Chapter 4: Fun with her

If tomorrow never comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The black sky gradually turned into dim grey and the illumination of stars got languidly lusterless. Millions of stars in the ebony sky started hiding their brightness and got slowly dissipate, as if someone was going to coming. Divergent birds were gently flying in manifest sky and their dulcet dawn chorus was easily audible.

The first orange hued rays appeared on the skyline, which went through the clouds and the prodigious sky was easily visible. The sun came out of its abode across the brilliant orange horizon and glimmered in the sky. The sparkling sun started slowly rising up the scarlet skyline, which clearly differentiated the sky and the land.
Now the warm sunlight struck at Kim's eyelids, she rub her eyes using her knuckles. Slowly, she rose up from her bed, and she stretch her arms. Yawn trigger to her.

"Goodmorning to me"

Kim fold her blanket neatly and she place above on her pillow. She walk outside in her house, she went to her small bathroom which is made of plywood and the roof is made of stainless metal. Kim took the bucket and went to her neighbor's deep well. It took 100 dipper to fill her bucket. 
Afterwards, she finally went back to her bathroom and took a bath. Kim dry herself up, and put some ordinary clothes. Kim walk to the kitchen to cook 2 sunny-side up for her breakfast. After she finished eating, she clean the plates and ready to leave which means, going to work. As she step out from her main door, she left a heavy exhale and said..

"I hope Aunt In will not get mad"
She locked the door and..

"Kim!" 
An old fashioned woman approach to her. Kim turn to her and replies back.

"Yes Aunt Jan?" 
Its her neighbor the owner of the electricity which Kim connected from her house. 

"They already sent me a bill"
Says the lady.

"How much will I pay Aunt Jan?" 
Kim pull out a money from her pocket. Its not much, nor plenty. It's enough for her everyday expenses.

Oh God.. I hope I can have my advance salary. 

"Depends on you Kim. I know you're working hard for your own living too. As a concern neighborhood, I won't make hard to you" 

Why you are so kind Aunt Jan?

Kim handed her money to Aunt Jan.

"Is it okay 70 baht? I prom-"

"Its okay Kim. No need to add some" 
The old lady took it. And she say..

"Like what I said, You're working hard for your own living too, You should go now. You'll might be late"

Kim felt so happy after what she said. Suddenly, she hug the old woman.

"Thank you Aunt Jan. You are so kind"
Kim parted away and she pat Kim's shoulder. Then they separate their ways.

Kim walk to Aunt In's bistro by walking. For her, if she's gonna ride a taxi, her mind tells that its a waste of money. So why not walking. The sun shines lightly, People walk to the terminal so differently. Some almost skip, so exquisite is their joy of leaving for another shore. Others walk as if they are boarding a badly kept bus, no more exciting than any other commute. Then there are the nervous ones, quick steps and stern faces, everything about them tight and fearful.

Almost there 

*Aunt In's Bistro*

Kim walk inside, the first thing she see are, Wrappers of the chips scattered, cigarrete buns everywhere, tables chairs were unproperly arrange and repel footsteps marked on the floor. Kim think it looks very untidy.

Where's Van? He supposed to clean this mess.

"Goodmorning Aunt In, where's Van?" 
Kim went to hug Aunt In.

"Kim you're here, Van got fever today, he texted me. Wait, why are you here? did you forget? You suppose to work tonight"

"Can I change for now Aunt In?, I'll use my schedule today, So I wont work tonight. Is it okay for you Aunt In?"

"Suit yourself then, Kim please help me clean this mess first"

"Thank you Aunt In"

"Always welcome, I'll leave you here while I'm gonna clean the kitchen"

Kim went to get the vacum cleaner, she starts to get rid the wrappers, and cigarrete buns. She arrange all the tables and chairs, Kim smoothly mops the floor with every direction, horizontally and vertically.
They open now their bistro, an hour passed, busy commuters, office workers, and students who are in and out. Tired, yet still active, Kim busily serve at every table. She glance at the wall clock and it's nearly 6!.

Pie had ten minutes to get out of her office and be ready for her night out. By day a C.E.O and tonight a time for hang out. She went first to her condo to change her clothes, She threw her office garb onto the bed, switched her bra for a push-up and dressed like a chickas. Then she washed off her day make-up, reapplied it in brighter light make-up, put some juicy perfume and swept her hair up into a fancier looking up-do. With one last look in the mirror she grabbed her car keys, wallet, and dashed out the door. It would be 30 minutes after she'd get to Kim. 

I hope Kim is not waiting for me. 

Looks like they having a date tonight.

*Aunt In's bistro*

Kim's mind have a doubt to herself, whether she's going to ask Aunt In, or not. 

Kim! You need it for tonight. Gosh, why am I feel like I'm having a date? 

Without hesitation, Suddenly her knuckles went to knock the office door of Aunt In.

Oh my God Kim! What have you done?! Did I just did that!?

"Come In" 
An unexpected voice came from inside the door. Kim slowly open the door, she sneak her head first and she saw Aunt In doing some paperworks. Unexpectedly, Aunt In glance at the door. There she saw Kim.

"Kim, come in"
Kim bravely walk inside and took a sit.

"What can I do for ya?"
She took of her reading glass, put in her table and tuck her arms.

"Uhm... Aunt In can I ask some favor?" Kim look straight her puppy eyes at Aunt In.

"Yes what is it?"

"Can I have my advance salary? I have something important to pay Aunt In" 

Did I lie? For the Pie's sake!
I feel like Im going to facepalm later.

"No worries Kim"
A happy smile appeared at Kim's face, She feel grateful at Aunt In. Kim always thank her. Then a money from Aunt In's hand lended to Kim, and she took it.

"Thank you Aunt In, You're so reliable"

Meanwhile...

Where is she? 

Pie drive her car slowly, and she pulled over to park her car.

Maybe she's inside, but if she's not here? Maybe she's at her place.

"I hope she's here" Pie went take a look inside. There are people who are drinking silently, its not a wild pub like the other one, here is for silent people, who enjoys their time. Pie saw a man in the bar who is busily mixing some drinks and coctails. 

I know she's a Tom too.

Pie took a sit in a stool. She wander her eyes around maybe Kim is here but she's not. 

"What can I do for ya' Miss?"
Pie was startled when the bartender spoke to her.

"Uh yeah, I'm looking for Kim? Has she went here?"

"Yes, she's at our Boss' office wait here Miss?"

"Just call me Pie"

"Okay.. wait here Pie, I'll call her" 
Nan left a drink to Pie, and went to Aunt In's office, Perfectly timing when Kim opens the door. 
Quickly Nan's mouth said..

"Kim, Your chika is here!" Together she wink at Kim, and she can't even stop giggling.

"Chika? Tsk. You're drunk again Nan dont you?" 
Kim got confused. Nan sigh at her, what she did is, Nan's hand restrain at Kim's head to turn at Pie's direction. Her eyes lock at Pie who sat there like a barbie doll, the dim red light made her look beautiful.

"Pie" 
Kim uttered. Then Nan cupped Kim's face like a puppy.

"Yes, yes Kim that girl! God where did you get her!? Are you friends?! Kim! Kim! do, do you have date tonight with her? Can I come? Or does she have bestfriend?!

This Tom has a babble mouth! 

Kim can you pair me up with her or maybe her bestfriend?! Please! Please! Pllleeeasse!"
Suddenly Kim cover Nan's babbling mouth.

"Pleash?" Mumble Nan

"Why don't you ask her?" Kim said. She pull away her hand.

"Me? How about us ey?"
Nan drag quickly Kim to Pie. 
Pie saw them approaching towards her. Nan distance herself at them waiting for the topic, Kim took her seat and Pie greet madly Kim.

"What took you so long idiot?!" Pie said angrily she frown her eyebrows and face to Kim.
Kim didn't expect that. Nervously Kim's eyes glance at Nan who is as if busy. 

"Uh.. ca- can.. I mean I was in my Boss' office"

"Yes I knew that, but why you are so slow? Anyhoo, shall we go now?"

"Su- sure Pie let's-"
Without finishing Kim's word, Pie stood up and walk away. 

Again? Why she cant understand me? Dull? Numb? Does she?

Before Kim leave her stool, Nan grip her arm and said.

"Kim! Kim! Don't forget my favor 'kay?"

"I'll try Nan"

Kim went outside where Pie patiently waiting for her. Then both of them went inside the car.

Kim's POV

Silence fill the air, no one is talking and I dont why, even me dont have the guts to talk. Were on the road of nowhere, I didn't bother to ask her where we will go. If I will, maybe she'll kick me out of her car.
We pass some buildings until we finally got our destination maybe, Pie parked the car in the parking lot. We both went out and walk to the amusement park?, I froze to my place like a statue. Yes! An amusement park! Even thou, I can't read the signage but I can sense this is an amusement park, I can hear a rattling wheels of the coaster, laughing kids even older people, and people who shouting screaming and shrieking with no tomorrow.
A bright yet happy smile went crept on my lips like a child. I know right? Call me a child, go on. Even Pie got confuse of me there she stood up near the magical entrance gate. Really, really I wanna hug her this time for taking me here. I run to her with widely open arms like a kid and hug her embracely. Then I whisper to her ear.

"Thank you Pie"
I can feel people starts to stare at us, I dont care of you people! This is my greatest dream. I want to go here when I was a kid but I cant afford. 

"Okay? Don't thank me yet idiot, Let's go"

Our steps went fast to the ticket booth. After the lady gave us 2 tickets, we directly went to another entrance where there are awesome sick rides, mascots were here wandering around, people taking pictures with the beautiful colorful landscape, it looks like this is a fantasyland!.

"Wow" I said with amazed tone.

"So, where do you wanna go first Kim?"

"Uhm? Its up to you Pie"
Yes its up to her guys, she's the boss. A dictator, a leader, she knows everything rather than I am. So I leave it to her. Pie look at the rides in her ticket and said..

"Hhmm, Nessi coaster?"

"Okay you're the boss"
This Fantasyland its kinda big, so we carefully read and look at some signs in every corner. Until we finally at the Nessi coaster. Its not that big like the others, for me its kinda for kids. Yes, its a small ride with small sharp-turns. We took our seat in the front row, and yes we are the first to go. I buckle my seatbelt but it won't lock because I dont know how.

"Let me help you Kim" 
Pie help me to buckle my seatbelt. Until she finally locked it. Oh my, this is too embarassing. 

"Pie, this is a kiddie ride right?"

"Yes it is" 

Suddenly a loud siren went turn on, our ride went take off, it suddenly move then the 2nd ride of our back went next.

"Woo!"
Pie made a shout in the air. That made myself laugh. We look at each other and I said..

"Haha. Pie its not yet dro-"
Suddenly my living spirit went up in the air. I close my eyes, hardly grip the steel bar so not to feel dizzy. 

"Hahah! Woo!"
Yes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter