Chapter 16: Girlfriend

If tomorrow never comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I open my eyes, slowly and reluctantly blinking. I am now in a bed filled with red roses. Carefully, I woke myself and sit. Without a warning, a body which it hugs my back. She climb and hugs me at my back. 

"Kimhan!. I miss you!"
She yelled and scream at me.

"Oh!. It's you, Pie!"
Then I face her and choose to embrace my little cute dinosaur. I embrace her so close and tight like I don't want to let go off this little dinosaur. I hug her tight whereas she always giggle at herself.

"Don't you have work today?"
I asked as the moment I smile to her. She shook her head and scooch closer to me.

"No. I cancelled all meetings"

"You shouldn't do that, Pie. It's your parent's bussiness"

"But I miss you"
Then Pie pouted her lips. Honestly, even thou she's messy, she is still the most cutest person I've ever met. 

"Okay-okay. I understand. Anyway, let's eat!"
I start to jolt up and she quickly climb at my back. I tried not to carry her however she quickly stick her legs to me. 

"You're so light, Pie"
And yes, I carry her while walking going down to the kitchen.

"Because I'm so petite, Kimhan. That's why I want to eat more with you"

"Yes. Let's eat, Pie"
I uttered.

"Kimhan"
Somehow I heard another voice. I open my eyes quickly and I see Anne who's staring at me.

"Huh?"
Shortly, I said.

"Are you awake?"

"Uhm. Yeah. Goodmorning by the way"
That was a dream?. I dreamed about Pie. It really means that I miss her. Does she miss me too?. I rose up from the bed, wandering my eyes around. Hmm, Anne's bedroom. We went to kitchen whereas I cook for breakfast. As usual, I cook Pie's favourite. Sunny side up egg. Ham and sandwich with black coffee. 

"Girls, breakfast time"
Then Anne called her battalion. I took my seat beside Anne and wait for the other girls. While waiting, I asked Anne of how did I got here.

"You're so drunk last night, Kim. You were sleeping at my car after we spent our night in the park. So, I decided you to take home since you are now my girlfriend too"
What?. What did she say?. Girlfriend?. Wait, what?. When and how?. I'm so totally confused.

"Girlfr-"
I was about to ask Anne for some reason I don't know and I don't remember about last night. I don't know what we're talking about when we are at the bar. But suddenly, Jen inserted on us.

"Goodmorning, Kim"
She cuts my word. I glance at them and smile warmly.

"Oh... Hey. Goodmorning too"
They took their seats and say.

"Itadaikimasu!"
Then they praise their hands and bow to the food. 

"Itadai- what?"
I uttered. 

"Itadaikimasu means let's eat. It's a japanese word, Kim. It also means we are grateful that we have blessings"

"Oh. Itadaikimasu then"
Silently, we eat. Like no one is talking. Hmm, table manners or ettiquete I guess. But seriously, I think about what Anne had said to me. I took a glance at her and she is serious at eating. Haist. Maybe I should ask her later. Yes, later after this.

*****

"Anne, about earlier. You said that I am your girlfriend. Did I court you last night?"
We are now in Anne's room where the other girls watching tv at the living room. We finished all chores by the way. And seriously, they are laziest person I have met. Pie is lazy, Nan is lazy but they are most lazy among of my idiot friends. I sit at the bed where Anne is resting and laying.

"No. It's actually a plan that you made also an oath"

"What?"
She sigh at herself and sit up. She scooch closer to me.

"Don't tell me that you forgot"
Then she poke my head.

"Look, Anne. I really don't remember what you're talking, what our talking last night. Can you tell me?"
I look at her and she face me so close.

"It's my plan to make you happy or being a good girlfriend to you. Don't worry, Kimmie. You can trust me since Pie isn't around. Let me be the replacement of her"
Facepalm. I cover my face with my palm and let out a sigh. I mess my hair and reply.

"It's okay. I'm okay, Anne"

"Oh come on. I'm single by the way. I'm a good person, Kimmie. I can be your wife. You can live with me"

"And yeah?, you're my wife then Jen, Ping and Lin our kids"
Sounds fun.

"No. They are not. Actually, they'll be heading back tomorrow to China"

"Even"
I shortly replied.

"I know how to cook"

"Really?"
I said.

"Well, I'm self-taught"
Haist. 

"Okay-okay. But!"
I paused. I look at her with my serious face and it made her happy. Then I continue.

"We need to break up until Pie will come home. Literally mean, I'll be going back to my owner, Pie Suchar" 
I told her my opinion. She look up to me and pout her lips.

"Okay. We'll wait for her then. By the way, don't you have work later, babe?"
What?.

"Babe?"
I uttered.

"It's our name call. Don't you like it, babe?"
Swiftly, she climb and straddle at my lap. She face me, lightly hugs my nape. I start to interlock my arms, supporting her back for just incase she might fall. 

"Oh. We shouldn't. I feel shy, Anne"
I voice out and she parted away. She held my nape while her fingers play my hair.

"It's up to you, Kimmie"
She said. I look at to her closely and ask.

"No wonder why you are so sweet to me. Where's Tao?"
Have you guys remember Tao?. The one she uttered when Anne got drunk?.

"Nah, we're done"
With out a sudden movement, she give a peck on my nose. She kiss it and I'm so shock. I face at her and smile shyly.

"You shouldn't do that"
I spoke with a tone of annoyed and shy. 

"What?. It's just a role as a girlfriend?. I need to be sweet to you"

"Yes. I get that but don't do it too much because I might fall with you"
Then she giggle as the moment I poke her nose. She smile at me cutely and kiss my cheek.

"Okay. I won't babe"
Haist. This is such a bad idea. What am I doing with my life?. It's getting more difficult to handle. Can't take it in ease. Freaking obnoxious.

"Since we have nothing to do, I want to show you something"
She unstraddle from me and get something on her closet. While waiting for her, I decided to rest my back using a hard pillow and lay. I glance at her and she is now carrying a photo album. Anne starts to lay down beside me while also prompting a pillow at her back. She slowly flip the cover and the first thing I see is a photo of a little girl. A cute girl who is smiling.

"Is this you?"
I asked curiousedly.

"You've guess it"
She breach a happy smile and cuddles at my side. I reach for her side, embrace her with my arm.

"Well, it's pretty obvious. Your blonde hair, cute smile, your eyes and es

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter