Chapter 5B: Farewell to you my friend

If tomorrow never comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nan's POV

The sun shone brilliantly and the virescent colour of the spring day under it's glare was offensively bright and cheerful. It was as if they conspired to show me how the world would go on without her. It shouldn't. Everything should be as grey and foggy as my emotions, it should be cold and damp with silent air. But the birds still sang and the flowers still bloomed. I walked through the door like a silhouette of myself, wishing I really was as insubstantial as the shadows so that my insides might not feel so mangled. As I took a pew near the front the long held back tears began to flow. I was not ashamed. I loved her. I loved my bestfriend so much. She was my sister in other blood. Now she was gone a light had been extinguished forever in my heart. I sat in my silent grief and awaited. Gently, I scrouch up to clearly read it's lines. Blooming flowers with white roses in my arms, I carefully place it to her side. From all these years, now I have been regretful. I freaking blame myself. That night, that night. I should have listened to her.

"Kim... I am so sorry.!"
I yearned for forgiveness even thou she's sleeping silently in deep slumber. My tears were now flowing heavily as I always seek for forgiveness. Emotions are killing me, regrets and flashback. My friends kept on blaming me because of these. Even the friend of Kim name Pie got so hatred at me.

"Please. Forgive me Kim"
My cry went hysterically. I can't rather seem to stop myself sobbing.

"Kimhan!! Please Wake up!!"
I shouted and yearned again while hugging her tombstone. Although, she might not waken up but I hope she can hear these words of mine.
As much as I tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. I hit Kim's tombstone and scream, but my voice was melted by the sound of the place. Then the muffled sobs wracked against my chest.

Kim's POV

"Wah! I am truly sorry!"
I was idiotically sent me to conciousness as Nan shouted in front of my ear. She jiggle my body making me fully awake. I rub my eyes using my knuckles and agonize to her. I was hissing, but it made her more crazier. Although, I'm honestly mad at her, she still mocks me. I forgot to tell you that I am in Nan's house. Completely fine, no scratch nor bruises. No, we didn't crashed but I had traumatized. Glancing on my side, I've seen a bouquet of flower, white roses. I can tell that they're still fresh. Am I look like a dead person to her?.

"Wah! Kimhan, I am so soorry! Huhuhu!"
She said as she fakely cry in front of me.

"Do I look dead to you?"
I said as I throw a soft pillow on her face. Why the hell does such a truly friend of mine wishing me to death. Such an idiot and crazy.

"Hey don't be mad. I'm just acting, to see whether I am a good actress or not. Am I?"
She asked me as she lay her body on this bed. I look at her, thinking about earlier and said.

"In a scale of 1 to 10. I rate 1.5"
I said. It wasn't a tease or joke, it's my real answer. Well, I could rate her a 0. Which means, she's totally .

"Really?!. Damn, I am such a good actress!. I guess I have to practice more!"
Then she abruptly stood up and jump hundred times from the bed. Bouncing and bouncing while this bed jiggles. She always repeat the words "Yehey!. I'm going to be an actress!" Blah blah. Maybe that's her ultimate dream. To be a famous actress in Thailand. Out of the blue, she suddenly run towards the door and went out while shouting again. She left the door open widely. Her voice echoed in the corridor, I heard her. As for myself, I am still in this bed, thinking out of curiousity.
Am I the only one who always thought that Nan came from a Mental hospital before?. Maybe she was. Frankly, she's been like this before. Acting like a kid.

"Satisfied yet?"
I asked as she's back again. Nan is sweating a lot, I could tell. Her breath is unsteady. You shouldn't marathon like that. She came closer just to say,

"Come on Kim. Mom is making us for breakfast"

"Okay"
Then we walk out from her room and walk to their dining room.  Honestly, Nan is a not-so poor and not-so rich person. You know, it's just a simple living they have. 2 bedrooms, 1 spacious living room, dining table with kitchen stuffs, a backyard with green cutted grass and they have a small porch too. They have this house completely simple. 

"Hey Kim, I have good news"

"Good news?. Lemme guess, Are you inlove?"
I said as I mockingly giggle to her. She hissed at me and continue.

"Nope. Not that one. I'll going study cookery this comming August. Isn't that great?"

"Good for you Nan"
And she's leaving me. Guess I am alone.

"How about you Kim?"

"Hehe, you know about me Nan. I cannot jump to college like this"

"My mom can help you thou"

"Really?, How?"

"I don't know. But you know, I think working at the bistro is fun"
I have no idea what is Nan's plan. Well, although she's right. Do I really need to study?. I survive by working at the bistro thou. Can I take a secondary level with no exact knowledge at all?. It takes time. Yes, Nan's mom is a secondary teacher. Highschool teacher. Well, it might take me 12 years to make it all complete.  From elementary lessons going to secondary lessons. Okay, back to Nan's family. Ehem... Nan, Nan Sunanta is the only child like Pie. No sister nor brother. Her papa  isn't actually here. Nan said before to me that they'd been divorced when she was a kid. Good thing is, her dad still supports her financial where her money will be sent to Nan's account. I ask Nan how's her dad and she answer me...

"Probably dead"
Such an idiot person. Is she still drunk?. She seems likes to curse some person, especially her dad. If only I were Nan, I'd probably don't talk like that.

"You don't have contact with him?"
I said as we went inside their dining room at took a seat. Her mom is actually here, ready to serve our yummy breakfast.

"Hmm.. I heard about that he has a grape yard where he'll make a wine then imported to many places. But I don't know about his health. I don't know"
Surely she hasn't contact with him.

"Hi Kim"
Then Mrs. Yurinayom greeted me warmly with a smile on her face. She is Nan's mom.

"Hello, Aunt Yuri"
Her surname is kinda long so I made it short. Then she puts our breakfast in the table. It's  hotdogs and sunny side up eggs then a cup of coffee. I thought that was it but then she carefully puts a slice bread in the middle. I smile to Aunt Yuri and my voice speaks out to thank her.

"Oh, I told you before that you'll call me Mom"
She said to me. As she put an egg on my plate with 3 hotdogs. 

"Oh right. I forgot it. Sorry... mom"
I smile very shyly to her. You know what, honestly Aunt Yuri is so being nice to me from the start. Whenever I'm here with Nan, she always and loves cook us something really special. Speaking of special, she's exactly reminds me of my Grandma. Loves to cook, cares for her close ones, and gives what we need. I also remember years ago that she willingly wants to adopt me. Making me the sister of Nan but in the other blood. She said she felt pitied on me. You might think that it's so fun that my bestfriend is my sister too. Honestly, I thought of that before. You know it'll be so much fun, but maybe consequences will come. Who knows that me and Nan will get into fight then she'll blame me. Who knows. We'll never know. So I think we'll leave it this way.

"I leave you two here because I need to go now"
She said as she finish putting breakfast to Nan's plate. Then she kiss Nan's forehead as a Bye-bye kiss. I smile at them to let them know that I am so happy with them. Nan seems to be lucky that she have still her mom on her side. Unlike me. Then I start to eat and out of the blue, a touch warm lips felt into my forehead and surprisingly it's Aunt Yuri. It's my very first time that she kiss my forehead. Gently, she pats my back and leave.

"Bye girls. See you later"
And by later means tonight. Then she went to the living room and pick up her things. Her purse, another bag which contains books  and probably lesson plans. She take a glance again as she open the door, crept out a reassuring smile then we wave at her. Finally then, she walk out from the door.

"Oi Kim! What happened last night!?"
Nan shockingly said as she fastly chew her food.

"You idiot!. I almost fainted because of you!"
I said as I point out my fork to her face. But then she swiftly hustle my fork.

"No, not the near death experince!. It's about Kae!"
Why?. Oh wait...

"Don't tell me that she's the one who'd been broke up with you last month?"
I said as I take a sip on my coffee.

"No. But her sister"

"Who again? I mean what's her name?"

"Baifern"

****

So this Baifern went cheating on other person without Nan knowing it. This Baifern said she was d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter