Chapter 17

In your Eyes

                                Chapter 17                       

Hello everyone! Before you all start reading, here’s something I would like to share with all of you 😊 This is my playlist as I write this fanfic 😊 feel free to listen to it too as you read if you like!

1. In your Eyes - Crude play (yes, this is how I got the idea for the fic 💕)
2. The other - Lauv
3. Breathe - Lauv
4. Act like you Love Me - Shawn Mendes
5. Happier - Ed Sheeran
6. Don’t go (
나바소녀) - EXO
7. To You - Sung Si Kyung

 

andd now enjoy reading! As we all say, expect the unexpected ;)) happy reading everyone :*


One year later..

Yeon Hee.

“Looks like there will be a manager for the track team.”

Yu An says. It’s been a while since we became temporary managers and I’ve gotten used to it. I forgot that we’re just temporary.

“Yeon Hee?”

“Huh?”

“Are you okay? You seem spacing out.”

“I’m fine. I guess today will be the last day huh?”

She nods. “Mm. I was planning on talking about it because I should be studying for my college application now.”

“Oh right. You’ll be going to med school.”

“Yes. I’ll be applying for a college. What about you?”

“I guess I’ll be applying to one too.” I answered. My eyes dropped to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. I look at Yu An, she just greeted Baekhyun. But I find something different with Yu An. Last month, I can still feel the hurt that she feel towards Chanyeol, how much she still likes him. Yes, I can tell that she dated Baekhyun even though she still has feelings with Chanyeol. But then, is it just me or Yu An is just looking at Baekhyun now?

“Yu An.”

“Hm?” She stops and turns to look at me.

“Nothing. Let’s go?”

“Mm.” She smiles and I follow her. She’s blooming nowadays. I wonder if something happened.

--


Yu An.

I walk back to the classroom and saw Baekhyun waiting for me at his seat. He’s sleeping. I smile and sat on the seat in front of him and stare at him as he sleeps.

I rested my chin on my hand and continue to watch. Some of his hair fell on his eyes and I chuckle. He’s in deep sleep that he didn’t even felt that huh? I reach out to put away the hair and froze. Just then, I felt something down on my chest.

I think my heart just skipped a beat.

My fingers touched a little of his skin and he twitches. His eyes open and a smile flashes on his face.

My heart beated faster than it was before.

I stand in shock. What just happened?

“Yu An?”

“Y..Yes?”

“You okay?” He asks scratching his eyes. Why am I acting like this? Now that I think about it, it started last week. I was used to being alone with Baekhyun and with his presence, I haven’t been thinking of Chanyeol anymore. Or rather, I haven’t been looking at him for a while now, and I have been- “Yu?”

“I..I’m fine!” Did I just stutter? I only do that unconsciously whenever Chanyeol’s around. He chuckles and grabs our bag. “I..I’ll do it! I can carry mine.”

He takes my bag back and smiles. I think his smile is suffocating me. I can’t seem to breathe properly now. “I’ll do it. I want to Yu. Let’s go.”

“A..Alright. But aren’t you going to practice?”

“I’m skipping it.”

“Skip?! Why?”

“It’s only today that you get you day off from cram school right? I won’t miss it for the world.” I flush and bit my lower lip. Whenever he say sweet things like that I can’t calm myself down. Perhaps, do I- “Let’s go?”

“Ah...Y..Yes.”

“Yu An,” he chuckles. “I noticed that you’ve been stuttering a lot lately.”

“I..I know right. I’m feeling nervous all of a sudden.”

“Nervous? With me?”

My cheeks are getting hot from embarrassment. Baekhyun is starting to have an effect for me. A lot.

“I..I don’t know.” I reply and walked ahead of him. I hear him laugh and I gasp with the sudden warmth on my hand then I saw his entwined on mine. My eyes widen in shock.

“Let’s go.”

He says smiling. I’m glad he’s walking ahead of me. Because if he just walked beside me, he might see me being red in embarrassment right now. Me realizing that I think I’m liking Baekhyun now. Genuinely.

--

Chanyeol.

I shut my locker closed and realized I spaced out. What I saw earlier bothered me a lot.

When I saw Yu An flushing over Baekhyun. Stuttering over Baekhyun. Reacting over Baekhyun. Getting nervous because of his presence.

I suddenly felt something. I don’t have a good feeling about it because that’s exactly how she is towards me back then. Back when she likes me a lot.

I grab my bag and walk on my way home. I have to shake all of these thoughts off. I stopped seeing both of them at the playground riding the swing next to each other. She’s smiling a lot now and Baekhyun’s the reason for that.

“Yu An push me this time.” Baekhyun says.

“Are you seriously making a girl push you?” She chuckles but stands. She walks behind him and pushes him.

“But you’re doing it right?” She laughs and his him playfully. He makes the swing stop and stands. “Now you’re turn.”

“This will definitely be the last time okay? I’ve got to study for tomorrow’s exam.”

“You think I don’t have to do it too? Oh I have an idea, shall we study together?”

“No. We end up playing last time. We definitely can’t study together.”

“You’re rude.” Baekhyun whines. Instead of pushing Yu An behind he’s in front of her. He grabs the chain and pushes Yu An behind.

“Baekhyun! Not to high!” She laughs in excitement.

“It’s fun to tease you.”

“Hey!”

Baekhyun pulls the swing as soon as Yu An gets close to her and he kisses her.

My heart is painful the more I watch. I get it now. I think I just lose the girl I value the most to Baekhyun.

--

Yeon Hee.

Chemistry ended and as usual, it is very draining.

“Baekhyun, Yeon Hee, come with me at the faculty. I have the printouts for today’s lesson. Hand it to your classmates after.”

“Okay.” Baekhyun and I said in unison and make our way out of the room.

“Oh.”

“I’m sorry Yu An! Are you okay?!” I heard the sound of the glass breaking and I turn. Yu An’s finger is bleeding.

“I’m fine. It’s just a scratch.” I look at Baekhyun turn and run to Yu An.

“You’re bleeding!” He says. It still stings whenever I see him worry over Yu An and how I wish I am in her position.

“I’ll be fine Baekhyun. I’ll just place a band aid and it’ll be okay. You worry too much.” She chuckles and pushes him out of the science room. “Now go and help Yeon Hee with the print out okay?”

“Are you sure?”

“Mm.” She nods and Baekhyun sighs in defeat. I walk ahead to the faculty room and headed back to the classroom when I saw Yoochun sunbae on my way. “Oh? Yoochun sunbae.”

Sunbae already graduated last school year and is now in college. I hear that he’s taking up Sports psychology. I wonder what he’s doing here? He turns and smiles at me taking half of the printouts that I’m carrying.

“Are you still on with your unrequited love?” I sigh and look at him. Yes, he confessed to me last year and I was quite surprised by it. He suddenly said that he likes me. How should I react to that? Well, I can’t respond to his feelings. I like Baekhyun.

“If you’re going to confess again, there’s a high chance of you being rejected. So I suggest you do not do that.”

Sunbae laughs and asks where I’ll be bringing the printouts and I told him back to our classroom. Our room right now was theirs back when he was still in high school so I don’t think he needs more directions. “I hear that they’re together now. Baekhyun and Yu An.”

I stop and look at him. “Are we talking about this now? What’s your point?”

“You still like him? Baekhyun I mean.”

I hear something behind me and I turn around seeing Yu An wide eyed in shock.

“Y..Yu An!” I exclaimed. I give all the handouts to sunbae. “You bring this and give it to Baekhyun. It’s the least you can do for being so talkative sunbae.”

Yu An runs away and I continue to catch up. I grab her arm and I can hear our breaths as we chase for them. “Yu An please hear me out.”

I can hear sobs and I know she’s hurt that I haven’t told her all this time. “Why? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I’m sorry. I don’t want to burden you. And besides I’m okay now.”

“No you’re not! I know you’re hurt! All this time! How can you stay happy when you’re seeing him with me? You should’ve at least told me or rather  him..”

I smile and hug her as she continues to cry. I pat her back and she hugs me back. I’m not crying now because I’ve cried it all away when I first heard about them dating. So hard that I thought I might be dehydrated for letting out the water inside me out.

She pulls out from my hug and I wipe her tears with my handkerchief. “Yeon Hee..”

“Yes?”

“I..I’m sorry but..”

“Hm?” I chuckle at how cute she is struggling to talk with her hiccups.

“I really like Baekhyun now.”

I knew that something’s different from her these past days but I didn’t expect that. She now likes Baekhyun. So that’s why she cried so hard.

I smile and nod. “Really? That’s great. Since when?”

“I don’t know.. I just realized it.”

“Did you tell him already?”

“Not..yet. I tried but.. I can’t seem to say it yet.”

I chuckle and pat her head. “He deserves to know. Tell him okay? I’ll support you all the way.” She hugs me again and she started to cry. “Hey girl, you really should learn how to stop being a crybaby okay? I’m fine already. You’re more important that any guy okay?”

I feel her nod and I laugh. “Thank you and I’m sorry..”

--

Yu An.

“I got it already so stop apologizing okay?” Yeon Hee says and I nod.

We both flinched at the sound behind us and my eyes widen seeing Chanyeol staring at us looking surprised. Judging by his expression, I can say that he heard all of it.

“I guess you have to settle this first Yu An. I’ll see you later then.” I nod and watch Yeon Hee leave. That leaves him and me.

“Chanyeol..”

“I need to hear it again. Say it again. In front of me as I look at you.” He walks closer to me and stares.

“I..” It still hurts seeing him. I can say that all my feelings haven’t faded completely. It hurts that I have to hurt him now. “I like Baekhyun.”

He nods then I can see tears in his eyes. I hold his cheek and I’m crying too. It hurts to see him hurting. “I’m so sorry.. I really am..”

He chuckles but he’s still crying. His hand wipes my tears away and shakes his head. “We already said our goodbyes right?” I nod. “I don’t want you to feel bad. I just need you to make me accept it.”

I cry harder because it pains me that I’m hurting him so bad now. I know that what I’ve been doing now is hurting them both. Baekhyun too. And now I’m hurting Chanyeol. I’m giving them false hopes all this time.

“Don’t cry okay? I’ll be okay. I promise I’ll be okay. I want you to be happy.”

I nod. “Thank you..”

--

Baekhyun.

“I wonder where Yeon Hee...is.”

I’m stuck on my spot. Like I’ve stepped on super glue that will never get off. I really thought Yu An’s finally liking me but I guess she still likes Chanyeol as what I am seeing right now, she’s still smiling at him. Something that I thought I finally got from her, but I guess not.

I chuckle. I want something that can never be mine. I turn and headed to the classroom. What Yu An and I have will never be what I want it to be. She can never love me as much as I love her. She always cries whenever she’s with me. She always apologizes when she’s with me. She wants Chanyeol over me.

She will never be happy when she’s with me and she will never end it because she doesn’t want to hurt me. Yu An’s like that. She just wanted to ease other people’s pain and I think I’m being selfish by wanting her, by having her for myself to the point that I’m hurting her.

“I guess it’s over huh? Time to wake up Baekhyun. You’re dream is over. End it.” I mutter and grab my phone texting Yu An.

Hey Yu, I was wondering if I can talk to you before practice today? I’ll be waiting at our usual place. See you later!

I hit send and placed my phone on my pocket heading to practice.

--

            Yu An.

On my way back, I received a message from Baekhyun. I head to the rooftop and smiled. I guess I’ll tell him today. That I like him.

I take the stairs and every step that I take makes me feel more and more excited. I can finally reply when he tells me that he loves me. I can finally tell him that I love him back.

I open the door and saw him looking down at the field. “Baekhyun!”

He turns and smiles at me. He waves and I walk closer to him. “Hey.”

“It’s a good thing that you wanted to talk to me. I have something to tell you too.”

His expression turned to a bitter one. I wonder why? “Is that so? Is it okay if I go first?”

I smiled and nod. “Sure.”

“Alright.” He chewed on his cheeks and sighed. Is he okay? “Say Yu An, let’s stop this? We can stop dating now.”

Ah, now everything is back firing at me.

I can’t seem to say anything and just let him stare at me. I didn’t say I love him because I know how much I’ve hurt him already and I know that what he just said is for self-preservation. He deserves that at least and doesn’t deserve to be with someone like me. He deserves happiness.

“I understand.” I bit my lip holding back my tears but as much as I don’t want to show him that I’m crying, I can’t hold it back.

“Yu An…” his voice is getting shaky. He steps closer and hugs me. “Thank you. I appreciate what you’ve done for me. I really do and,” he holds my cheeks and make me look at him. He smiles and kissed my forehead. “I love you.”

I won’t say anything because an apology will come out again and that’s the last thing that I wanted him to hear right now. I smiled realizing what I should be saying now. I tiptoed and kissed him for the last time. “I love you too.