun "Thank you!" 

"I hope it doesn't smell..." 

"Hmmm... It does..." 

"Oh really??" 

"It smells of you.." 

Kyuhyun looked down at Sungmin with surprised expression and Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun with amusement. And they burst out laughing. 

After their laughter has quietened down, Kyuhyun asked "And you don't mind?" 

"Your smell? No" and Sungmin added shyly "I like it". 

Kyuhyun could now hear his heartbeat getting louder. 'What does it mean? She likes me??' 
He decided to make a bold movement and reached out for Sungmin's hand and hold it! Sungmin looked up at him surprised, but didn't made any attempt to pull back her hand. 

They were walking in silence, side by side, holding hands. Each with their own heartbeat to take care off. 

Kyuhyun decided to break the silence "Min...."

Though surprised that Kyuhyun called her with that nickname, which she liked it by the way, she responded "Hmm?" 

"I like you. A lot" And Kyuhyun stopped and turned to her, who has stopped too because her hand was still being held by Kyuhyun. They were in a deserted part of the village, just before the turn to her home. 

"I like you too, Kyuhyun" Sungmin said shyly, looking down. 

"Really? I'm so happy!!! I thought you might not reciprocate my feelings" 

"To tell you the truth, all along I thought that you already have a girlfriend" 

Surprised, Kyuhyun asked "Why do you think that.." 

"Because you told me that you didn't want to work in the city because there is someone here that you are eyeing for" 

"Hmm, which is true... " 

"So I just jump to conclusion that you already have a girlfriend. And that I didnt have a chance" 

"And you didn't realised that the person I was referring to is actually you..." 

"Yes, stupid of me" 

Slowly, Kyuhyun pulled her into his arms. "I'm glad that you actually like me since then. Be my girlfriend?" and Kyuhyun let her go but still holding her waist. 

"Do you like me so much?" 

"Do you want me to prove it?" Kyuhyun asked with a glint of naughtiness in his eyes. 

"I....." 

And suddenly a soft pair of lips were on hers and she froze. She was never been kissed before. And..... It felt wonderful. Slowly she let herself immense on that soft lips and kissed Kyuhyun back. She didn't know how, but somehow she did. 

When Kyuhyun let her go, they were both breathless but with a glint of happiness. The wind started to feel cold and Sungmin was concerned that Kyuhyun might catch a cold. 

"Let's go back to my house. It's getting colder" 

 "Yes let's go. I didn't realised how cold it is" and he clasped Sungmin's hand in his again. 

Once indoor, Sungmin quickly boiled water and prepare hot tea for Kyuhyun. She has returned back Kyuhyun's coat so that he could stay warm. 

"You haven't answered my question" Kyuhyun looked at her while drinking his tea. 

 "I didn't? Which one?" 

Kyuhyun reached across and took both Sungmin's hands. "Be my girlfriend" 

"Do you need me to say it?" 

"Yes I do" 

"Yes, Kyuhyun, I will be your girlfriend" 

"Kyu" 

"Huh..." 

"Call me Kyu" 

Sungmin smile "I will be your girlfriend, Kyu" 

Kyuhyun reached over and kissed her again. 

"Min, I will be away from tomorrow afternoon until Tuesday. I'm going back with Heechul-hyung to the city to accept the job" 

"You will be working in the city?" 

"Not now, but in a month's time"

Sungmin was quiet. She just found her love and now her love is going away. 

Kyuhyun squeezed Sungmin's hands. "I want to have a stable job so that I can marry you and we can have a comfortable life" 

Sungmin was touched by Kyuhyun's sincerity and how he planned his life to be a responsible head of the household. 

"Kyu, I am not materialistic and I don't look for comfortable life. I am fine even if you stay as a fish seller. So you don't have to work somewhere that you don't like, just because of me" 

"I do like the job, and actually I have been doing it as a part time job for the past one year"

"I see. But once you have started working, you won't be back until the weekends?" 

"Yes. And I will definitely miss you. Min, if you are agreeable, come and live with my family when I am away for work. I don't feel good if you are here alone". 

"Kyu, give me sometime to think about it"

"I'm sorry if I push you with so many decisions" 

"No no, it's fine. It's just that it might be awkward if I stay in your house" 

"Unless we get married?" 

"Kyu..." 

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry. I was just kidding. I really didn't mean to rush things"

"I know you meant well, Kyu, and I'm so touch that you care so much for me. But I think we should take things one at a time. We see how it goes after you got the job? I promise to take care of myself in the meantime" 

Kyuhyun nodded his head. He must keep reminding himself that Sungmin is a very independent person and he needed to trust her. He got up, walked to Sungmin and pulled her into his arms. 

"I see you on Tuesday evening, ok. I will ask Youngwoon-samchon to keep some fishes for you and I will bring them to you on that evening"

"Kyu, I can get them from him..." 

"No... , you stay at home? I will get worried if you travel alone" 

"But I always travel alone" 

"Min..." 

"Ahhh ok, the pros and cons of being somebody's girlfriend" Sungmin smile sweetly at him. She was actually feeling giddy inside that Kyuhyun cared for her and was genuinely worried about her safety. Because of her sweet smile, she earned a kiss on her forehead. 

"Don't smile like that or else I can never leave this place... " Kyuhyun said with a teasing smile and Sungmin playfully punch his chest. Kyuhyun laugh and then added "Min, you looked very beautiful today. And thank you for accepting me and be my girlfriend... " and he kissed her forehead again. 

When Sungmin looked up with all the love that she could show him, Kyuhyun couldn't stop himself from bending down and capture those lips again. 

After a while, they separated and Sungmin rest her head on Kyuhyun's chest. It felt nice, it felt comfortable, and somehow it felt like home. Unwillingly, Sungmin looked up "Kyu, it's getting late, you better go home or else omma would wonder what took you so long". She moved off his chest but stay closed to him. 

Kyuhyun sighed. He really didn't feel like going home, but he should  shouldn't he? "I see you on Tuesday evening ok" he kissed Sungmin's forehead again and bid her goodnight before he changed his mind. 

After Kyuhyun has left for his home, Sungmin suddenly felt lonely. Her home suddenly felt empty and quiet. 

So this was what being in love was all about. The pain and yearning for the other. 

And she missed him already....