Chapter 6: Making out

If tomorrow never comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kimhan, Wake up!. It's 9 a.m already!"
My wonderful dream ended as Nan loudy waking me up while shaking  my body. I glare at her like yesterday knowing that I am so really annoyed to her, you know she's like a living alarm clock. 

"What's the time again?"
I said as I glower at her annoyingly. She hissed at me and get the digital clock on her side. Harshly, Nan show infront of my face what's the time. 

"Look! It's 9:00 a.m!. We need to eat breakfast! Now!"
She said as she jiggles my body, wanting me to move faster.

"Nan, are you in drugs?" 
I said. Then I harshly took the digital clock from her hands and flip out reversely.

"Look at the time it's 6:00 a.m"

"Oh... hehe sorry. Come on let's eat!. I'm hungry!"
Then she drag me out of the bed and makin' me walk fastly going where we headed. Perhaps were going to the dining room where Aunt Yuri left us something for breakfast. Aunt Yuri said to us yesterday that she'll leave before 6, so she left us something in the kitchen. I took my seat beside Nan and we start to eat. Just like the good ol' days, where Nan talks so fast and eats so fast. Don't get me wrong, I also listen to her funny topics, her imagination later and speaking by later, Nan hopes that I will find a chick. Then after the chick topic, we went to dreams.

"Hey Kim, I was dreaming last night that you were getting married to a beautiful lady. I can't describe her face, but I can say she's really gorgeous wearing a wedding dress"
She said then she swallow her food. I can say that she had the hard time to swallow, because it was a bulk of food. I look at her and she is like a goose who's choking up. Her neck is stretching up, hoping it'll go down. Good thing is, she quickly drink water to sent them to her stomach. I wonder if Nan could swallow a whole boiled egg.

"Then?"
But anyway, talking to her is the best, it was like timeless. We didn't know that it's 6:30 already. Time goes fast. Nan's dream is so interesting. Unlike mine, but I'll share to you later on after hers. Then she put some food on and talk again. She's always like this. Eat but not swallow, then talk first, after talking she'll swallow in a time. If you get me. Although, she talks with her food on , I can still understand her.

"I remember that you were waiting for her in the altar and she was gracefully walking slowly with a happy smile on her face, I can tell. People where like seeing an actress, they were taking pictures here and pictures there just to have a memorable little treasure that day. Also me, I took a picture on her using my phone. Thou, I cannot seen her face because there's something on her head that made her cover, but I reassure you again Kim that she's really an angel. Her face is covered with the headdress which is purely white that is why I don't know who's this lady. Maybe I knew her already because I have many friends or maybe I don't know her yet because I'll meet her someday. As I said, she walks and walks until came closer to your side. What it made me so shock that..." 
Nan swallowed first her food and took a sip on her water.

"That-what?"
I said curiously.

"That you are pregnant"
She blurted as she giggle to herself.

"Seriously?" 
I said then face her unbelievably. She continue again.

"Nah, I'm just kidding Kim. I don't know what's next because all I remember is, I saw a man standing in the main door of the church like he was ready going to object your wedding. I'm the only who saw him, surprisingly all the guest haven't notice his presence. It was like he's going to protest but he wasn't thou. He was stooding up like a statue while watching the both of you. Even the preacher says, does anyone will object. But still, he remained silent."

"What is he wearing?"
I said as finish all my food. Finally, I am so done. Perfect timing that Nan is also done with hers. Once again, Nan took a drink on her glass and talk again.

"He's wearing all white too. Too darn white like a crayon. What it made me curiouser is his tallness. His height seemingly like yours Kim, he is tall but have a little masculine body. Like what I said he is a man not a tom. His height is just like yours. What I hated about my dream is, I can't see clearly his face too just like the beautiful bride. As you know because this man, his background is too bright. The sunlight from the outside is too brightful that it can blind my eyes. It was gleaming against me. Curiouser and curiouser, I stood up awkwardly and took a step away from my row. But as I came closer and nearly close to him, my dream ended"
Woah, awesome. Hmm.. but very interesting. I am getting curious at the man, I thought he's going to object but he's not. But what made me curiouser is the bride. I wonder who's that lady. Guess who?. Well, I don't know.

"I want to hear yours too, Kim"
Nan excitedly said. Yes, I want to share mine too Nan but we need to wash the dishes first.

"Later on"
I said then she nod. We collect the empty plates and I am the who wash it in the sink whereas Nan who clean the mess on the table. After cleaning, we went directly to the living room and chit-chatting again. Then I told her about my dream that we went touring around the world. We went to different countries every hour because we have plane. 

"Isn't that awesome?"
I said.

"Yeah, but mine is more awesome and interesting"
She's right. I really wonder who's that lady. I'm just curious.

*****

The sun's light becomes so bright and it can make our skin turn into dark. As you know, it's 12:20 in the afternoon. Nan let me wore her Gray printed shirt, Dark blue trousers which is perfectly fitted for me and a pair of Black shoes which is Converse. As Nan puts on her shade, she handle me this sunglass which I can tell it's still new.

"Wear this Kim"
Without rejection, I put it on easily. I look at her whereas Nan is looking at me too. Staring each other, as seconds pass I found Nan is handsome when she's putting on some shades.

"Nan, for sure girls will hunt you down later"
I honestly said to her. You know she's too handsome. She have a killer smile that girls make them fell inlove. Nan unbelievably shook her head and mockingly laugh at herself. Suddenly, she take out her phone and without my expectation, Nan quickly capture a photo of me. Stolen shot perhaps. Then she show me the photo.

"Dude, I think you're the one who'll be hunted down by those chickas later"
Nan said. I still can't believe that I have this charming face. Even me, I got fall inlove with my face. Nan pull out her phone away from me and..

"Kim, we have to go. Mom text me that she's in the Art room. Apparently, it's room 27"
Does Nan has already been there before?. Or she studied there.
Maybe.

"Yeah, sure"
Quickly, we mount to her motobike and dash off going to a fast food chain. No, later we'll go to school. But Nan said we should buy something for her Mom as if it's our alibi to the guard. Such a wise Tom. Stopping at this food chain, we order fries, burger and a chocolate ice cream sundae just only for Aunt Yuri. 6 minutes later, we finally here at the gate of Rangsit University. The guard hold us a while, asking us what are we doing here. Nan said simply, she said that she'll brought some snacks to her mom because she errand to do it. Suspiciously, the guard didn't believe on us. Wait, can't he see this paper bag I'm holding?. I'm holding some snacks obviously for Aunt Yuri. Without satisfaction, she call Aunt Yuri in the telephone just to make sure. 

"Come on Sir, let us in. That's my mom you're talking to. Hi mom!"
Nan shouted nearly at the guard just to make Aunt Yuri heard us on the other line. I can tell that Nan is already annoyed at the guard. Can't believe this tom had guts. Suddenly, the guard finally set us free. Letting us inside the school campus.

"Thank you for your wonderful time Mr. Guard!"
Nan said as we drive away from the guard. We park under this shady tree and dismount. Student's eyes starts to stare on us. I glance at them whereas they looking at us too.

"You ready Kim?"

"Not really"
I've never been stepped in a school. I've never seen what do look like inside. But sometimes I've always wanted to go to school.

"Let's go"
She said and I just nod at her. Seems like she's so excited.
We walk to the main entrance and went through inside. It is like a jungle in here, cluttered classrooms, noisy chatter, bright displays, obscure tannoy announcements, friends arrive, smiles, grins, teacher enters, hush descends, day begins, literature, and watch world go by. I walk with Nan which she's in my side where we're heading to the Art room. I think she knows. The halls were crowded with people, and the chaos was so perfect, like a movie. Honestly, I've seen beautiful girls here, some of them. Some are nerd wearing with big glasses and chick girls who are very bully. The seniors stand, tall and proud, confidence born of experience.
I can tell that some of these students are wealthy.

"Wait, Kim. Hang on something"
Nan said as she taps my chest and stop near the lockers where there is a group of girls giggling each other. I guess Nan had just started her hunting season.

"Hey girls, may I ask very important? Because me and my bestfriend got lost"
Nan said as she cutely and flirtily smile at them. Actually, there are 3 pretty girls where Nan approach at. Shockingly, the pretty short  blink her eyes many times. She's like having a dreamy face. Meaningly, I can tell that she was distract by daydreaming and fantasizing herself while staring at Nan. Her eyes went big and surprised. With a little distract, her friend elbow her side.

"Ah yes, what is it?" 
Back to reality, she was snapped. She smile awkwardly to Nan and ask again. Well, that was weird. Weird but cute. I can describe it for you, she has a long pointed nose, naughty eyebrows, long black hair which is shiny, cute perfect lips and has a short height. The very good thing is, they have the same height with Nan. Perfect for each other.

"Can you point to us where is the Art room?"
Nan asked like as if she don't know a thing. As you can see, they are blind too.

"Oh, the Art room. Can you see the end of the hallway?"
She said as she point quickly to the further in the end of the hallway. Then Nan nodded and say yes. Again, the girl starts to give her directions.

"All you need is to turn right, then walk 20 steps further and when you see and hear students singing while playing instruments turn left. Walk carefully until you can see-"

"You know what?, just show us the way 'kay?"
Shockingly, Nan suddenly drag carefully and easily the girl. She's very startle and gasp but it made her smile at the same time. I was left so dumbfouded when Nan did that. Is it me? Or she's really a good hunter, very good hunter. I look at the 2 girls beside me and they breach a cute smile. Oh no, I think they're gonna hunt me down too. Cowardly, I smile to them but a shy smile. As we can see that they left us, the 3 of us in here, we quickly follow them. Nan and the pretty girl is little far ahead than us, whereas we're tailing at them like a dog's tail. Walking with them silently, makes them think that I am not like Nan. They might think at first that I am a flirty tom too but I am not. I walk very silent with these footsteps of mine. But now it wasn't that usual silent thou, because they ask me what's my name and where came from.

"I'm Kim"
And I told them that I live somewhere in Bangkok. No, I didn't told them my exact address because they'll mock me for sure. Look, I might be a liar this once but I really need it. You know they are rich kids. 

"I can't believe you brought the president's daughter in our school"
The other girl uttered frankly on my side. A girl who's flipping the pages on her book. Describing by her appearance, she's like a nerd. She is wearing some kind of big reading glasses with her hair is quite little messy even thou she's wearing a headband. Her hair is still escaping like fireworks popping out going somewhere in every direction. It looks like they brought a wizard here too.

"That's Kate. The bookworm girl in our group. And my name is Julie"
She said as she reach out for a handshake. I took her hand and state her name again. Julie, her name. Do I have to describe it for you?, I think I will. Well, Julie has a pair of black eyes, chaped pinkish lips, pointed long nose, perfect eyebrows like never trimmed, and has a short hair but it made it ponytail. She's wearing jeans with V-neck white shirt and a pair of dolly shoes. Very simple. I can tell you that Julie is very simple girl but she's cute thou. As you can see, Kate is simple too but in a nerd way. So, Julie is the simple girl, Kate is the bookworm girl or the silent one, and who's the other one?. Perhaps, the other girl is extraordinary. The one where Nan kidnapped her earlier.

"If you're wondering what's the name of our leader-"

"Wait, that's your leader?"
I said as I point to them.

"Yes, that's our leader but she has a good heart. Her name is Maica"

"Oh, okay"
Slowly, I took a glance at them, and out of the blue, Nan suddenly crept out her hand to reach the girl's shoulder. Woah, this girl is very catchy. I wonder if she doesn't have boyfriend. I know she's easy to get. I meant it, she's very pretty too. Walking and while talking, now I realized what school's like. One word I can describe, Fun. Then they shared about their life in here. Head down, dodging bullies, taunts, jabs, jibes, avoid eye contact, move in hurried scurry, shoulders hunched, stomach lurches, geek, four eyes, smelly, desperate to be inconspicuous, perch at table, wait, another day, another ordeal, six hours will drag by, tick tock, tick tock. Honestly, I am so wrong about earlier, for calling them wealthy kids. Truth is, they are from Nann province which they are chosen of scholarship. Just Julie and Kate except for Maica. They said Maica is a spoiled-rich girl.

"Honestly, we have a dormitory and free allowance"
Julie added. Suddenly, we saw a couple that is making out on the left side of the hall. I look at them just for a seconds, but I am startled when Julie poke my shoulder.

"Psst. Don't look at them P'Kim"
Julie said. Quickly, I look away and continue walking. I never even had the guts to look back, maybe they'll seen me. Quizzically, I asked why do students like them making out in here. Really?, does students in here are so lustful?. Or they just can't resist?.

"P'Kim, they are Seniors here. They only thought of themselves that they have the power, the leader, and the models"

"Why?, are you Seniors or not like them?"

"Yes, we are Seniors too. But unlike the ones you've saw earlier"
Kate uttered on my side.

"Yes, I can see that"
I said to them. Kate said that they were unlike the other Seniors, perhaps it means that they are good students. Then Julie said, that some of Senior students are really bad. They do bully lower grades, cut-class, very noisy in hallways, shouting even they have class and fight back against teachers. And they told me about last time, where this big bully met Teacher Yuri, he mocks Teacher Yuri saying she's a Witch doctor. Well, If I were Aunt Yuri, I'd probably kick his together with my students. 

"Hey Julie!"
We turn our head in the back. And it was a teenage boy with tall height, appealing face and neat looking who called Julie. Hurriedly, he approach at Julie's spot.

"Hey, Drew. What's the matter?"
What I like about Julie is her smile. You know her smile like it can shine this hallway more brightly than a light?. Perhaps, she's a sunshine.

"Well, I'm here to give you this"
Abruptly, the teenage boy handle her a piece of bondpaper which there is an amazing drawing. Surprisingly, it was a beautiful pencil carving lines formed into a face of Julie. I glance again at the the drawing while Julie and Kate were officially slack-jawed of what Drew perfectly done by his own hands. His drawing skills must be very fantastic, I can tell. Barely, I didn't saw any mistakes. I mean literally, Julie's face in the bondpaper is pefectly perfect. It was perfect matched. No mistakes either. Now that's what we call Magic.

"Wow, I can't believe you can draw my ugly face Drew"
Julie said as she laugh cutely. She look at Drew with radiant face that I can tell that these two aren't ordinary people. Something smells fishy. Or did I smell something a rose. Yes, I did. I can tell that they are a couple.

"But hey, thank you for this"
Julie uttered.

"You're welcome my princess. Anyway, I have to go. See ya"
Told ya' they were a couple. Shyly, Drew breach a smile then finally walk away. So, this is what teenage love looks like. Every move trying to make it feel right even they're very shy. Well, I guess teenage love is great. Suddenly, about ten foosteps farther we heard students singing opposite them the cliquey jocks, and between them, the parade of band geeks with their huge instrument cases.

"We're almost there"
Julie uttered as she smile cutely to me. I took a glance at Nan and I think they are finally also first. We walk fastly, hopping and tersing until were on their spot.

"Finally, you're here"
Nan said then she thank the girl name Maica. I'm not sure about their status for now because they seem to be close. They look like they new each other before. Well, what can I say, Nan is very friendly tom. But at the same time, a very flirty tom. I can't believe this tom had the guts to flirt with teenager. Back to reality, they say goodbye to us. They said they have something to do for later. 

"Thank you again. Bye bye"
I said to Julie and Kate. Whereas, Nan and Maica where exchanging numbers also. Mission accomplished Nan. Anyway, I had the good time talking with them. I can't believe that they talked that much. Once again, me and Nan watch their backs. Surprisingly, the girl name Maica is giggling and can't stop smiling. Seems like she felt some butterflies on her stomach. 

"So, what's her name?"
I asked Nan as if I don't knew her.

"Maica"
Nan uttered as their presence disappear on our sight. I look at her dreamy face and said.

"Well, cute name. Just like yours"
I wonder what crush or like someone felt like. Actually, I felt that before when I was a kid. Because this lost picture I've found captured my eyes. She's very cute too.

"Let's go"
Nan open the door slowly and there we saw Aunt Yuri with her students doing something. I don't know what's their activity because seeing them is so messy. 

"Hello my little angels. I'm glad you're here"
Aunt Yuri said and she smile to us. I can't believe Aunt Yuri called us "little angels". Obviously?, are we still little to called that?. But it's cute thou. Shockingly, her students draw their eyes on us. Oh God, they are all so pretty, beautiful and gorgeous. Damn, I think we're in heaven already.

"Hey mom"
Nan said as she quickly went to Aunt Yuri. Nan gave a peck on her mother's cheek and out of the blue, Aunt Yuri's student tease Nan. 

"Ohh, can I have a kiss too? Eeii!"
They giggled. Poking shoulders, teasing and can't stop smiling. As for myself I left here near the door stooding up while watching at them. Can I call myself a dumb? Or maybe a dummy?. 

"Oi, Kim. Get your in here"
Shyly, I pace myself to their spot. Slowly, I gave the snacks to Aunt Yuri. She open the paper bag that contains food and then said to her students. 

"Break time ladies. You should go to cafeteria. Be back quickly after 10 minutes"
Surprisingly, students felt so relieve. They were alive and kicking when they heard the break time. Perhaps, break time is their favourite subject. Well, don't get me wrong, because if I were a student before I'd probably count recess time as my favourite subject. Hurriedly, they get some money from their bags and ready to dash off.

"And you two, do you want to join with my students?"
Aunt Yuri asked me and Nan. I look at Aunt Yuri and I am about to say that I will not. But Nan quickly cut my words. She's always annoyingly interrupts me when I'm about to say a word.

"Of course we are! Come on Kim"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter