"What About The Music?"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

(a/n: angst. grab a tissue. I had family trips and homework to be done. sorry for updating so late.)

 

Sowon pulled her hood on her head. She was ready to leave the school already. She lost all hope in herself and music. Her parents had already enrolled her in business classes. Sowon had class after school. Everyone at glee club but SinB didn't talk to her. SinB stood by her side the entire time and kept questioning her stupid logic. Sowon just kept shrugging. Everyone was upset at Sowon, though. Nobody avoids the amazing gayness of glee club for more than two days. Eunha was at lunch with Yerin and Momo. Sowon just looked on as SinB ranted. It was numb, looking at Eunha. She missed her. 

Her eyes shined, threatning to pour out tears. SinB shook Sowon. Sowon looked at SinB blankly and then looked back at Eunha, longingly. SinB blinked twice. "You want Eunha back? You come to practice tonight!"

"I don't." Sowon looked down at the table. 

"Lie again."

Sowon rolled her eyes. "I just think it's for the best. I can't even afford a relationship."

"Okay, you might be pulling my leg."

"Time and willpower can't be wasted on a person," Sowon huffed. "If your parents want it, it's worth it."

"You're brainwashed right now."

Sowon left the cafeteria. She breathed and saw Youjin smoking a cigarette. She took it out of his lips. He smiled at her. "Future wife, what are you doing?" He grabbed her hands. 

"Smoking is unhealthy. So stop." 

Youjin looked at Sowon and smirked. "You know damn well you don't like this close contact with me." 

Sowon got in his face, looking down at his lips, slightly cringing. She didn't really like this feeling at all, she just wanted to prove a point. Youjin grabbed Sowon's face and kissed her. Their lips were touching. Sowon registered this in her mind and she pulled away. She was shook. Eunha was in the hall, holding hands with Yerin. SinB was closely following them. Sowon looked at their backs sad. Youjin kept his hand underneath Sowon's chin. 

"Future wife. Do you want me to let go?"

"Please. I'm repulsed." Their hands were intertwined though. Sowon wanted to throw up. "I think we do need a plan to get out of this. I don't think I want to kiss you again and...have with you to make a baby."

"I'm not that bad. And you're thinking oh so soon. You sound like our parents," Youjin laughed. "I don't believe in monogamy anyway. I don't believe in marriage, Sowon."

"We need a plan. Really bad."

-------------

Eunha was sweating in the study hall singing along with the chorus to an old trot song. It was another day without Sowon in practice. Sowon's presence made practice a little more easy. Without her at least lookng at Eunha, practice was empty and meaningless. Glee club was meaningless without Sowon. SinB noticed that Eunha was off. She walked towards her, waving the conducter's wand. 

"What are ....okay...I know what's wrong. But Sowon's gone nuts. You got to do this without her. Music isn't going to wait on her." SinB pat her hand on Eunha's shoulder. "Time to face the music. You can do this."

Eunha felt slightly encouraged. She smiled weakly. The music started back up. She nodded her head along and looked at everyone else. It was time to face the music. Without Sowon, Eunha knew it was going to be weird. The leader of the glee club. But the cabinet was managing just fine because they were angry at her. The entire club was. Eunha wasn't even that angry, she was just knowing that life felt meaningless without Sowon being there. 

Facing the music alone, Eunha lifted her voice to match everyone else's pitch, drifting herself further away with the dependence she once had on Sowon. Growing without her musically would be different, but Eunha had to notice: she got here without Sowon holding her hand. Sowon was just there. Sowon was a temporary gem. 

Walking out the building, she walked to the bus stop by herself. It was dark and a little gloomy. It was raining. Eunha had forgotten an umbrella. She looked hard for the bus stop. She ran straight ahead, the bus brushing by her, water drenching her uniform. Eunha cursed under her breath. She reached for her phone and called her parents, but there was no answer. She had to wait another 20 minutes for the bus. Great. 

An umbrella went above her head. Eunha turned her head and saw Sowon humming. Sowon looked at Eunha. They just stood in silence. It was killing Eunha. 2 minutes passed and Eunha just grabbed the umbrella. Sowon looked taken aback, so Eunha let go. Sowon shook her head. Eunha nodded. It was a telepathic conversation going on via facial expression.

Can I hold your hand?

No. Now's not a good time.

Are you okay without me?

Sowon's face was hard to read. Eunha was about to lose her mind. The bus came. Sowon climbed to the back. Eunha stayed at the front of the bus. They got off the same stop. Sowon had escorted her home and made sure Eunha got in safe before walking off. Eunha watched through the window as Sowon managed to keep a hard emotionless face leaving. But as she could see her face less and less, she saw Sowon's shoulder shake. Eunha knew that Sowon was crying. Sowon cared. Eunha felt taste like metal as tears ran down her cheeks. Sowon still cared.