"No I Don't Like Her, It's A Talent Crush"

Glass Beads and Her Fingertip

After a month, Teacher Kim and Teacher Moon were back in the swing of teaching and managing the glee club that was full of young talented children who were all coincidentally part of the LGBT community. Sowon, their elected glee club president was now naming who was the glee club's cabinet proudly. They celebrated by having tea with honey and doing a mini-showcase that took only a few weeks to prepare. Sowon's team had dedicated a beautiful performance to Moonsun with the song "Dear Future Husband" (but replaced the word Husband with wife instead). 

After the performances, everyone left the building and Sowon looked around for Eunha as usual. Where is she? 

"Eunha! Eunha!" she called. She was confused. She was so used to Eunha leaving with her.

"She's with SinB. She's sleeping over there tonight with Yerin," Hwasa shirped. "Are you ready to admit you like her yet?" 

Sowon was already on her phone texting SinB. 

why did you take eunha away without telling me

"Yo, Sowon!" Hwasa snapped her fingers. "See you're whipped."

"She really likes her," Youjin chucked. He pulled his leather jacket closed to his body. "Want me to take you home and keep you safe?"

Sowon glared at Youjin. "You're a playboy and I'm sorry to tell you I'm not interested in guys."

Youjin chuckled. "I look like a playboy. I'm not one. It's not my fault the team you set me up with kids who have a major crush on me. I'm so normal, normal as day." 

"...."

Youjin and Sowon walked since the buses weren't running anymore for the night. He calmly walked on the outer side of the sidewalk and kept his distance respectively. "So do you like Eunha?"

"....No. Why does everyone keep asking that? She doesn't even ask me." Sowon pulled her hood up. The question has been asked since the second week the two started hanging out more on a constant basis. They eat breakfast together, take the bus together, Sowon was closer to Eunha's parents than her own parents, the two got matching Crocs from Teacher Kim one day. They were just really close friends. It was a senior/junior friendship. Not a relationship. And Sowon had no time for love. 

"You two are super close and you guys look at each other as women," Youjin said. He pulled out a cigarette. 

"I don't look at Eunbi as a woman. I see her as an apprentice. And don't smoke, it ruins your vocals." Sowon plucked the unlit cigarette out of his lips. 

"I don't smoke, damn!" He picked out another cigarette. "I just chew on them. I look cool." 

"And you say you're normal, Youjin." 

"Normal as normal can be. But my fanclub begs to differ."

"I agree with your fanclub."

=======

Sowon laid in her bed playing with the stitching on her blanket. She stared at the ceiling wondering about how to coordinate the concert for glee club. A cool wind came through the window and the scent reminded her of Eunha. She sat up and went to the bathroom and got a glass of water. No way. I don't like her. Sowon climbed into bed and lit a candle. Her phone buzzed under the blanket. 

eunha: im sorry i left so abruptly. sinb insisted we get a move on because her parents were in a rush for us to get home.

SinB's parents usually were lax on SinB coming home a little late. That was a lie. SinB stole Eunha to mess with her. Sowon winced.

oh

Better to make her think she doesn't care.

eunha: i know you're used to me going home with you

it's fine

eunha: u ok?

yea

Sowon rolled to her side and held her pillow while looking at her phone. "Eunbi, what to do with you? You went somewhere without me and rushed off without saying bye. I thought I was someone important to you," she said as if she was there beside her. 

eunha: -__- now im sleepy. i texted you to check on you. plus sinb keeps saying that i like you

????

eunha: ridiculous, right?

A tree branch knocked on the window. "Why can't it be a cheesy movie and she knock on my window with a rock?"

sinb: you like her. dont lie

eunha:u there?

Sowon flipped out of bed and looked outside and looked at her phone. 

i do like her...Sowon stopped typing. No I don't. 

==+======

Saturday morning was a quiet and lonely one. It drove Sowon crazy as she sat on the sofa, contemplating her feelings for Eunha. She wondered if she was awake. Calling her seemed like a foreign idea, but she did it anyway. A few rings and then there was a loud yawn. Sowon's cheeks were warm. "E-e-e-Eunha?"

"Something wrong?"

"No."

"It's early," Eunha yawned in her ear. "Do you need something?"

"I just wanted to talk to you." 

"About?"

"Actually I just wanted to hear your voice...."

Eunha laughed. "Why are you like this? I actually wanted to hear your voice too."

Sowon smiled. "Really?"

"No. I want to get back to my dream." Eunha laughed and it was loud. There was a lot of yelling and a muffled sound. "HEY! DON'T THROW THAT PILLOW AT ME! Sorry, Sowon, I gotta go." A click ended the call. 

Sowon sipped some tea staring outside blankly. She started to hum. Pulling out a notepad from the drawer in the dining room, she wrote down some songs that the teams would perform for the first glee concert of the year. She called Wheein and Hwasa and Jihyo to come over. Jihyo brought lunch and they hung out in the backyard, talking about business. 

"So let's see the songs," Jihyo said excitedly. 

Sowon handed her the notepad. "I know it's probably not too good for this time of the year."

"Um..."Hwasa said, peeking at the note pad. "All of these are love songs."

"You guys can put some things in it as well. These were just my ideas," Sowon said. "It doesn't have to be used if you guys don't like what I chose."

Wheein laughed. "I chose some happy songs, but you chose some really really amorous songs. Do you love someone, perhaps?"

Sowon glared at Wheein. "What? NO!"

"She likes Eunha," Hwasa pointed out. "Why do we keep forgetting this?"

"This is getting out of hand because I don't like her," Sowon huffed. "It's just a talent crush! I think she has a nice voice and she's so talented! I don't get what you guys are talking about when you say I like her! So what we spend a lot of time together and she makes me smile? I don't like her!" Sowon stood up and was so angry. She was trying to convince herself and others she didn't like Eunh. "She's a very amazing girl! I find her different and kind of cute. Do I like her?"

"Yes," they all answered. 

Sowon collapsed onto the grass dramatically.

"Come to your senses. You like her. And it's no use in denying. You liked her from the first time you laid eyes on her. It's getting annoying. Just accept the fact that you like her." Jihyo put a hand on Sowon's head. "You're warm."

Sowon closed her eyes. This was the feeling. This was the thought of Eunha. It made her heart beat a little quicker and made her feel giddy and warm. She thought it wasn't a crush, she thought it was just pure admiration. She breathed in and out through her nose. "I don't like her. It's just a talent crush."

"Lie again," Hwasa threatened.

"I like her and it's more than just a talent crush."