"Navillera"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

(a/n: sorry for the late update. I have a lot of things going on in  life and just went through a little heartbreak but.. it's all good. I'm gonna gift you guys with something major)

Spicy rice cakes were something the entire glee club would get on Friday night practices. Recently, with many mini-concerts, they forgot the big task at hand was to save the glee club. Sowon even forgot, with being so happy until Teacher Kim came around to the topic at the restaurant. "Um, I think we should raise our prices for tickets. And we should hold more concerts."

Sowon snapped for two seconds. She her own hair back into a ponytail and pulled out a notepad out of thin air (well this was what it looked like). "This is going to be difficult. Our semester is tight. I have two more classes this time around. Unless you clear this up with the principal. As well as come up with a song list for us, Teacher Kim. We need more traditional selections."

Wheein sat down her cup. "Let's just do some buskering."

"Buskering? Great idea," Sowon said, writing it down. "We could do some sweet relaxed songs out near Mapo Bridge or something. Or at a park?"

"You're settling for a big score," Teacher Kim said, smiling. "Glee club hasn't set a foot outside before."

"We just gotta set up some Saturday dates and more." Sowon closed the notepad. She looked at everyone. "Music unites us. I hope you don't mind taking a little bit of time off of the rest day to have some more unions with us."

Everyone sang "it's fine" in a little off harmony. Sowon laughed before finishing off her meal. "Maybe we should go outside and sing something."

"We could sing Sogyeokdong!" Momo said. "Prinicpal Seo made it himself." 

Everyone got up and ran towards the door. Settling outside near the parking lot, the entire crowd of nearly 30 kids sang the opening notes together in perfect harmony, while holding hands. Teacher Kim looked very proud amongst the children while singing along. Sowon felt more complete as a leader at that moment, leading the chorus, Eunha was also by her side, clutching her hand tightly. She looked into her eyes. Sowon loved to sing with Eunha more than anything. It was a comforting thing. She wanted to make music with her forever. 

After the song ended, Sowon grabbed Eunha's hand. She pulled her somewhere near the back of a music store. "This place is my safe haven. My parents are never home so. I come here." She opened the back door. Inside was a lot of vinyl records aligned and a lot of dreamcatchers. The music playing was a lo-fi love song by a Western artist. They walked in. It smelled like warm chocolate and cigarettes. Eunha followed Sowon, a little nervous. Sowon chuckled, holding the shorter girl's hand. "This place is very unknown. I love music so much I know where to go." 

"This place is so weird," Eunha stuttered. She clung by Sowon's side. Sowon kissed Eunha's forehead. 

"It's music." Sowon sang in Eunha's ear quietly. 

Chills sent down Eunha's spine. She shivered. Sowon traced her finger down Eunha's back and kissed her cheek. There was no one in the back of the store. Sowon gripped Eunha's hips. She pushed her against a counter full of vinyls. Sowon took a minute to push them back before sitting Eunha on the tabletop before kissing her lips gently. It was a sweet kiss. Eunha looked at Sowon's dilated eyes. Sowon's hands were on either side of Eunha's hips. Eunha held onto Sowon's neck and kissed her back even harder and hungrier. They released, giggling. 

"This is not how I envisioned my first kiss, I thought it would be under the cherry blossoms," Eunha sighed. "But this may be one of those weird fantasies of yours."

"Indeed. I always wanted to sneak back here after a glee practice and steal some lips," Sowon laughed before taking Eunha's waist and leaving the store by her side. "So where do you wanna go next?"

"We just left the group without a word," Eunha said. "I'm a little worried about them."

"It's fine," Sowon assured. "just take my hand and we could go out somewhere and sing or listen to music." 

Eunha furrowed her brow. "Okay...but glee club..." 

"Shh..." 

Sowon and Eunha walked to a college park where a band was performing a song. They stood behind the college students who were smoking and drinking while enjoying the music. Sowon sat on the grass and pat her thighs telling Eunha to sit. Eunha sat and held Sowon's hand. Sowon looked at Eunha's glittering curious eyes as she watched the band. She gazed at her girlfriend lovingly. It was a level of comfort she never experienced when she was with Eunha. It was a feeling she never had before. Eunha looked at Sowon and smiled. "What?"

"You're beautiful." Sowon held Eunha's hand a little tighter. "Promise don't leave my side."

Eunha put her arm around Sowon and kissed her forehead. "Of course not."

A college student walked up to them and had a disgusted look on his face. He crossed his arms and he shook his head. "Off the campus. We don't allow gays here."

Sowon stood up immediately. She looked at Eunha and cleared before, snatching her fingers. "I'm sorry. We will live at once." She pulled Eunha away. She looked sad and disgruntled. "Eunha, we should just hang out at my house. The country is still a little cold."

Eunha frowned. "Sowon."

"Let's just go back home."