Chapter 5A: Fun with Daredevil

If tomorrow never comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday starts and they are back to their own basic lives, Kim who works at bistro while Pie doing paper works. Every morning even night for Kim. It's like she's alive yet a little dead inside. She miss Pie very much since they met 3 days from now. How she wish tomorrow is Saturday but still have 2 days to come. 

This day, nothing seems enough. Everything seems heaving and tough. Even smiles don't make sense for Kim, and Nan notice it. The mist in her eyes has become dense. Nothing to do, seems like she's a living corpse. She keep feeling very sad and sore but trying to make herself happy. Maybe it's because, when Pie's not around, In shackles, life seems to be bound. Kim sat down in a stool while touching gently her cup of coffee.

Did I miss her? Yes I do. And I dont know why? This does mean I'm inlove right Kim? Or I just miss my friend. Friend? Right, friend.. Kim you're such an idiot! Maybe you're inlove!? Hmm maybe not..

"Kim, feels like you're so empty today huh?" Said Nan. 

"No I'm not" Kim tries to show her smile.

"You're faking it. Such a great denial. Are you?" Nan points her finger to Kim.

"Im not Nan. Maybe-"

"You miss her don't you?"
Nan can feel me? Or she can read my thoughts. Psycho.

"Uh? .. Kinda?" 

"Now I know, but never mind. Hey Kim about Pie? Does she have bestfriend?"

Why you are so Playgirl Nan? 

"You just broke up with your girlfriend before and now you wanna hook up?"

"Kim, its a month already. That's why I should find another partner"

"Oh okay" 
Month already, So it means she finally move on.

"Hey her bestfriend?, You forgot?"

"Oh yes right, Ehem.. Pie has a 3 bestfriend. Jane Hongyok and Puey-"
And Nan cuts her.

"What are they look like?"
Nan said excitedly.

"I didn't met them yet. I don't know what they look like. Maybe they are beautiful? We'll see this saturday"

"Woah? Can I see them? Can I go with you?!"

"Su-sure Nan."
But how? I hope Pie wouldnt get mad to me.
Wait... what about her work?

"Nan? What about your work?"

"Nah... no worries. I got this"

****

Kim's POV

As our work went by, and now our bistro is closed. Well, it's already 9 p.m so for us it's time to go home now. I walk again silently in this lonely road of mine. So alone with this watery sidewalk. Suppose to be I can ask Nan to give me a ride but I think it's too much too ask. Even though were bestfriends. Perhaps, Nan's place and mine are different and far away that's why. 

"Pssst! Oi mate!"
Someone must've called my attention. I take a glance on my side and surprisingly speak of my bestfriend is here. It's Nan with her motorbike. Wearing complete gear. Are you some kind of a racer Nan?.

"Hey Nan"
I said as I approach her.

"Come with me Kim. Let's hang out!"
She said with a smiling excitedly face on hers. Hmm, seems like fun to hear.

"Yeah, sure!"
Excitedly, then I quickly hop in to her bike. I wonder where we heading up to?. As our ride went smoothly, now I don't know where are we for now. I ask Nan then out of my curiousity were going a bar. No, not this again!.

"Nan!, take me home! Or stop here!"
I screamed and shout into her ear. Making and wanting her to stop this point. I thought were going for a one night food trip. You know I love food. Food is my first love.

"Hey, lower your voice please!"
She said. But we are now probably here. We stop at this bar where in and out drunken people. Then we park and hop out from her bike.

"Seriously Nan?, why are you taking me here?"
Dude, I wanna go home. I want to sleep rather than hanging out with you tonight. 

"I know this is your first time Kim. But you need to enjoy this"
First time. Yeah right first time. You are so wrong Nan. This is exactly my second time. This was the bar where me and Pie had the drunken night. Where I let Pie carried on my back. And now I probably carry also Nan on my back. Actually, I didn't told Nan about us, where me and Pie hanged out in here. Well, she didn't bother to ask me too. But anyway, this is my first time with Nan hanging out in a bar. Then I glance at Nan who's talking with someone on her phone. Maybe her parents looking for her.

"Don't worry Ma, I'll be fine... Yeah, later I'll be home before 12... Love you bye"
Then she ended up her call. Nan look at me with her smug face thinking this will be a good time to her. 

"Okay, let's go"
No need to deny. Then Nan grabs my wrist and clung at my other shoulder. Nan lead the way through inside were same as usual as me and Pie are here. 

"Hey Nanny!"
A lady greet on us warmly. Wait, is this the table were me and Pie last day?. Yes, it is. Coincedence. Nan stated my name in front of them and their name too. They wave at me as I smile at them too.

"Well lucky here. Who's this handsome

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter