"Summer Rain"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

Eunha opened her eyes as the sun crawled into her bedroom a little too brightly. She searched for Sowon's body, that she thought was there, but she wasn't there. Her heart shattered she remembered she was still gone. It had been six months since Sowon's death today. Eunha got up, pulled on her normal shorts and t-shirt, and walked outside to see SinB smiling in the rain. She was holding an umbrella. Eunha ran outside as it was raining. SinB wrapped her arm around Eunha. "Aish. I wish you would take care of yourself better," she said. Eunha looked down at her soiled canvas shoes. SinB smirked. "I bet you wonder where I'm taking you." 

"Yes." Eunha nodded slowly. 

"We're going to see everyone and have lunch." 

"I didn't even eat breakfast." Eunha scratched her head. 

"You lost a lot of weight." SinB frowned. "This isn't healthy for you at all. And I'm going to make you eat with us this time. Sowon wouldn't want it this way." Her eyebrows furrowed. "I know it's hard. It's hard on all of us. But, I promised her I would take care of you. And I am doing a pretty ty job at it because you're so stubborn. You don't listen to me and you're pretty dimwitted." 

"What the hell, SinB." Eunha crossed her arms. "I am so sorry that I miss Sowon more than you do." 

"She was my best friend! That was my right hand and she just...left me here and left me with her girlfriend who I fell in love with...." 

"What?" Eunha gasped. 

SinB grabbed Eunha by the hand and walked her to a cafe. The silence was burning between the two. Eunha could not resist SinB though. She wanted to know what was going on. It was early and the cafe never opened yet. They were 10 minutes before opening time. The waiter let them in and sat them at a table. SinB swallowed before attempting to talk. She folded her hands atop the table. "As you know, we've grown very close over the past year. And Sowon and I talked before she died. And I told her how I felt after she told me to take care of you. She talked to us all individually. We were more prepared to let go than you were. We knew everything. But, she wanted everything to be sacred from you. She thought you were too brittle to understand." 

"B...but...what about..." 

"I agreed. But I told her that I liked you. She told me to take care of you. She even encouraged me to try and be with you. She said she wouldn't really trust anyone else with you but me." 

Eunha stirred her coffee and took a sip. "Well... I'm not sure how I feel about us together. I'm still very hurt over Sowon."

SinB nodded. "But of course. Take your time and think about it." 

"Mm." 

That was when everyone showed up. Youjin, Umji, Yerin, and Yuju gave Eunha a giant hug like they usually did and took their seats. Youjin sat beside Eunha. He smiled at her before skimming through the menu. There were things in Youjin that Eunha noticed was very different. He had no affairs with anyone anymore, he started picking up a nasty smoking habit, and he moved out of his parents' house. He actually swore himself off of love. He didn't believe in it after Sowon died. SinB and him started to grow apart as friends though. He quit glee club and SinB didn't like losing members. But they were all graduating. And everything was basically over. Glee club was officially cut from the school since it wasn't academic. The money went to the sports teams. 

Eunha was able to graduate with her friends early and was going to start her singing career very soon. She had agencies knocking down her door, but she was too depressed to sign up for one. Eventually, she should. She knew it would be what Sowon wanted. It was time for Eunha to take charge now. She noticed everyone else was smiling and eating. Eunha took a bite of her french toast and it was very sweet. She smiled for the first time in ages. Thank you, Sowon. Eunha thought to herself. Thank you for giving me love and friendships. I think it's time I can let you go now. 

There was a warm breeze that touched her shoulder as the door opened. The sun was shining and the rain stopped. 

"Thank goodness." Umji wiggled in her seat. "We can go to the park." 

"And mess up my shoes?" SinB shook her head. "Not again. I just bought them online two weeks ago." 

"Oh please." Yuju cocked her head to the side. "You wouldn't wanna disappoint, Eunha. Eunha, don't you wanna go....say yes....SEEE"

SinB sighed. "Fine let's go." 

Everyone got up as Youjin paid the bill. The park was filled with people sitting under trees and reading books. Youjin pulled Eunha aside. "Yo you," he whispered. Eunha blushed wildly at Youjin's sudden approach. It caught her off guard. She looked up at him. He was very tall. He had hung his head low, looking down on her with a wild crooked grin on his lips. "I dunno if you understand what's going on between the world right now. And I know things have been hard on you. But I don't want you to be sad." 

"No one does." Eunha looked down at her shoes again, unsure of what was going on. 

Youjin lifted her chin up. "Let me make you happy." 

Youjin grabbed her waist and kissed her on the lips gently. For such a tall and gruff guy, he actually was a sweet person. But Eunha wasn't sure what to do with his lips on hers. He released her. "Just think about it." 

"Um..." 

"Please." 

"Okay..." 

Eunha had a lot of things to tell the girls (maybe excluding SinB) tonight when they come over for  their usual weekend sleepover.