"Sowon's It Gonna Be?"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

(a/n: I'm somehow still emotionally stable and still writing this book. woweee. I sat on this chapter for a good while before dropping it so please enjoy)

 

Eunha walked to SinB's dorm, bookbag slinging off her shoulders, humming as she heard grasshoppers make sounds. SinB's college had a pretty campus, considering it was an arts school. She looked around the quad for SinB. She tried to text but before that, someone placed their hands over her eyes. "Guess who?" the person tried in a very deep voice. Eunha removed the person's hands with a deadly pry. SinB beamed at Eunha. "Hey." She bowed unconsciously, though knowing SinB for a whole year and some change. SinB bowed apologetically for alarming Eunha. The two walked to a bench. "I was thinking about Sowon." 

"Did you get triggered?" SinB asked, concern ringing in her voice. It had been a good month for Eunha, according to SinB's perspective. But, she saw that Eunha didn't have an emotionless or sad face. it was more of a thoughtful one. 

"Not exactly. It's just that Youjin told me he didn't really like me. He just felt that way because of Sowonnie. And I don't know if this is heartbreak or not. I felt rejected, but at the same time relieved?" 

"And you're telling me this because?" 

"You're close to me," Eunha tried. But she, herself, wasn't quite sure. The look on SinB's face was pure confusion. She didn't want to rush on anything too fast though. And it's not like she stopped loving Sowon, herself. But she wanted to be close with SinB. She wasn't sure how she was feeling. She wanted to date her casually and not invest too much. "Then again, I really don't know." 

"Is that all you wanted to meet up for?" SinB furrowed her brow. "I have things to do, ya know." 

"Well...I am a little hungry." Eunha smiled. 

SinB rolled her eyes. "I mean like I have things to do..and you can't just intrude on my schedule like this, Eunha." 

"I'm sorry." Eunha looked down at her shoes, pouting a little. She looked up discreetly to see that SinB wasn't phased. The taller girl was looking off into the distance with a hardened expression. "Wait...what's wrong?" 

"Nothing." SinB stood. She held out her palm. "You said you were hungry?" 

-----

SinB collapsed onto the bed, sighing heavily. She had just got back from a "date" with Eunha. It was going on 3 o clock. She had an essay due in 3 hours and she only had 4 out of 7 pages done. "I'm over everything right now." She looked around the room. The clock was ticking so loudly, her head began throbbing. Umji walked in and sat on the bed. 

"You look accomplished." 

"I didn't do anything." 

"I finished my work for Professor Heo. I'm surprised you didn't. Didn't you go to the library?" 

"I didn't. I went to hang out with Eunha and forgot about working." 

Umji tsked. She pulled out her laptop and handed it to SinB. "Do your work, right now."

"I don't want to." 

"What happened?" Umji asked. 

SinB folded her hands atop the closed laptop. She contemplated her thoughts and what was going on in her mind. "I guess the thing is...I really want Eunha and I'm getting impatient." 

"Did you tell her? You know she's oblivious to everything." Umji took her laptop back. "And I think you should really go to the library before it closes. You have things to do." 

"I don't want to rush her into anything. She's still a fragile little thi-" 

"Well then tell her when you're ready." 

And with that, Umji stomped out their dorm room before SinB could say a word.

----

Youjin watched as Eunha prepared a meal in her newly built kitchen that he helped with. It was smelling really good. She said it was from a program she was watching on her phone or something. He appreciated her being there for him. But he knew deep down, that she was his only true friend. And he didn't know what he expected from her anymore. 

Her phone buzzed on the desk beside him. 

"Can you answer that for me? I think it's SinB." 

"You two dating yet?" Youjin smiled, unlocking the ringing phone. 

Eunha didn't respond. Youjin heard rain falling down really hard on the phone. And then there was a slight cough and an urgent "hello, Eunha." 

"No...this is Youjin. She's quite busy right now..." Youjin looked up at Eunha who was arranging their plates. "She's almost done, though. You wanted to talk to her?" 

"Not right now then. You're there with her..." the line went dead. Eunha sat the plate before him and sat across from him. He began cutting his steak. 

"What did SinB want?" Eunha gleefully asked, biting into a vegetable. 

"Um...she sounded like she was outside." 

Youjin pointed to the window and they both looked down to see SinB with a hood over her head, holding a bouquet of pink roses, texting someone. 

"Yeah...she is out there..." Eunha looked at Youjin. Then back at the window. 

"Go down there." Youjin gestured towards the door. "Before she goes." He had to do it. He wanted her happy. And he knew he couldn't provide her really anything, but this. He walked towards the door and opened it. "I'll be up here eating. If you don't come back within an hour, I'll lock the door and keep the lights on for you." He smiled. 

Eunha wasn't sure. "But, we were going to talk." 

"Look. She really wants to be with you, so just go." He passed on the torch to SinB. He hoped that she wouldn't mess up with Eunha. "We're best friends, Eunha. There's nothing more than that. I won't be hurt." 

Eunha walked out the door, quickly pecking Youjin on the cheek. "Thank you." 

Eunha ran down the steps to see SinB about to walk off. She ran behind her quickly and pulled her by the raincoat sleeve. SinB gasped and Eunha kissed SinB's lips gently.