Chpater 2: Kim meets Pie

If tomorrow never comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Weeks passes by*

Each year Kim wear the same shoes just for this journey. Once white they are now rusty brown with dust and the soles are as worn as its own. With each step Kim watch the lace flop in its random pattern, random and predictable at the same time. Kim alter each footfall just a little to watch the effect, anything to not think that its too far away about where Kim heading home, Kim walk this path every night going home. She stop at the sidewalk waiting for the sign to walk accross the other side. When the sign is shown to cross for now, Kim walk straightly with the other busy people to the other side until...

"You!" A lady's voice shouted from her back. Kim didn't manage to look back thinking maybe she's not the one who means that. Still, she walks continously. But then Kim was startle when someone taps at her back. When Kim slowly turn her head around...

"Oh, its you" She was the lady who hysterically cries at the sunset. She start to stare at the lady's face and shes beautiful compare last week. Her eyes were gloomy, not-so brown hair but she looks extremely beautiful, eyebrows perfectly fit, sharp-cute nose, and her pinkishly cute lips.

"You owe me one thing Tom" 
The lady suddenly grabs the handkerchief and she handed to the Tom. Kim took it and she stare back at the lady

"Right, did you-"

*as the light turns to green*

"HEY! Out of the way lovely-stupid lovebirds!" A man angrily shouted from his car, he always pander at them.

"Cant you wait! We're middle of something here!" 
The lady madly respond to the man in the car. 
This petite lady is courageous! 
Kim whisper to herself. 


Kim starts to calm the petite lady. Despite of her looks, Kim thought that she's an innocent and a ladylike manners. But she's wrong. Kim nervously tries to calm the lady but it didnt work. She always counter attack the old man, until she madly went to the old man. Pointing, cursing, teaching manners sort of things like that. 

"Come on.. thats enough lady"
Kim touch her arm trying to avoid some fight. 

"Grrr! I'm not done with you!" The lady point out to the old man after that she walks away going to her car. But then she left something and she's thinking about the Tom. She went back to her tracks and..

"Im sorry about that Sir-"
The lady quickly pull Kim, Kim didnt finish apologizing to the old man, she drag hardly Kim going to her car. She open the door for Kim, without hesitation, Kim went inside. 
The lady quickly start up the engine and drove away. 
Kim wander her eyes at the car. She saw some small windows its for the aircon, a buttons for radio, a small Led Tv screen and its a GPS. 

This girl must be rich 

Driving for a miles, still both of them dont have guts to talk. 
And Kim who starts the conversation..

"So, did you blew your nose?"
I know it may sound like Im joking but Im just trying to cool down her temper. Says Kim.
The lady let out a chuckle and she smile to Kim.

"You idiot, no I didn't do it. Anyhow, I owe you one thing right?"

One thing? Hhmm.. wait... Oh! Right!

"Nah.. its okay for me. By the way, Im Kim"
The car stop at the corner where there is a loud music, dancing wild people, in and out drunk people. And yes, its a Bar.

"I'm Pie, Pie Suchar. Whether you like it or not, let's be friends from now" 
A signature grin appeared at Pie's face. Kim not sure about it, she just met her a moment ago and now they are friends?. Kim is not a social person, and she's just an ordinary person who typically dont want to get drunk. Even Nan wants to hang out with her, still she didn't want to go out, From home to work, work to home thats her schedule. Sometimes Kim spend her time watching the sunset.
Then both of them got out from the car, Kim anxiously look at the sign. And it name "Infinity". 
God, I'm not ready for this
Kim always praying and whispering to herself hoping she'll be okay.
Pie start to drag her but Kim still not decided to go inside.

"Pie, I can't-" Kim said to Pie but Pie cuts her excuse.

"Do you wanna die?" A deathly glare came out from Pie
What kind of girl is she?. I think she's a psychopath.
Should I stick to her? I dont know what and where is this place.
Kim is unsure to go home. She don't know what and where this place, she cant even take a taxi because she dont have money to pay. 
Kim leave a sigh and said.

"Okay, lets go" Pie grin at her and starts to drag her again, from now, Kim let Pie to grip her wrist so that she won't get lost at the crowd. Students both girls and boys are there, people are drunk now dancing wildly, loud music, bar food, peanuts, chips. Jangle of voices. Men and women who look older than they are, slumped on bar, pint glasses, shot glasses, someone crying in corner, smoking, anguish lost in hubbub and din, standing drinkers at the bar, couples in secluded bays, laughing, back slapping, drinking games, another round, pink cheeks, boasting, swearing, threatening, fights, lingering, and kissing at girls. They pass a few tables until they got one. It's a V.I.P and its a couch, Just for the two of them. Pie took a seat first. Kim wander her eyes around and says to herself.

Good Lord, please help me

"Are you gonna stand there all night?" Pie raise her eyebrow, she cross her arms same with her legs.

"Of course not" Kim took her seat but she didn't sit beside Pie, and it made Pie...

"Kim are you an idiot? Sit beside me! Will ya'?" 

Angry again... haist! I should have run in the first place! Stupid me..

Kim scooch slowly and shyly a little closer to Pie, Til' she made it to her side. The waiter put 2 buckets of beer which means, each bucket contains 6 beers. Kim gulp of what she saw tonight, she think she might be dead after this. This is her first time. Pie starts to drink directly from the container. Kim stare shockingly at Pie.

"Come on drink with me Kim"

Kim dont want to disappoint and made her angry again. So she drink a bottle of beer, just like Pie she slowly drink from the container. Kim can taste the hops impart bitterness, and hops are one of the main ingredients components of beer. But Kim didn't mind the bitterness, she closed her eyes, gulping each drop until she continously drink it up. Pie felt elated as she saw Kim who looks so innocent as she drink her beer.

"Hey Kim, take a rest. No need to drank it all" Pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter