The scar

The ugly fish seller

Sungmin could only be discharged about a week later. As it was a Friday, only Youngwoon and Jungsu came to fetch Sungmin. The rest who were waiting at home, made sure that Kyuhyun's room has been cleaned, added some girl's things like powder and comb, bought some new attire for Sungmin and kept her things and her bag that they had brought home earlier from the hospital. Kyuhyun's stuff had been  moved to Heechul's room, and they had cooked some special food to welcome Sungmin.

Sungmin was feeling quite apprehension during the journey. Though she has beginning to love Kyuhyun's family, she was still not sure whether she could get used to staying with a big family. She hope that she would not be a disappointment to them and accept her unconditionally.

And the fire was too sudden. She could have packed more stuff but she was too panicky. She her neckless and pendant which she just put on just now. She thanked God nonetheless, to be able to save this. 

"Sungmin, why are you so quiet? Are you feeling okay?" Jungsu asked her realising that she was just staring outside without talking. 

"Yes Jungsu-imu, I am okay. I was just thinking about the fire. I should have packed more things. I was too panicky and only managed to packed important documents" 

"If you are worrying about your clothes, don't worry, we have some good conditions extra clothings and we also bought some new ones for you. When you are well enough, maybe we can bring you to the marketplace to buy more things. So don't worry, alright? You are part of our family now".

"I really don't know how to thank you and everyone in the family. I am really grateful and very happy that you and family accepted me. Thank you Jungsu-imu" Sungmin said, wiping her tears.

Jungsu hugged her. Sungmin was such a humble girl! No wonder Kyuhyun was so heads over heels in love with her. Though she has lost her parents at an early age, she was brought up well by her grandmother, very independent, polite and respect the elders. She was full of admiration for this girl. 

Once they reached home, everyone welcomed her and ensured that she didn't feel lonely or lost. Mrs Cho dotted on her by making sure that she has enough rest, and Ryeowook even volunteered to change her bandages everyday, despite Sungmin's objection that she could change them herself.

And when Sungmin wanted to help the ladies of the house to cook, she was asked to rest because her arm, hand and leg have not fully recovered. In actual fact, her right hand was still hurting but she endured and hide the pain so that they don't pampered her too much if they knew that she was in pain.

Mrs Cho, however knew that Sungmin was enduring her pain. She could read Sungmin's expression and she decided to boil some herbs to help Sungmin endured her pain, and took out her Chinese medication Ching Wan Hung Burn Ointment to put on the burnt areas.

When Kyuhyun reached home on that Friday evening, Mrs Cho asked him to get Sungmin to drink the herbs, and asked him to put the ointment on Sungmin's hand, arm and leg. He agreed to do it without any questions! 

Sungmin was surprised to see Kyuhyun came into her room with the herbs and the ointment "Hi..." he said to her, smiling. He was so happy to see her and after he got the news that Sungmin has been discharged and was now resting at his home, he immediately left office and rushed home. 

She smiled shyly "Kyu, I thought you will only reach home tomorrow. I'm sorry you have to give up your room for me but thank you very very much!"

"I left office early. No worries about the room. So, now, this is our room! My room and your room" Kyuhyun laughed. "How are you, Sungmin? I missed you" 

"I'm fine" Sungmin said shyly. 

"And...?" 

"And..." 

"Hmmm? Don't you miss me too? '

"Yes I miss you too"

Kyuhyun smiled and kissed her forehead. How he loved seeing her in his home! In his own room! 

Kyuhyun took her injured hand "Omma said this ointment helps. I will remove your bandage ok" 

Sungmin stopped him "Kyu, it's ugly. My hand is ugly" Sungmin said, looking down and tried to pull her hand. But as Kyuhyun did not let go, and she was pulling her hand, she ended up grimacing in pain. 

"I'm sorry I'm sorry" he kissed her hand. "Min, it's ok, I don't care whether your hand is ugly now, what I want is for you to be okay and not suffer so much pain. I remove your bandage, put the ointment and put the bandage back, ok?" 

Sungmin nodded. As her skin were still raw and red, when the bandaged was removed, she felt the wind on her skin and she grimaced in pain again. Kyuhyun put the ointment gently and knowing that it was painful and she was enduring it, he caressed her hand and kissed her palm. 

He did the same for her arm, he put the ointment gently too and then wrapped back with bandages. When it comes to her leg, he asked her to lie down, and he sat on the bed and put her legs on his thigh, and removed the bandage and put the ointment. 

Sungmin was so touched that Kyuhyun did all these gently and with so much care. She loved him, that much she knew. Really really loved him. 

"Thank you, Kyu" 

"You are welcome. Stay here, I washed my hands and then I give you the herbs to drink. Omma prepares it. She said it's good to ease the pain" he got up from the bed and went to the washroom. 

When Kyuhyun opened the lid of the flask, Sungmin could smell the medicated herbs. "Must I drink that??" Sungmin closed her eyes a and looked away. 

"Try a bit, please?  Omma said it will help" Kyuhyun poured some herbs onto the cover of the flask. 
When Sungmin shook her head and kept closing her eyes, Kyuhyun went over to kiss . "Drink this, if you still close your eyes like that, I'm going to keep kissing you" Kyuhyun threatened playfully. 

Sungmin opened her pretty eyes and blinked at him. 'What? He will keep kissing me??' She smiled at him, then giggled. 

"What? You think I dare not keep kissing you?" 

"Kyu, someone will walk in..." 

"Then drink it..." 

"Okay okay.." Sungmin asked for the flask, but Kyuhyun insisted to hold it and brought it to . She sipped it to try, then held her breath and drank it. 

"That's my good wife" Kyuhyun laughed when she gave a 'urggghhh' kind of look because of the herbal taste. She never liked herbs or ginseng or any roots kind of medication because of the smell, but because it was prepared by Omma and served by her boyfriend, she drank it! 

Kyuhyun took a napkin and wipe . He pecked her delicious lips and smile and brought the flask out to the kitchen. Sungmin smiled. Kyuhyun was such a caring person. Even when he was still a fish seller, he was always so caring and polite. How could she branded him as an ugly fish seller, she couldn't even think of a logical explanation! Just because of his scar. And she wondered how did he got that scar... 

When her own scars began to heal better about 4 months later and her consultation doctor certified that they are really healing, only then the ladies in the house allowed her to help in the kitchen. She wanted to start her fish crackers again to earn some income but was met with so many objections. Mrs Cho said Kyuhyun gave her enough money including allowances for Sungmin, so nope, she don't have to sell crackers anymore. But she could always fry some for them to munch! 

So besides the crackers, Sungmin also baked cookies, cakes, cupcakes, muffins and pies to name the least, on weekends because Kyuhyun would be back, and on weekdays, she would help to cook and look after Minyoung. Everybody in the household adored Sungmin, especially the young ones, kept asking her to bake those delicious cookies. 

Kyuhyun loved whatever Sungmin made. He was so proud of her and was very happy that the whole family loved her as well. He couldn't wait to go back home every weekend to see her and to taste whatever she made. 

"I think it is time to bring up the subject of our marriage. But, what if Sungmin scared of my scar across my chest? Will she stay away from me if she saw it? What if she doesn't want to make love with me because of this? Sigh.. should I tell her how did I get this scar? Yes, maybe I should. I don't want any secrets between us... " Kyuhyun was telling himself on the way back to their home one Saturday morning...