Endless teasing

The ugly fish seller

"Heyyy, so you finally make your move!!"

"Samchon!!! What? How did you know?"

"I saw you running after her when I came over to help you to close the stall"

"Ohh, really, you came?  I'm sorry samchon. Actually I just wanted to offer her the umbrella, but she ran so fast, by the time I could catched up with her, we were already halfway to her home, so I decided to walk her home!"

"Wow good for you! It's a start! So you were at her home? " 

"Yeah, but before I left her home, she seemed down. I cannot remember what exactly I said that upset her" 

"Well, you know these maidens, sometimes they are easily upset. Observe her again when you next meet her" 

Kyuhyun looked down. He was drying himself next to a fireplace at his home when his uncle, Kim Youngwoon, walked in just now. Apparently, Youngwoon rushed to Kyuhyun's fish stall to help him close up because of the dark clouds, but he saw that his nephew abandoned the stall to run after the lady that he has been secretly like, since the time his father was still around. 

Kyuhyun remained quiet. He was surprised that Sungmin looked upset towards the end of their conversation. What exactly did he said? 

"Kyu, how about inviting her to our dear baby niece's full month? I'm sure Jongwoon and Ryeowook don't mind. Maybe you said we want to order fish crackers from her for the celebration and she is invited along". 

"Samchon! You are brilliant! But, ermmmm, didn't Jongwoon-samchon said he just want to keep the celebration for his baby only within the Kim and Cho families? I don't think it's appropriate to invite Sungmin".

"You dumbwit, that's why I said order fish crackers from her, and invite her along. We can tell Jongwoon that she's your date but keep it secret because she didn't know yet that she's the one that you are hopelessly in love with". 

"Samchon, don't tease me..."

"Hahaha, I'm sorry but you are cute! And your late father has been talking all the good things about her, and we beginning to know her even before we meet her, and you liking her just showed that your late father will approve your choice!" 

"What if she rejected me? I am not good looking like other men. I even have scars on my chest" 

"Kyuhyun, you ARE good looking! Just like the rest of us. Just that you have pimples, which can be cured if only you listen to your mother to apply herbs on your face before you sleep!" 

"Listen to what?" Kim Hanna appeared from the kitchen. 

"Omma, do you still have those herbs to treat to my face?" 

"Why suddenly my handsome son wants to treat his face?" Kim Hanna asked her brother with amusement. 

"To impress his girl! Hahaha" 

"Samchon...." Kyuhyun felt like throwing the whole fishing net at him.

"Ok ok sorry... Noona, give him the herbs tonight. He is so conscious of his face now..." Youngwoon duck to escape the fishing net from Kyuhyun. Laughing, he walked to his room.  Looking back at Kyuhyun, he shouted "and don't forget to invite her for the celebration!" and he quickly run in to escape the basket that Kyuhyun throw at him. 

"Invite who?" Hanna asked his son. 

"Remember the girl that Appa used to tell us? Samchon said why not order from her fish crackers for baby Minyoung's full month celebration, and invite her along" 

"Ohhh, Sungmin-ssi, right?" 

"Yes. You even remembered her name" 

"I don't know why, but I already like her when your Appa mentioned her. Ahhhh, she's the one that you like! " 

"Omma.... , can you and samchon stopped teasing me..." Kyuhyun whine... 

"I want to meet her Kyu, and yes, Youngwoon's idea is good! We can serve the crackers as side dish. Order from her tomorrow and invite her too!" 

"Invite who?" Kim Ryeowook appeared with her baby. 

"Dear Wook, don't walk so much! Come, let me hold Minyoung" 

"Don't worry unnie, I'm fine. So, who is Kyu inviting? That girl that he is crazy about?" Ryeowook laughed. 

"Imu..... why is everybody keep teasing me..." Kyuhyun whine again.... 

"Oh my God really? You are inviting her? Yes yes I want to meet her I want to meet her!!" 

"Meet who?" Kim Jongwoon walked up to them. 

Kyuhyun facepalm himself and sighed. He would get another teasing for sure. And it's not funny! 

"Dear, guess what? Finally we will be meeting the girl that Kyuhyun like!!!" Ryeowook told her husband, Kim Jongwoon excitedly. 

"Really? Kyu, you finally make your move? Wow!" Jongwoon patted Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

"Yes dear! And Youngwoon oppa and Hanna noona suggested ordering the fish crackers from her and invite her for our baby's full month celebration! Isn't it exciting? I can't wait to meet the lucky girl!!!" 

Kyuhyun didn't wait for his uncle Jongwoon's reply. He left tkem and went into his room and shut the door. He was already feeling hot due to embarrassment because now the whole household's topic will be him and his Sungmin. "My Sungmin", Kyuhyun thought smiling. If only Sungmin knew about his feelings for her.  How would he face her now, he has no idea. He hope that his face would not turn red when he informed her tomorrow that they want to order crackers from her and that she is invited too, to the celebration. Obviously on the celebration day, he would have to fetch her to carry the crackers.

He decided to clear his mind and finished up his work for the Audit office. He sat at his study table and started going through the account books. Kyuhyun worked part-time at the city's government audit office, where his cousin, Kim Heechul was now working. Heechul pester him to accept the offer to work as Heechul knew that Kyuhyun excelled in mathematics, accounting and auditing. Kyuhyun did not accept to work full time, but he didn't mind to offer his services as a part-time officer. Heechul's boss liked Kyuhyun's work because it was very meticulous and accurate. He was still hoping that Kyuhyun would work for him in future. 

It was raining the next day when Kyuhyun closed his fish stall. He quickly walked towards the path to Sungmin's house to escape the upcoming thunderstorm.

He knocked on the door and called her name. After a while, the door opened and a sleepy Sungmin appeared before Kyuhyun. She looked so cute with her dishevelled hair and yawning. 

"Ohhh I'm I'm sorry if I woke you up" Kyuhyun stammered. 

"Ohhh, oh my God, Kyuhyun?? Give me a minute!" and Sungmin closed back the door hurriedly. Kyuhyun felt guilty that he has to disturb Sungmin's sleep, but heyyy it was already afternoon! My princess has to wake up! He thought, with amusement. 

The door opened again and a rather neat version of Sungmin appeared. "I'm sorry, I thought it was my neighbour who sometimes knocked to give me some food. Please, come in" 

"I'm sorry I disturbed your sleep" 

"It's ok, I slept at 3am this morning because frying of the crackers took very long. I miscalculated the quantity when I dried the slice fishes, and ended up having lots of extras. So I have to continue frying them,else they smell. Anyway, let me get you a drink" 

"Just water will do, thank you. Err Sungmin, you were saying you have extras? My family actually wanted to buy 20 packets of crackers for our baby cousin's full month celebration the day after next"

"Really? That means I should have enough for you! But how do I send to your house?" 

"Sungmin, my family wants to invite you also. I will come here to carry the crackers, and walk with you to our house. The celebration is at dusk,, so I will be here an hour before sunset. Will it be ok?" 

"I am invited? But I, I don't know anybody" Sungmin said shyly. She was actually feeling very honoured and happy to be invited by Kyuhyun's family, but at the same time, she didn't want Kyuhyun's girlfriend to misunderstand if she saw them coming together. If Kyuhyun said he chose to stay in this village because of a girl, then that girlfriend should be there too right? Sungmin thought. 

"Actually, my whole family 'know' you because my late father always mentioned you. And they can't wait to meet you in person" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"You are kidding, right?" 

"No, it's really the truth!. You must have made a good impression to my father, that he can't stop talking about you, heehee" 

"Ok then. I accept the invitation, and please convey my thanks. Is this a formal celebration? Must I put on a hanbok or something?" 

"Yes, you can put on a hanbok if you have. Oh yes, I brought a basket of fishes with me. Here" 

"Oh, great so I don't have to get the fishes from you tomorrow and I can stay at home to cut, pounce and dry these fishes, then I can fry some more. You'll be here on Saturday to help me carry the crackers? And let me pay you for these fishes" 

"Yes, I'll be here. So I will be the first person to see you in hanbok" Kyuhyun smile. He can't wait to see Sungmin in hanbok and doll up herself. Maybe his leg would go jelly after seeing how pretty she is. "and you don't have to pay for the fishes, it's my compliment. I better make a move. Else my uncle thought I am missing if he came to the stall". 

"Really? Thank you so much Kyuhyun! Ok then, I will get ready early on Saturday and tie the packs of fish crackers so that they are easier for you to carry. Thanks again for the fishes. Walk safely!"

"Can't wait to see you on Saturday,, Sungmin. Bye" Kyuhyun bowed at her, wave and left. Indeed, he always enjoyed her company. Her face showed every expression she was feeling and that was what made her cuter. 

He has fallen in love with her, that much he knew. But was he good enough for Sungmin? If he accepted the job at the city government audit office, he would have a stable job and income. A good start to impress Sungmin if he plan to settle down with her. But then again, what if Sungmin has somebody else already? Nahh, can't be. 

On the other hand, Sungmin was still pondering Kyuhyun's last words "Can't wait to see you on Saturday". Her heart must have missed a few beats because she suddenly felt breathless. It must be the crackers and the celebrations that Kyuhyun was referring to. How could Kyuhyun couldn't wait to see her, if he already has someone in his heart? Sungmin suddenly felt sad. She has beginning to like Kyuhyun, especially his velvety voice and that he was actually very good looking up close. Nevermind the pimples. But thinking about the lucky girl in Kyuhyun's heart made her feeling depressed. Should she just pass him the fish crackers and said she's not feeling well and rather stayed at home?