Chapter 23

In your Eyes

                         Chapter 23                       

 

Chanyeol.

I look at Yeon Hee after she entered the address on the GPS. It’s the place that I haven’t visited in a while. I eye her and she notices my look as she puts the seatbelt on her.

“I’m not going.”

She lets out a laugh. “Are you serious right now? You made me go there for the last three years. You should go there this time at least Chan.”

“I’m not going. I’m thankful for you going there every year but you know I can’t.”

She scoffs. “She would be happy if you visit her!”

“A dead person can’t be happy! She can’t even see me! Look, I’m thankful for you going there every year. I really am. But I don’t need you prying in my business okay?”

Yeon Hee scoffs and removes her seat belt. “Well okay. Maybe I won’t pry in any of your business anymore!”

“Yeon Hee wait!” I called her but she didn’t turn. Damn it. I just ruined everything.

--

Yu An.

I look at the time. Two hours have passed. I turn looking at him as he sleeps and smile. This is the guy who’ll I’ll be marrying soon. How can this day get any better? I turn again to get my phone after I hear it vibrate. It’s Yeon Hee. I sit up and read her text.

Hey. I’m sure you heard it from Baek but I didn’t mention where we’ll be going. I’m going to take Chanyeol to his sister’s grave. I think he needs to go there while he’s here.

I gasp and sit up. Two things surprised the hell out of me in this text. One, Chanyeol apparently has a sister and two, she’s dead? I grab Baekhyun and he groans sitting up.

“What is it?” He opens his eyes as I show him my phone. He looks surprised as I look at him. “So she told you?”

“Why am I not informed?”

Baekhyun scoots closer to me and hugs me from behind. His hands make their way on my waist and he clasp his fingers like he doesn’t plan on letting me go.

“I’m sorry. I wanted to tell you back then. Really Yu An. But I don’t think it’s my story to tell.”

I release myself from his hug, though that’s kind of hard for me, but I did. He looks at my eyes and I grab his hand. “Please tell me. I have to know.”

He sighs. “Alright.” He crosses his legs in front of me and I smile seeing how he has his bed hair. I reach out and combed it with my fingers. He smiles at my touch.

“His sister’s an aspiring lawyer and she has a boyfriend. Not sure what’s his profession. Chan and I just met him once and he’s a nice person. Then their Dad found out about it, said that she don’t have time for relationships. So he forced them to break up but then on their way home, Chanyeol’s Dad and noona got into an argument which led to them having an accident. That made them lose their Dad and having noona a lone survivor. That made her depressed thinking that it was her fault and she..” he lets out a heavy breath and he squeezed on my hand showing me a bitter smile. “She committed suicide.”

I gasp not knowing what to say. I didn’t know Chanyeol had a story like that. “Oh my god.”

He holds me close and caressed my hair. “Chanyeol once told me not to tell about his condition but I think you deserve to know.” He lets me go and faces me. “Remember the time when we first saw you have an episode? That actually scared Chanyeol because that’s exactly how his sister died. She locked herself out but when we manage to open the door it was too late. She hanged herself and died already. Chanyeol haven’t gone to the funeral or even at the cemetery where her sister is located ever since she died.”

My hands are starting to shake. I know I have thoughts of committing the act but I always have the strength to think straight. But with Chanyeol’s sister’s condition.. he must’ve been so scared when he witnessed that himself. I guess I kind of understand where he is coming from.

“Hey Yu, you okay? You’re shaking.”

My tears are coming out. I’ll be forever thankful that Chanyeol helped me back then. That he introduced Dr. Jung to me because she helped me a lot with my condition.

“Yu..” I hugged Baekhyun back as I sob. I feel so bad right now.

“Baek, please take me to Chanyeol right now..”

--

Chanyeol.

I grab my phone when it rang and it says Baekhyun. He shouldn’t be calling me know giving the hours he have left for Yu An but I answer it anyway.

“Hey.”

“Yeah?”

“You with Yeon Hee?”

I shut my eyes closed remembering what happened earlier. “No. I messed up. I didn’t know she’ll take me to the cemetery.”

“Oh, damn.” I let out a laugh. “Actually, I may have said something to Yu An that you won’t like. But I really think she deserves to know so I did tell her.” I stood up from my seat having a bad feeling about what Baekhyun’s saying. “She actually wants to see you. We’re.. in front of your house.”

“You’re what?” I ran downstairs and slam the door wide open. They’re really here.

“Oh hey.” He waves at me and I scoff seeing Yu An’s eyes that are swollen right now. I’m close to being mad right now because I told him not to tell her what I’m feeling that he have said.

“Did you tell her?”

“Chan, I asked him so-“

“DID YOU ING TELL HER?!” I shouted and Yu An flinched at my voice.

“Yeah.”

I let out a breath running my hands on my face. “ it Baek.”

“I’m sorry.”

I don’t know what the tears running from my eyes are for right now. Anger or sadness? I don’t know. But the only thing I know is that Yu An’s crying in front of me hugging me.

“I’m sorry that I asked.. but I just wanted to know.. and I’m sorry for knowing..”

My heart breaks at her voice. I never wanted to tell her because this will happen. Only she knows how hard it is because she experienced it herself. She finally gets to be free of her depression but I’m seeing her in pain again because of it.

“Chanyeol it must’ve been hard for you. I’m so sorry I didn’t know..” she sobs brushing her thumb with the tears I’ve been shedding. I look at Baekhyun and he’s looking at me apologetically. I sigh shaking my head.

“It’s not your fault. I’m sorry I got worked up. I don’t really like talking about it. Baek,” He looks at me with that same look he had back when we were little when he used my running shoes without permission and ended up getting it dirty. I chuckle at the thought and pat his shoulder and smiled. “I’m sorry.”

“No, I should be. I just can’t help not telling her but I did. Considering that it’s not my story to tell.”

I smile. “It’s yours. It’s your best friend’s story. You have a right to tell. I wouldn’t have the strength to tell her if it’s the other way around.”

Yu An smiles. “So you’re not mad anymore?” I nod. She walks closer and hugs me tight. I’ll be lying if what she’s doing right now doesn’t have an effect on me. But it’s just not the same back then. I have gotten over her but that doesn’t mean I have forgotten how I have felt towards her. “Thank you.”

I hug her back and nod. “Not at all.”

I hear Baekhyun clear his throat and I laugh. I let go of Yu An and we both laugh. “You should be considerate once in a while Baek. I’m already yours.” She raises her hand and my eyes drop on the ring on her finger.

“Why the hell does she have that?” I point.

“Why? I’m marrying her.”

I scoff. “What about the plan for next month?! You ruined that! Why can’t you wait for that?! And when I thought everything will go well!”

Yu An laughs. She grabs both of our arms holding us close. “I’ll be more interested with that plan. Care to tell me?”

--

Yeon Hee.

I tie my hair up on my way to the kitchen to cook my lunch when my door rings. I set the knife down and ran to the front door. My eyes drop to the people in front of me right now but my eyes stopped to this tall guy who just yelled at me earlier telling me to mind my own business

“Hey you all.”

“Hey.” Yu An smiles and hugs me. “We’re here for a celebration slash reconciliation.”

I raise my eyebrow at what she said and looked at Chanyeol. “Care to elaborate what she said?”

“First one’s for them the latter’s for me.”

“Do we celebrate when you both will leave later?” Yu An smiles holding her hand up. I gasp covering my mouth then hugged her as we squeal in joy. “Oh my god!!! You’re- oh my gosh!!”

“Yeah!!”

“Oh my god!! I’m so happy for you! Congratulations!!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughs as we both jump in joy. I grab Yu An’s hand and took a good look at the ring. It fits her finger perfectly. “It’s Baekhyun’s medal.”

I look at Baekhyun and he nods smiling. “It’s beautiful Baek. Please make her happy or else you’re going to get it from me.”

He laughs. “I will Yeon.”

I step on the side letting them in and ran on the kitchen afterwards. “You guys don’t move an inch. I’m going to make lunch for all of us! This is worth celebrating!”

They all nod and took a seat on the living room as they watch on my TV. “Oh the pasta-“

“Here.” I freeze seeing him next to me. I already forgot that he’s here with them and he’s here for the apology.

“Thanks.” He nods and leans on the sink but I can feel his eyes watching me move. I’m in a great mood because of Yu An’s engagement and him going to ruin it is the last thing I wanted.

“Sorry.”

I drop the knife down and face him crossing my arms. “Can I ask what specifically are you sorry about? Minding your business or asking you to go and visit your sister’s grave for once?”

He lets out a breath and grabs me out of the kitchen. We make our way to may room and he closes it. “I know I made you upset. I’m sorry for both.”

I laugh. “I’m glad of your realization.”

“Yeon Hee please don’t do this. I don’t like it when we’re like this.”

I stare at him. Why does he sound like the we on his sentence is meaningful? “This is a first Chan.”

“Exactly. And I know I don’t like us fighting like this. I will be leaving later and don’t want you to be mad.”

He’s looking down right now and it’s making me feel bad for being so cold to him. I smile grabbing his cheek making him look at me. “Alright, apology accepted tall guy.”

A smile flashes on his face and it brightens him up. “Thank you.”

I nod. “Now let’s go and finish that food I’m cooking. I’m starving-“ Of all the things that surprise me in my entire existence is this right now. I can feel his chest on my back as he hugs me so tight. “W..What are you doing?”

“I don’t know either.”

I laugh. “What?”

“I don’t know. I don’t understand myself either.” I grab his hands off me and face him. I know he’s tall but I never realized he’s this tall. His hand moves from mine to my cheek and I flinch at his touch. “I just felt an urge to touch you.”

I’m getting short breaths right now. He’s never got this effect on my before.. He gets closer to me until my back touches the wall. I breathe deep and gasp. I can feel his breath on my mouth right now. “..Chanyeol” I don’t even know why I’m staring at his lips right now.

“Yeah?” His voice is too deep that it’s making me melt. I’m going crazy right now. I’ve liked Baekhyun before but Chanyeol’s the first guy who have stepped this close to me.

“Stop...”

“I can’t.” His hands are on my neck now as he brush his fingers on my cheek. I breathe in again and I think I forgot how to exhale. We’re both breathing heavily now until..

His mouth meets mine and my first kiss was taken. He kisses me slow and I don’t even know how to kiss a guy back. I bet Yu An and Baekhyun have done this a lot of times. I even bet that they’ve done it already. I lose my balance and Chanyeol carries me with my back on the wall as he continues to kiss me. My hands stop on his neck and I can feel him smile as he kisses me. He pulls back and I don’t open my eyes because what happened just now is so insane.

“Yeon Hee, look at me.”

“Goodness how can you expect me to look at you right now? I just at kissing.”

I hear him laugh then felt his fingers on my right eye. I open them and I flush. This is such an awkward position we’re in right now. His looking straight at me, the girl who just at kissing that he is carrying with her back that is pinned on the wall.

“Can you put me down now?”

He laughs. “Not yet.”

“God Chanyeol I’m so embarrassed right now please put me down.”

He smiles curling a lock of my hair in my ear. I think stares can kill right now. “Yeon, I think I realized something.”

“What? I don’t think we’re in the proper situation for realizations right now Chan.”

“All these years, I’ve already got over Yu An and I am unconsciously going crazy over this girl who’s in front of me right now. I think that’s why I got the urge to touch you right now.”

“You didn’t just touch me. You kissed me.”

He laughs again and rested his forehead on mine. “I told you I’m crazy over you.”

I flush and realized I may like this guy here too and I may have been going crazy over him for a while now.

--

Yu An.

I hear someone announce Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s flight. I can’t help but to feel sad with that. Baekhyun holds my hand entwining it with his fingers and kisses the ring on my hand.

“Twenty minutes left.”

“I told you not to count.” He chuckles and hugs me. He burry his face on my hair and I chuckle feeling ticklish.

“See you in a month soon to be Mrs. Byun?” I laugh shoving him off. He stares at me and I can see his eyes sparkle as he do. His eyes are always this beautiful whenever I look at them.

“See you in a month Mr. Byun.”

He grins biting his lower lip. “Wow, I never thought hearing my name like that would be so amazing.”

I caress his hair as I stare at him taking in all the time that I have left to look at him.

“He’ll melt Yu.” I laugh at Yeon Hee’s remark. I smile seeing Chanyeol’s arm encircling her with his hug.

“You both look so nice together.” I say.

“Why thank you. I can now say, Yu An, I’m completely over you.” I laugh grabbing Chanyeol’s ear and he chuckles. Their flight was announced again and I sigh. Baekhyun releases me planting a kiss on my forehead and I hug him as he do.

“Can you tell what that means?” He asks.

“I love you more.” He laughs.

“I love how competitive you are but I loved you first.” I smile kissing him for the last time.

“Be careful okay?”

“I will. You too. Don’t eat too much cup noodles.”

I chuckle nodding. I step back letting go of his hand and stare as he walks away from me.

“See you in a month girls!” Chanyeol exclaimed and we both nod.

Yeon Hee encircles her arm on mine and I lean on her shoulder. “We got such great guys don’t we?”

I laugh. “Yeah. I we’re so lucky.”

 


Anddd! We’re off to the second to the last Chapter guys! I’m so happy that you’re all liking this fic ^^ I hope you will all love the ending tho hahaha! Leave all your comments and tell me all about it okay??