"The More We Try To Get Close, Our Hearts Grow Further"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

SinB was braiding Sowon's hair as they sat outside prepping for the first concert. It was a briThwsk day, so the glee club was in matching blue flight jackets. The songs they settled with was all from Western 90s love ballads. The stage crew (which consisted of: Seungjun, Inseong, Wheein, and Eunha) was painting autumn leaves on a blank wall the school provided from a random junkyard. The school really gave up on the glee club. It made Sowon infuriated with the low budget of 563,000 won. The stage they created was relatively small. The crews, for the final standing ovation, settled to do a rotation. 

Hoshi, a new member of the club, assisted with the light choreography for them to do on the stage. The ticket prices were sort of heavy for a 2 hour show. Everyone's arranged outfits were from uniforms to some costumes that Youngsun had created. Over 20 kids wasn't a very easy job. 

Eunha looked at Sowon from the distance. She looked at her laugh and slap SinB's thigh playfully. Something looked different about Sowon today. It wasn't the makeup she was wearing. She got distracted and accidentally added blue into one of the leaves, gawking at Sowon and SinB. She was slightly captivated by Sowon's slender, tall figure, and glow that complimented her bright grin, but jealous that she was smiling really hard at SinB. 

"What the hell Eunha!" Youjin yelled. He snatched the paintbrush from her. "You messed up the wall! Sowon's totally gonna yell at you for this!"

Sowon was already walking over and Eunha got nervous. She wiped her face and the blue paint smeared on her cheek. "Ugh! What the heck." As if she can't embarass herself anymore. But, this was Sowon! The Sowon who has seen most of Eunha's imperfections and seen her sleep. 

"What's the problem--oh..." Sowon eyed the mistake. "It's cute. Why can't it be a little diverse?"

"The budget and Teacher Kim wants everything to be perfect." Youjin crossed his arms. 

"Teacher Kim wouldn't care," Sowon smiled warmly at Eunha. "You're doing great, sweetie. Alright, we gotta start practicing by 2 so, stop yelling at Eunha." She walked off.

Youjin looked at Eunha. "She really likes you."

Eunha looked at her feet. "I doubt it. She's friendly with SinB." She felt her heartbeat pick up. She was unsure how to feel. 

======+++++======

So Sowon's duet partner was sick. 

"We need someone with a light voice to partner with Sowon!" Hwasa yelled. "ooooh I have a suggestion. How about Eunha?"

Oh god, Eunha thought. She knew the song they were going to sing. It was "Soulmate" by Shinhwa. She blushed as they were rushed to the stage to sing. There was two microphones in the center of the stage. The light was pink. They stepped up together. Sowon looked at Eunha. She held her hand as if knowing Eunha was scared. There was a lot of people in the crowd. Sowon sang the first note as the instrumental started. 

Her eyes never left Eunha. It was as if she was saying telepathically, "look at me, since you're scared". 

Eunha joined in the beautiful upbeat harmony, never letting go of Sowon's hand. Her hand was getting sweaty. Sowon smiled weakly at Eunha. The song was over. The two bowed as the crowd clapped. As soon as they hit backstage, Sowon bolted towards SinB and Youjin and Yuju. Eunha furrowed her brow. Was something wrong? She ran up to Sowon and pulled her arm into a discreet corner. "Is something wrong? You've been acting weird towards me all day!"

"People think I like you and I need to convince them that I don't," Sowon said, looking away. "I'm sorry Eunha."

"...."Eunha bit her lip. "I don't like you either...."

Sowon laughed weakly. "What a relief! So wanna grab something to eat later? Just us two? You know... so I can make up for being a total punk?"

Eunha laughed and hugged Sowon. "Of course." 

Sowon went off again and Eunha looked at her longingly. Unsure of why, she  just kept the feeling to herself for the rest of the night until dinner at least. The rest of the concert was fun but hostile. Everypne walked towards the parking lot, exhausted, sweating and saying bye for the evening and that they'll see each other on Monday. Eunha felt a hand on hers. It tugged her. She was looking into the eyes of Sowon. She looked up to get a better look. 

"Let's go get some food."

================+++++++======

The night was breezy. Sowon gave Eunha her jacket as they ate in a street food tent. They were sharing spicy rice cake. 

"You did great," Sowon said. "I'm so proud of you."

Eunha smiled. "You did amazing as well, Sowon..."

"You're red! Is it too spicy?" Sowon looked super concerned. She poured some water on a napkin and dabbed Eunha's cheeks. It only made the warmth persist. She felt her heartbeat in her feet. Eunha looked down at the food. 

The restaurant was about to close so the two walked out. They went around Seoul city. Sowon held Eunha's hand. Every time Eunha looked up at Sowon, she blushed. Sowon dabbed her cheeks,  frantically saying "we might have to find some medicine for you" every time. The caution that Sowon had for Eunha was bittersweet. On the bus, Eunha leaned on Sowon's shoulder like normal. She heard how her heartbeat was distant, but beating very loud and fast. 

"Why is your heartbeat so fast?" Eunha giggled.

"I think it's cause of the rush of the night." Sowon played with Eunha's hair. "Can I sleep over your place tonight? I don't sleep well after concerts. Plus, my mom and dad aren't home."

"Mines aren't either. They went to Jeju to see some family," Eunha said. "But okay, my room is a bit messy." 

Sowon followed Eunha to her house. It was her first time to her house. Eunha loved Sowon's home a lot, but Sowon has never been around the other parts of the neighborhood. Eunha unlocked the door and let Sowon in. "Welcome." It was a much smaller house than Sowon's. There was a big kitchen though and a slightly big living room with a dining table across the threshold. Eunha beckoned Sowon up the steps with a finger. Sowon ran up stairs behind Eunha. Eunha opened the door to her room and flopped on the bed. 

Sowon looked around and saw pictures of singers and dancers and actresses around the pretty green room. She sat on the bed beside Eunha. 'Got any pajamas for me?" 

Eunha chuckled, sitting up and looking through her drawer. She picked out some cute Dooly the Dinosaur pajamas and threw them to Sowon. "Okay I'll close my eyes while you change." 

Sowon put on the pajamas and looked at her tall figure. The shorts reached just below her bottom and the shirt was tight and it hugged her figure. She winced. "I think you're erted, Eunha."

Eunha laughed, already in Hello Kitty pajamas, sauntering to Sowon. "I am...not."

Sowon lifted Eunha up. "You are! You must have some different clothes."

"I swear I don't."

Their faces were inches away from each other. Eunha closed her eyes. Sowon laughed and threw Eunha on the bed. "ert!"

Eunha pouted. "I'll sleep on the floor..."

"No.." Sowon laid beside Eunha. "Just put a pillow between us." 

Eunha put a pillow to block their bodies from touching. "See I'm not as erted as you thought. I'm not reaching out to you."

"Shut up." 

They laughed and looked at each other tiredly.

"Good night, Eunbi."

"Good night, Sowon."