Chapter 19

In your Eyes

                           Chapter 19                            

Yu An.

“Because I still like you too Baekhyun.”

I did it. I said it. I felt his hand away from me and I look up wiping my tears that’s making my vision so blurry. When I saw him, he’s there on the ground staring blankly.

“B..Baekhyun?! Are you okay?! Did I say.. something wrong?!”

“N..No! It’s not that-“ he gasp when his eyes met mine and I stare at him. He’s.. flushing. “Is that what you meant the last time? When we broke up?”

“Huh? Oh.. yes.”

“...stupid. WHY AM I THAT STUPID?!” He exclaimed.

“Baekhyun?”

“I’m so sorry! I thought that last time you said that is just for the sake of breaking up with me. I didn’t expect you to like me back truly..”

I chuckle. “So that’s why. I thought you broke up with me because you had enough.”

“No! I would never Yu An! I just thought that you really liked Chanyeol that’s why I ended it. I don’t want to force you on something that you really don’t like.”

I smile and hold his cheeks. He tense up as soon as my hands touched his skin. I chuckle. “But I grew to like it.”

He smiles and pulls me towards him. “So does this means that we’re gonna date for real?”

I nod. I felt his chin on my neck. He always hugs me like this whenever he never sees me for a while. I chuckle. “I missed you too.” I say.

“You knew that huh?”

“You hugs have meanings.” I say.

He holds my cheeks this time and stares at my eyes. “Then do you know what this means too?”

“Hm? What-“ he lowers himself to me and kisses me. I gasp in surprise but kissed him back. My arms crawl around his neck as I kiss him. He pulls back and rested his forehead on my mine as I smile. “I love you too.”

He laughs. “I never knew you knew all the meanings of my actions.”

I kissed him again and nod. “You actions speak louder than your words.”




“That concludes today’s general practice. Remember the guidelines for tomorrow and congratulations everyone!” The principal greeted.

I sigh and make my way out. Yeon Hee and Baekhyun were called again because of their duties so I said that I can wait for them to go home. Baekhyun refused and said we should go home by ourselves today and I laugh at that. He’s really sweet.

“Yu An!”

“Chan.” He gestured for me to wait as he talks with our classmate and walked to me afterwards. “Club?”

“Mm. He’s scouted too.”

“Really? That’s great.”

“Yeah.” He replied. “Say um.. got a minute?”

“Yeah sure.”

We both headed at the shed and sat at bench as we wait for Baekhyun and Yeon Hee. “I heard from Baekhyun.”

“Oh..”

“I’m happy for you. I really am.”

I smile. “Thank you.”

“I honestly that you’re going to be mine eventually if I waited.. but I guess hearts do change.”

“I’m sor- ah!” I pat my forehead after Chanyeol flicked it then I hear him laugh. “Chan..”

“Saying sorry again. I told you not to feel bad about it.” He says and smiles. “I’m going to get over this. In a year, I promise I’ll be okay again.”

I smiled and nod. “Thank you.” I gasped when I felt being pulled by someone. I turn to my right and saw Baekhyun. He’s panting.

“Baek-“ He pulls me with him and didn’t say anything. When we’re inside the school he stops and pulled me towards him. “Baekhyun? What’s wrong?”

“Sorry.” He says and hugs me tighter. “I got scared- no. I got terrified when I saw you with him. I got terrified that if I left you both again, you’re going to change your mind.”

I smile and pushed him back taking his face on my hand. “Did you run seeing us?” He nods. “Leave me for a minute or even a day alone with him Baekhyun, I’m not going anywhere. I love you now. Don’t you believe me?”

“It’s not like that Yu An.. I-“ I can feel that he tensed up a little when I kissed him but then he’s smiling now. He wraps his arms on my waist and pulls me closer. I felt his hand on my hair and the other on my cheek. “I guess that means I love you huh?”

I chuckle. “I’m not going anywhere.”

He nods. “Thank you.”

“No.” I shake my head. “Thank you for letting me love you back.”

--

Baekhyun.

I ran after the ceremony and searched for Yu An. “Yu!” I called and she turns.

“Baekhyun.” She smiles and she waited for me to arrive at her spot. I smile in joy. She waited. Just for me. I have this girl for me now. She’s mine.

“Oh the boyfriend’s here.” Joohyuk hyung mumbles.

Yu An freezes glancing at her father but he just clears his throat and hyung realizes that we are all in a cold mood right now. We just told them that we’re dating for an hour. Who tells their girlfriend’s parents that they’re dating for an hour? Yes, present. I do. Though I received “I’m happy for you both!” And “So you ended up with him huh? Oh well either choices, I’m good for that.” reactions.

“I’ll just be here. You guys can go ahead.” Yu An says flaring at her brother. She looks back at me and smiles. “I’m sorry. My brother is just so-“

“It’s fine.” I pat her in the head. “It’s not so bad being labeled now.”

She flushed and chuckles. “So? What’s up?”

“I was wondering if you have plans in the evening? I’m thinking at eight. I just want to spend the evening with the four of us complete.”

“I’m free for that. We’re having our family dinner early so I’ll be there.”

“Thank you.”

“It’s nothing.”

“I’ll see you later then.”

“Mm.” I turn and was about to go back to where Mom and my brother is when she called me again. “Baekhyun!”

“Hm?”

“Um, what..” she seems hesitant to tell me what she want to say so I walked closer back to her. “Uh, what wou...”

“What wou?”

She inhales deeply and exhales. “I want to give you something before you leave tomorrow. What would you like?”

I smile. “What do you think I would like?”

“Huh? I actually don’t know that’s why I’m asking..”

“I’ll like anything from you Yu An. You don’t have to give it that much thought.”

She smiles and nodded. “Alright. Then I’ll see you later.”


I grabbed some cola and some snacks for us to eat later. I was on my way to go home when I saw something that definitely caught my attention. I walk inside the shop and saw shelves full of trophies. I turn and saw medals hanging around the corner.

“Got anything that caught your attention?” The old man asks and I nod.

“Actually yes, do you really turn all these into jewelries and ornaments?”

“Yes, something you want to ask?”

“I actually haven’t got something worthy of giving you yet, but I’ll definitely come back. I’m planning to give it to someone.”

He smiles and nods. “A girl I guess?”

I chuckle. “Yes. I’ll be back after four years and will definitely give you something worth transforming into.”

“I’ll look forward to that young lad.”


--

Yu An.

I rang the doorbell in Baekhyun’s house and waited. I wonder if this will be enough for a gift? I wondered a lot what he would like. He said he would like anything that comes from me but I really am wondering what will be good. I had a hard time earlier and it really caught up my time. The door opens and Chanyeol smiles.

“You’re here.”

“Is everyone here?”

“Yes.”

He moves to the side letting me in. I sat on the side and take my shoes off.

“I guess you bought him a gift?”

“Ah, don’t worry! I bought one for you too.”

He laughs and pats me on my head. “You should be more careful Yu An. I’m already sorting my feelings. You can’t have me falling for you again.”

“She won’t fall for anyone other than me Chan.” I turn and saw Baekhyun on the hallway. “You’re here?”

I nod. “Mom asked me to bring food so I got this for us.”

“Meat!”

We make our way on Baekhyun’s veranda and he sets the grill up.

“Oh right, I brought something for you both. Here.”

“You bought something for him too?” Baekhyun mutter.

“Hey, should you really be jealous? Yu An’s your girlfriend now. Officially that is.” I chuckle at Yeon Hee’s remark and handed them my gift.

Chanyeol opened his and he smiled at the sweater I got him. “Thanks Yu An.”

“You’re welcome.” I stare at Baekhyun as he opens my gift. I don’t know if he’ll like it though.

“Necklace?”

“I’m sorry.. I really don’t know what to give you. But when I saw that pendant I thought that you might like it so..”

He smiles and shows me the raindrop pendant. “Thank you. I like it.”

I smiled and saw that Yeon Hee mouthed I’m happy for you.

“Oh, we’re out of ice. I’ll go get some.”

I head downstairs and opened the fridge after grabbing a bowl where I can place the ice. When I was about to go back Baekhyun’s there. “Oh, you needn’t to go. I was going back already.”

He smiles and sat on the chair. “That’s because I want to ask something.” He motions me to sit beside him and I did. “Why’d a raindrop pendant Yu An?”

I flinch. I know that he’ll ask why eventually but this early, I didn’t expect that. “Um.. that’s..”

“I’m really wondering why’d you get me a raindrop pendant and I got curious. I want to hear it right now.”He said chuckling.

“Remember back then? At the camp when you came from the hospital. It really rained so hard when we get back.”

“Oh that? Yeah.”

“You knew I was really trying hard to forget about Chanyeol right? Because I wanted to be good to you. It was really hard for me back then. I loved him so much but at the same time, I really don’t want to hurt you being the only one who’s having a one sided feeling. I thought that Baekhyun deserves to be loved too that’s why I tried so hard to forget about him and I didn’t know it’s going to be that hard. And that time, when I really need to cry, that’s the first time that I missed you. That I really need you and that I need to see you. Because out of all people, you’re the only one who understands how I feel.” I look at him my eyes are starting to get blurry from the tears.

“But then when I looked up, there you are. I was so happy to hear your voice. I want to ask how you’d got there but I didn’t care anymore. I just need you right there and there. Looking back I realized I think that’s the day when I started to like you. I just didn’t realize it sooner. That’s why I got you that raindrop necklace. It reminds me of back then when it rained so hard as we run back to the camp.”

I chuckle feeling nostalgic. I didn’t realize how much time has passed since then. Since I first looked at Baekhyun.

I felt warmth around me and the next thing I see is Baekhyun hugging me from the side. “Baekhyun?”

I feel my shoulder getting wet. Is he crying? “No, don’t look at me right now..” he hugs me tighter when I was about to look at him. “I’m just too happy right now.”

I smile and push him so I can see his face. “Why are you crying so hard?” I asked.

“I never thought you’ll like me back. It still feels like I’m dreaming..”

I pull up my sleeves and wipe his tears. “You’re not.” I grab his hand placing it on my cheeks and stare at him. “Does that feel like you’re dreaming?”

He smiles and shakes his head. “You’re really too good to be true Yu An.”

He leans closer and he started to kiss me. I smile as he kisses me and cried at the same time. I’m going to miss him. It will be a very long time before I can see him again. I hold him closer to me and grab on his shirt as he continue to kiss me. He holds my cheek and the other hand grabs me by my waist pulling me into him. He slowly let me lean on the couch and now he’s on top of me. He continued kissing me until his cheek touched mine.

“Don’t cry. It’ll make me even sadder to leave you Yu An.” He whispered.

“I’m sorry..”

He chuckles and pinched my cheeks lightly. “You’re apologizing again.”

“I’m going to miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you even more. Just when I realized what this necklace is for.”

I smile. “Do you like it?”

He nods. “I love it. I’m glad you had it for me instead of a sweater.”

I laugh. “You’re still getting jealous over what I got him?”

“Not when I already have you.”





“Yu An!”

“Oppa.”

He runs from the front door with a paper on his left hand as he waves it to me. I chuckle at his cuteness.

“I guess something happened for you to be so excited like that.” Baekhyun says.

My brother’s expression changes as he hands me the paper and I took it. “You both have to read that. That just came earlier. Yu An, your application for medical school was granted.”

“Huh? But that’s good news isn’t it?” Baekhyun added.

But as I read the letter I think I know why my brother’s expression changed earlier. “Application granted. They need me for an interview tomorrow morning.”

We all know what that means. I don’t even know if I want to look at Baekhyun’s expression right now. “Well that’s fine Yu An. You don’t have to go to the airport tomorrow. This is more important right?”

“It is but-“

“Are you sure Baekhyun? That just means this will be your last time seeing my sister. You both will be apart for four years.”

I look at him and he falls silent for a while. I felt his hand hold mine and he smiles. “But we’ll see each other again after that. And we’ll be together more when that happens. Four years are nothing if I’m going to be with Yu An forever.”

I smile and hold his hand tight. He’s right. It’ll just be four years. Just four years