"Love Note"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

"Let's break up." 

Sowon was standing at the hospital entrance, IV staggering behind her. She looked exhausted. Eunha was crying. Sowon felt nothing, however, she felt a little moved by the tears. Initially, she wanted the break up to be more harsh and cruel, but she knew Eunha wouldn't handle it. 

"Why?" 

Because I have a week left to live, Sowon wanted to say. But she coldly stood there. People were shuffling around the hospital, trying to get to where they had to be. The sounds of the world drowned out Eunha's sobs. Sowon wanted to reach out to her, but her feet stood firm. "I can't tolerate your face anymore. I lied to myself. Why should I even try to be something that I am not." 

"But, I love you, Sowon." Eunha said. She tried to croak out the lyrics of Soulmate by Shinhwa, but Sowon stopped her. "Please, go. That was all I had to say to you. Let's break up. Take care of your feelings." 

"Sojung-"

"Do it, for me, Eunha. I don't love you anymore." Sowon's eyes and voice were pleading. "Just let it go. Please." 

"We have our concert today...in your honor...I'm singing for you today...I..still love you. I still want to save you...." 

You can't save me. The surgery won't save me. Nothing can. I am already gone, Eunha. "I don't understand why you would try. You're supposed to be saving the glee club. Forget about me. I'll just be another in your memories. You'll find another lover who has life...who will be able to take care of you the way you need to be taken care of." 

"I'm not a little girl anymore, Sojung." 

"I never said you were."

"You're making me seem fragile. Stop." 

"How? Look, just leave. You have school soon." 

"Sojung, it's Saturday." 

"Well get to practicing because I don't want to see you anymore." 

"Why are you being so difficult? You need me, Sowon. You love me. You're just blind and being plain stupid." 

I see everything. I do. I love you so much, but I can't give you what you want from me forever. We have a time limit and I'm ending it here and now. SinB and Youjin already know about this. They know. You don't have to know. You're too precious to me. I love you. Please go. "I...." 

"What, Sowon? How else can you hurt me in one day?" 

"Just do well on your show. And don't think about me that much."

-----

SinB swallowed her tears and faced Youjin. She never thought that she would ever get so close to him.The notorious playboy of the school. Him. Concerned over her best friend's death. He looked like he wanted to cry, but he kept himself strong during the benefit concert. He danced along with s and was very amicable with the audience. But, she never seen him so hurt. And, she knew she couldn't bare to face Eunha. Eunha was crying between performances. People looked more down than usual. The glee club was struggling to keep itself together. 

They made enough money for the surgery. SinB counted with Umji, Yerin, and Yuju. But the money now can found future glee club members. There was also a little extra for food, so everyone planned a dinner at the most expensive restaurant in Seoul. Jihyo tried to keep the spirits up with the fact that graduation was just around the corner and that they are about to eat the most expensive beef in Korea next week, but everyone was just down. Youjin took out a cigarette and lit it. 

"There's no point in trying to do this anymore. I'm going to Seoul University for a stupid major my parents suggested." He coughed. "And all I want to do is smoke and blindly make love to strangers." 

"You're more than just your body, Youjin," Eunha said, sadly. 

"I just...SinB, we gotta tell her," Youjin huffed. "I can sit here and watch her suffer like this. Eunha's too cute and vulnerable. She deserves the truth because Sojung and her are in love." 

"Sowon doesn't want Eunha knowing anything until the time is right, at least." 

"The time is right. This money isn't going to the hospital for the surgery. Tell her where it's going. Tell her the truth. No more lying." 

SinB rolled her shoulders back. She fixed her skirt before sitting beside Eunha. "Now this is going to be the most difficult thing I'll ever have to do." 

"What's wrong? Just make my day worse." 

"See, I can't tell her..." SinB shook her head. She held Eunha's hand, trying to find the right words to say. Youjin looked at her expectantly. She knew that leaving Eunha in the dark without the truth would hurt her more than just not knowing things. "Listen. It's nothing. We won't discuss it." 

"Damnit, SinB. Sowon has one week left to live," Youjin exhaled. Smoke flew into the air and polluted the sadness in the air. He began inhaling the smoke harder and his eyes turned red and he began wildly coughing. "See, what's the point in even living on...I'm graduating." 

Eunha held her head low. She began crying hard. SinB held Eunha in her arms, tightly, rocking her, kissing her hair. Youjin put the cigarette out and stood. He reached into his pocket. He handed it to Eunha. SinB took the paper, instead. She read through it while holding Eunha and began crying too. The words that were written there were more painfully beautiful than anything she had sang or read. 

Eunha looks up at SinB. "What?" 

SinB smiled with tears in her eyes. "Sowon loves you. A lot. And....we have one more visit left at the hospital, so we have to make this one count. And...she wants us to take care of each other, so we won't have to be alone."

"That's not all she wrote on the paper." Youjin took the paper. "She said even if she is dead, she wants you to continue on with your path. She wants you to fly with your wings and take off with your career. But, she also says there is a gift she wants to give you when you come for your last meeting alone."