"Forever Isn't Forever Without You"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

Eunha walked into the hospital room with roses. Sowon was laying in the bed, with a bag in her hands. Eunha sat the roses down on the nightstand. Sowon smiled weakly. "I only have a few more days to really enjoy the sight of those flowers." Sowon tried to make light of the situation, but Eunha wasn't having it. Sowon sat on the bed, picking with her fingernails. It was something she did when she was sad. Sowon tried to sit up, but she couldn't. The drugs sedated her muscles and limbs. 

"I can't believe you're dying. It's hard to really take in and understand." 

"I can't. Thought it was going to go all well." 

"What are you giving me?" Eunha asked, breathing heavily. She was trying not to cry. 

Sowon gave Eunha the bag. "It's nothing, but I hope you know that I love you and I won't stop." 

Eunha looked in the bag and saw a small teddy bear  holding a heart And a glass bead necklace. Eunha looked at Sowon's wrist to see that the bracelet was matching the necklace very well. Sowon reached for the necklace and told Eunha to turn around. She placed the necklace around Eunha's neck, with a watery smile on her face. She took a look at her first and last love as if she looked at her for the first time. "Now I know, that you're a woman...you are worth more than everything in the world. I wish I could have given you much more than just this. And I wish I could stay on this Earth this much longer...and I'm sorry for causing all of this around you. I know I'm leaving a big scar on your heart...But please, know that I want you to live on. Live your life. You're young. Do what you were made to do." She looked deep into Eunha's eyes. "Do this for me. Do this for me, please. I want you to live your life." 

Eunha was shaking in sadness. "How can I live without you?  I wanted to be with you. I'll love you forever." 

"Jung Eunbi. Live your life. I'm going to be there for you everywhere. I live there...in your heart." 

Sowon kissed Eunha's lips. "This is all I can give you. I can't...provide for you. Take care of your feelings." Sowon grabbed Eunha's shoulders. "Be strong for me." 

Eunha shook her head. "I can't live without you, Sowon. Please don't say things like this. We...we're going to....Please don't die." 

"I'm sorry, Eunha. I can't." Sowon grabbed in pain. She winced and closed her eyes tightly. "Damnit. I've talked for too long...."

Eunha stood from the bed, pressing the help button on the phone. A  nurse rushed in immediately, telling Eunha to leave the room. After that, everything felt like a blur. Doctors came running in. Eunha looked at the calendar on the door as the doctors rushed on their way in. Tomorrow was Sowon's date of death. And she never told everyone that it was that soon. Eunha touched the file on the door folder. She flipped through it to see that her sickness was fatal and that there was nothing that could save her. Eunha gasped and sank to the floor, holding , crying. The things she couldn't tell everyone because Sowon was so selfless. She just wanted everyone to do their best and live on. Eunha took a peek through the door to see the doctors arguing over Sowon. Sowon just sat there, blankly staring at the TV that was still playing that new drama. Eunha walked into the room again. 

"Excuse me." She stopped the doctors from arguing with her simple appearance. "Can I please stay the night with her?" 

"Are you her family?" 

Sowon nodded immediately. "That's my...er...sister." 

"Oh." The doctors looked at each other with hard looks before leaving the room. Eunha sat in the chair, looking at Sowon rest. She traced every detail of Sowon with her eyes. Trying to make sure she remembered everything. Her cheeks that were once full, now sullen. Her fair skin, now sickly pale. Her eyes that were once filled with life, now filled with sadness. Her tall body. Her long hair, that was now falling out. Her first lover dying right there. Sowon reached for Eunha. "Come here...just for tonight..our last time sleeping together." 

Eunha climbed into the bed carefully. She held the taller girl in her arms as she sobbed into her hair. Sowon held Eunha's waist tightly, listening deeply to her heartbeat, knowing that this was the last time. It was the most beautiful sound she ever heard in her life. But, it hurt her the most, knowing that her heart was shaking because of her. Sowon felt weak and her grasp on Eunha weakened. Life was seeping through the bag. Eunha was out of her arms, so quickly. Sowon tried to reach for her, but she felt her eyes close and her body become limp. She tried to call out for Eunha, but couldn't. She was still. It was as if burned whatever was left in her. She finally was able to open her eyes. There was a bright light and flowers everywhere.She was in a yellow dress and barefoot. She heard muffled cries and yelling in the distance. She looked around to see where they were coming from. "EUNHA! DOCTOR WOO!" 

Nobody answered. Sowon walked to see Eunha smiling at her. "Eunha..." She began chasing her through the garden. Eunha happily accepted Sowon's pursuit and fell into the flowers, kissing Sowon's lips. Sowon hovered over Eunha, pinning her hands over head. "What are you doing here?" This wasn't right. Her heart sank. "Go back home. You shouldn't be here..."

Eunha didn't say anything, but smiled. She pulled her wrist and pulled her deeper into the flower meadow. She felt like she was flowing into a river. It was as if she was being pulled into  water. She could breathe through this water though. Eunha was beautiful as ever, glowing, necklace around her neck, eyes closed, drifting alongside Sowon. She  saw Sowon, with a frown on her face. Sowon tried to move away, but Eunha grabbed her and held her tight. "Please stop reaching for me, Eunha." Sowon sighed. Eunha couldn't let go of Sowon. Her eyes were still closed and she was blindly touching Sowon's hands, kissing her forehead and hair. 

"I'm so sorry, Sowon."

Eunha opened her eyes and was crying. Sowon fell deeper to the ocean floor, until it was very dark. When Sowon finally could see again, they were now in Eunha's bedroom. Eunha was holding onto Sowon's clothes. "Tell me this is all a dream. You're not dead...and you're really here." 

"I'm sorry. I wish." 

"It's been too long." 

"Tell me how long..." 

"It's been 6 months." 

Sowon nodded slowly. "Let me go now, Sowon. I can't be sent off properly." 

"I can't." 

"Let me go." 

Eunha wiped her eyes. "Just tell me that you love me one last time and I'll try to let you go." 

"I love you, Jung Eunbi. Promise me, you'll be happy without me. I need you to smile. So I can rest in peace...This is too tumultuous for us both. Please...let me go." 

"I see you everywhere, Sowon." Eunha sniffled. "I just..." 

"Let it go....Breathe with me..." 

They inhaled and exhaled together. Eunha looked at the clock. "I love you too. And I'm sorry." 

"I'm more sorry. You shouldn't have to deal with this. And..." Sowon saw that her hands were fading. "I will always love you." Sowon saw that Eunha was now asleep. She carefully left through the open window and watched Eunha sleep. "That's my girl."