Chapter 6

In your Eyes

                              Chapter 6                           

Baekhyun.

They’re weird.

Yu An and Chanyeol’s being weird these past few days. Whenever Yu An looks at Chanyeol she flushes and Chanyeol’s being spacing out more lately.  He’s been running quite a while too and he only does that when something’s bothering him. I’m worried about him but what I am worried the most is how Yu An reacts towards Chanyeol. I don’t like it.

“Yu An-”

“What!” Chanyeol flinches in surprise with Yu An’s reaction. “Oh um.. Sorry.”

“Why are you acting like you’ve seen a ghost?” She’s flushing again. “Here.  Sunbae asked me to give this to you. He says you’ll need this.”

“T..Thanks.”

“Are you ok-”

“No, don’t-” Chanyeol was about to hold her when Yu An stood from her seat and now they’re both surprised. “S..Sorry!”

And she left. I am getting what this is about because it’s exactly how I am towards her.

I stand from my seat and followed Yu An. She’s at the staircase sitting covering her face with her hands. I took one step below her and grabbed her hands. “Baekhyun?”

“Yu An, if you act like this I will be hurt.”

“What?”

I smile and pat her head. “Are you having it too? Someone that you like.”

“Am I really that easy to be read?” I chuckle and she flushes even more.  I just hit her when I am hoping that I am wrong. “That means you have it too Baekhyun?” she mumbles hugging her knees.

I chuckle seeing how twisted our fates had become. “I guess you can say mine is one-sided.”

“Eh? One-sided?”

“Mm. I just found out that she likes someone else.”

“Likes someone else huh?” She looks gloomy when I glanced at her. “Baekhyun, do you still like her? Even when you know that she likes someone else?”

I smile. She’s making me fall for her even harder. “Yes. I guess you can’t control your heart that easily Yu An.”

“Do you think… Do you think Chanyeol has it too? Someone that he likes.”

I really do not like where this is going. “Yes. I think he has.”

“Oh, I see…” Yu An stands and her face is filled with bitter smile. “I’ll be going to the restroom.”

I really am too much. I stand and catch up to her. I grab her wrist and she gasps in surprise.

“Ba-Baekhyun.”

--

Yu An.

This week must be messing up with me because it’s being crazily messed up ever since it began. First I discovered that I like Chanyeol. Second, I was just told that he has a person that he likes and it hurt me like hell, and now this. Baekhyun is looking at me bitterly. I don’t even know what’s happening right now and I can’t run from this situation. He trapped me on the wall and I don’t know why he’s doing this.

“Ba-Baekhyun.”

“Don’t smile like that. Don’t smile like I’m the bad guy here.”

“A..Are you okay?”

“Why do you think I’m being nice to you? Can’t you get it Yu An?”

“What?”

Baekhyun chuckles and looks straight on my eyes. “When you said that I was nice, you don’t know how happy I am Yu An. I really am. All these time I thought you haven’t notice it. But you did. You don’t know how my heart reacts towards you.”

“W..Wait Baekhyun-” I really don’t have a good feeling where this is going.

“And now this. I think my world just broke into pieces. Of all people, why him?”

“Baekhyun wait-”

He looks up to me and he’s crying. “I like you Yu An. Of all people that you can like, why my best friend? Why Chanyeol?”

You know that feeling when everything stops? I think I am getting that now. I am neither hearing nor feeling anything. Everything just stops because I just hurt someone. I can see Baekhyun still talking but I am not hearing anything. The next thing I see is him so close to me.

His mouth close on mine.

His mouth on mine.

I feel unsteady and my legs are not supporting me right now. I felt his arm on my waist supporting me as he kisses me.

I am not pushing him away because I don’t think I have the energy to do so. When he pulls away his mouth from mine away he stared at me. My heart is beating crazily now and I am so confused as to why I am feeling this way.

“Yu An?”

I can’t talk. I can’t say anything. I don’t know what to say.

“Yu An talk to me-”

I step back and avoided his touch. He looks surprised as I am.”I…I need air.”

I ran away from him and I find myself on the rooftop. I fell on the floor as I lean on the door with my fingers on my mouth. Baekhyun just kissed me.

--

Baekhyun.

I just screwed it. I can’t even help myself back and kissed her. My fingers touched my lips. I can still feel Yu An’s lips on mine- WAIT. What am I thinking?! Am I a ert? I even forgot the situation!

“Baekhyun.”

“Huh? Oh, Chan.”

He stares at me for a second and pointed at me. “Are you okay? Did you eat something weird? Your lips are swollen.”

“I..I’m fine! It’s not even lunch yet!”

“Then why are your lips-” the door opens and Yu An enters.

“Yu An, I-”

“Y..Yeon Hee!” she walks pass through me and walks over to Yeon Hee. Did I was just ignored by Yu An?

--

Chanyeol.

I think Baekhyun just got all the pity that I can give for a day. Yu An’s been ignoring her ever since this morning. We usually eat lunch together but now Yeon Hee told us that they’ll be eating lunch and it got Baekhyun’s spirit all drained out. Now, he’s staring blankly poking his food.

“Baekhyun, can I have this shrimp?”

“Yeah go ahead…” he says. I think this might be on the headline because Baekhyun never gives his shrimp to anyone.

I put my chopsticks down and put his lunchbox away from him. “Okay spill the beans. Something happened and what’s up?”

“I think I just went out of control.” He’s spacing out as he speaks. Well that’s a new side of him. “I can’t even control myself and did that! What the hell am I even thinking?!”

“Baekhyun, don’t stab your food with your chopsticks and just talk.”

He looks at me and sighs. “I might end up being ignored by Yu An forever.”

“What did you do to her that made her ignore you like that?”

“I…” He lowers his head and I narrow my eyes at him. What the hell is wrong with him? “I..I kissed her.”

“Oh.”

The feeling that I had the other day is coming back again. I feel like something is piercing my chest and I can’t move. I should be happy for him right? I mean Baekhyun kissed Yu An. He made a progress.

“Chanyeol? Where are you going?”

“I have to run.”

“Huh? Wait!”

I make my way at the field and ran. My feet stopped like they’ve reached the finish line. Yu An sees my presence and stood up from where she’s been sitting.

“Yu-”

She gasps when I was about to talk to her and she runs past through me but I manage to keep up with her.

“Why is it that it’s not only Baekhyun that you’ve been avoiding?”

She holds my wrist and takes her arm away from my hand. She’s doing it again. She’s biting her lip. “D..Don’t do that Chanyeol. If you keep doing that, I might misunderstand things.”

I don’t know what she meant by that, but one thing’s clear to me. She’s moving far away from me.