Final Chapter

In your Eyes

                  Final Chapter              

Five years later..

Baekhyun.

“Coach! Thank you for today! We’ll see you next week then!”

I smile and nod waving to my students. I grab my car keys and headed to the exit when I saw Chanyeol waving at me.

“Hey.” I approach him and we fist bumped. “See you tonight?”

I nod. “Yeah, I’ve called Joohyuk hyung too. But Yu An knows that it’ll only be the three of us later.”

He smiles patting my shoulder. “You’re such a great head of the family.”

I chuckle. “You are too. Best friend goals.”

He nods laughing. “We’re heading to the mall after this to buy her a gift.”

“Thank you. She’ll love that.” I glance at my watch. “I should be going now. He’s waiting for me.”

“Be careful. See you at seven.”

I nod and headed to the parking lot. I entered my car and started driving heading to the school. I pulled over to the side and smile seeing my happy little pill.

“Hey buddy.”

He turns and smiles running towards me. “Daddy!” I sit to welcome him in my arms and he jumps to my hugging me. “Daddy, hurry we have to buy things for mommy!!”

I nod putting him down. I open the door for him and placed the seat belt around him. I walk over to the driver’s seat and placed his bag on the seat next to me. “What’ve you planned for her?”

“I have a list daddy. I have collected all the information that we need to make Mommy happy.”

I smile looking at him at the rear mirror. He looks like Yu An when he acts smart like that. Minha really got her wits. “Okay, give me a rundown.”

“Okay.” We reached the stoplight and stopped. I glanced at Minha as he reads his list. “Mommy super duper lives meat but we can’t have grilled meat because that will ruin our theme for tonight Daddy. So that leaves us to steak. We definitely have to cook steak for her.”

Alright. Menu is steak. We can do mashed potatoes with that.”

“That’s like American style! I love it!”

We all continue he’s little information giving just in time when we reached the hypermarket. I help him got off his seat and grab his hand as we make our way inside.

“Daddy! Look fishes!!” He runs to the aquarium and his eyebrows meet. I just hope he’s not looking for someone whom I think he is looking for. He’s been watching Finding Nemo on replay these past few weeks. “Daddy, Nemo’s nowhere.”

I laugh. “Minha, Nemo can’t be eaten. Those are for eating.”

His expression changes and I wonder if I said something I shouldn’t have to a six year old kid. “You... kill them?”

“Well yes.”

“Like their blood is out and stuff?”

Okay, now it’s clear that I shouldn’t be talking about this with him. I really am not good at handling this kind of conversations with my kid. Yu An always find a way out of this. I let out a nervous laugh because him crying in here is the last thing I want to happen. We haven’t even got one single thing on our cart yet. I hold back his hand and smile.

“Minha, I’ll tell you next time. We should hurry and be home before Mommy gets back right?”

His expression went back to normal and I sigh in relief. “Oh right! Off to meat Daddy!”

We make it to the meat section and I scan for the best meat that I we can get. “Can I help you?”

“Yes, Can I get this please?”

“Please give us enough for our whole family! My granny, grandpa, aunt and Uncle.. oh! And Se Ra will be coming too!” The old man laughs at Minha’s remark and nods.

“You have smart kid over there.”

I smile patting Minha’s hair. “Yes, he’s the smartest kid I’ve ever known so far.”

We wait until we have our meat and headed to the confectionery section. I have never baked before and I’m praying I won’t ruin this cake for my wife especially when my kid is having high hopes for it. Minha grabs the ingredients for me and we checked it for the last time.

“Daddy, we’re missing something.”

“We are?” I scan our cart and I think we are indeed missing something.

“Potatoes!” “Potatoes.” We said in unison.

“Let’s go and grab those potatoes Minha!”

“Yeah!!” We both run to where the vegetables are and I grab some other vegetables that I think I’ll need too. When we’re done, we head to the counter to pay up.

“Next up is our costume. You mom loves us when we pair up so I think that’ll be good?”

He smiles ear to ear and nods. “I like to wear what you wore when you gave Mommy flowers every anniversary.”

I smile and carry him. “Then that’s what we’re going to wear then. What color would you like?”

“Blue!”

“Off we go then!”





We reached home and Minha and I have done with the food and surprise preparation. He’s already in the tub playing with Mr. D, yes that’s what he calls his rubber duckies, when I was about to go in and I hear my phone ring.

“Hey Mrs. Byun.” She chuckles in the other line.

“Hey Mr. Byun, is Minha home with you already? I have something to ask him.”

“I can’t answer that Yu.”

“Why?”

“We’re busy on our Dad-Son bonding.”

“It’s my birthday. Why am I not in it?”

“You heard me Yu and you’re the Mom. There ain’t Mom on what I said.” She laughs and I smile hearing her voice. It still makes my heart flutter so hard. “On your way home?”

“Almost. I just finished my shift so I’m heading back to my office to change.”

“Alright see you in a while.”

“See you.”

“Love you.”

“Love you more.”

I smile hanging up. Six years of marriage and we’re still competitive in saying our I love yous. I take my clothes off and join Minha on the tub.

“Hey Daddy?”

“Yes buddy?” He leans on my chest as I wash his hair and rinse it.

“Did you have a crush on Mommy first or did Mommy crush on you first?”

I chuckle at his question. When I was in his age, I was just thinking of eating and playing. This little guy is really something. “I have a crush on Mommy first. She liked someone before me.”

“Really?” He turns getting interested on the subject. “Do I know that person?”

I laugh. “Yeah, it’s your Uncle Chan.”

He gasps. “He’s too tall for Mommy. I’m glad you’re my Dad.”

I smile and kiss him. “I’m glad too.”

“When I grow up I want to meet someone like Mommy too.”

I make him stand and rinse his body after lathering him up. “I’m sure you will buddy.” I smile helping him off the tub drying him up with the towel. I wrap myself up too and then we dressed ourselves. I smile looking at him and he looks so handsome. “Wow Minha, you look so amazing.”

He smiles on the mirror shooting hearts on me and I chuckle. I pretend that I was  struck by every heart that he throws. “Do you think Se Ra will like it?”

I dry my hair with the towel and smile at him. “Do you like Se Ra?”

“She’s my best friend Daddy. One year younger than me.”

“You never know.” I grin. I finish drying my hair and carried him on my shoulder. I pick up our gift for Yu An and headed downstairs. Now all that’s left is to surprise my girl. I just hope she won’t cry this time.

--

Yu An.

I lock the car’s door and walked across the gate. I stare at the window. The lights are still off. “That’s odd.” I glance at my watch. “It’s already six thirty.”

I enter our house and smile. They’re here.

“Daddy, I think Mommy already entered!”

I hear Baekhyun chuckle. “Alright, now do what we’ve planned okay?”

“Okay!” Minha jumps from the side. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!” I smile watching him run towards me. He looks so cute in his pastel blue polo and tie. “We made a cake for you! Daddy let me put on the icing.”

I let him grab me to the kitchen. He opens the cover to my cake and I smile. “See?”

I chuckle. I can really tell Minha did it. “Thanks sweetie.”

Baekhyun placed his arms around me and smiles. Now that I took a good look at him, they’re wearing the same clothes. “I tried.”

I kiss him on the cheek. “It’s beautiful. I love your clothes too. You should both do that often.”

He smiles kissing me back. “Happy birthday.”

“Daddy, Mommy will seat next to me tonight okay?”

“Alright buddy. But just for tonight.”

Minha frowns. “You get to sleep with her every night.”

“She’s my wife.”

“And I’m the son.”

I laugh. I eye Baekhyun in disbelief. “Are you seriously proving a point to a six year old who is actually your son?”

Baekhyun laughs and carries Minha. “But I love this guy. He’s so manly as I am.”

I smile and hug them both. “What did you both prepare for dinner?”

“Steak! Daddy and I went grocery shopping earlier.” I carry Minha to his seat and listen to his story. I never get tired of staring at him. He looks a lot like Baekhyun. His eyes, his nose and his laugh. Baekhyun told me I got his mouth and his wit though. “You should’ve seen the fishes mommy! But nemo wasn’t there.”

I laugh. “You want to see Nemo Minha?”

He nods. “Yes!”

“Then shall we see him tomorrow?”

“Yes!”

“Baek.” I look at him and he nods. “Thank you.”

“Anything for my angels.” He walks from the counter putting down our food. I smile seeing what he prepared. I’m so lucky to have this guy as my husband and as Minha’s Dad. “Dig in.”

Minha continued to tell me about his day and that he bought a gift for me which actually was supposed to be a surprise until we moved on to dessert.

“Here you go Mommy.”

“Thanks sweetie.” I grab the box from him and smiled.

“Daddy and I got that for you.”

I pull out the frame out from the box. It’s a photo of the three of us together. “Thank you both of you.” I run to the living room and grabbed a chair. “Does it look fine here?”

Baekhyun chuckles. “I’ll put it for you.” He hangs the photo on the hook and I stare in awe. “How is it?”

“It’s perfect.” He hops from the chair and smiled.

“Glad you liked it. I heard from Minha that you’ve wanted a photo of us in here.”

I hug him. “Thank you. It’s just perfect.”

The doorbell rang and Minha runs to the door. “Uncle! Granny! Granpa!”

I turn seeing Mom, Dad and my brother from the door. “Wow. Nice pic.”

“Oppa.” I walk over to him and hugged him. I missed him so much.

“Happy birthday Yu.”

“Thanks.” I smile as he kisses me on the cheek. “Mom, Dad.”

“Happy birthday sweetie.” I hug them both. It really feels great seeing them.

“Uncle! I saw you on TV yesterday! You are sooooo cool!” We all laugh at Minha’s cuteness. Our little angel really brings life to this family.

“Really? Then should I bring you with me next time?” Dad asks.

“Can I? Grandpa we should wear that shirt that Mommy have printed for Uncle’s match!”

Dad laughs and nods. “You should ask your Mom first.”

Minha turns to me and looks at me with his puppy dog eyes. “I’m not sure Minha. I might be working on that day.” His face fell and he sighs.

“Don’t worry buddy.” Baekhyun carries him to his shoulder. “Daddy will bring you to watch Uncle.”

“Really? My daddy’s the best!”

The doorbell rings again and I walk to the front door this time. I open it and smiled. I hugged Yeon Hee as tight as I can. I missed her so much. She’s been away for too long.

“Whoa there girl. I haven’t said my greetings yet.”

“I missed you.”

She hugs me and pats my back. “I missed you too.”

“Aunty!”

“Se Ra! Don’t run you might trip again!” Chanyeol exclaimed. I wave at him and he nods shutting his car trunk close.

“Happy birthday Aunty!” I carried Se Ra and she hands me a teddy bear.

“I tried to humor her about gifts for adults but she won’t listen. Chanyeol told her that anything would be great as long as it comes from her heart I didn’t even know my husband has such a soft heart. So she’s giving you a teddy bear.”

I chuckle and took the bear from Se Ra. “Thank you. I love it.”

“Is Se Ra here?” Minha asks as he approach. “You look nice. Mommy loves it when I wear red.”

“My daddy likes me wearing dresses too.” Se Ra replied.

“I think you look lovely in that dress too.”

I chuckle. “I see future romance going in here.” Yeon Hee says.

“She’s just five Yeon. She hasn’t even reached college.” Chanyeol says and I laugh.

“You both make a good pair.” Chanyeol nods in agreement and places his arms around Yeon Hee.

Yeon Hee smiles. “Thanks to you.”

We all headed to the table and I smile seeing all the people that I love. I felt Baekhyun’s hand on mine and I look at him. “Thank you. You got me the best gift ever.”

--

Baekhyun.

I walk to our room and find it empty. “Is she not sleeping yet?”

I walk over to Minha’s room and find her there asleep beside him. I smile. I never thought I can have a family of my own. This perfect family that I’m having. A perfect wife and a perfect son. I walk over to them and kissed Yu An on her cheek. She turns and sees me.

“We should get some sleep now.” I say.

“I must’ve fallen asleep putting him here.”

“Maybe so.” She stares back at Minha and smiles.

“I just love staring at him. He looks a lot like you.”

“Really? But I see you in him though.” She chuckles. I slide on the bed with her and hug her. “Thank you. For giving birth to my son. I will be forever thankful for you.”

She smiles hugging me. “I could say the same to you.” I nod. “We should probably go to our room now. I’m so sleepy.”

I chuckle and help her get up. We walk over to our room and she climbs on the bed. If she thinks her day is over without me giving her a gift of my own then she’s wrong with that. Save the best for last as we say.

I walk over to the bathroom where I have been keeping the lilies I got for her and walk back. “Sleeping yet?” She shakes her head. “Give me a minute okay?”

I help her sit up and she gasps in awe seeing the lilies I got for her. “Oh my god. They’re so beautiful.”

“Happy birthday.” I hand her a necklace and she cries. I chuckle and hold her cheeks. “Yu, I am having troubles giving you gifts because you always cry whenever I do.”

“It’s because I’m too happy..” she hugs me and I laugh because I’m not half way there yet.

“I’m not yet done.” She pulls away from me and I wipe her years. “We should get rid of these tears because I want you to see this properly.” I grab the box from my back and handed it to her. “Here you go.”

She opens the box and cries again. I’m really in a dilemma whenever I give her gifts. I don’t know what to feel whenever I see her cry out of joy. But I should be happy right?

“It’s so pretty..” she hold on to the snowflake pendant and smiles. “But why a snowflake?”

I chuckle at her question reminiscing the day when she got me a necklace with a teardrop pendant. “You got me this before I left back then right?” She takes the necklace that she gave from me and smiles. “I first saw you in winter. You may not notice but I fell for you on first sight.”

“You did?” She sits straight. I love how interested she is in hearing my story. “But I met you first with Chanyeol right? Did you already like me back then?”

I smile and nodded. “Oh my god. That long and I haven’t noticed.”

“Because you liked him more back then more than me.”

She smiled. “But you got my first kiss. I think that’s enough justification. I hold first kisses dear.”

I grab her close hugging her from behind. “I know it’s your day but I want to use it to thank you for everything.” She faces me and hears me out as she holds my hand.

“First of all, thank you for falling in love with me at the time when I thought it was really impossible for me to have you. The first time you told me you love me? God Yu An, you don’t know how happy I am to hear that.” She smiles even more and holds my cheek. I kiss her hand and continue to stare at her.

“Second, thank you for being patient with me, for being strong with me. Those times when we were away from each other too long, those times when it’s really hard for us, thank you for keeping me strong, for letting me feel like I’m not alone and for pushing through with me when it’s hard for you being alone in here.” I kiss her forehead this time.

“Third, thank you for being my wife and for giving birth to my son. I know I have been an annoying father while waiting for him. But you can’t blame me right? He’s so precious to me.” She laughs.

“Fourth, thank you for giving me a perfect family Yu An. I don’t know what else to wish for. Waking up seeing my perfect wife and being with a perfect son who loves me back so much? My life gets better and better each day. And it’s all because of you. Because you’re here with me. With Minha and I. Thank you really. Thank you for letting me see that in your eyes, I’m really the only one that you can see. I love you so much Yu An.”

She hugs me tight and I do too. “I love you too. Thank you too. I’m so speechless right now I don’t even know what to do. You’ve given me so much. I’m so thankful for loving you Baek.”

She pushes me back and this time I kiss her lips. She smiles as we kiss and I lay her carefully on the bed. “You’re my all Yu An.” I whisper looking down at her.

“You are mine too.” She replies brushing her thumb against my cheek. She chuckles and I look at her in confusion.

“What?”

“Your eyes are so clear I can see my reflection right now.”

I smile. “That’s because you’re the only one I see.”

“Yeah, in your eyes.”

“Yours too. You’re staring at me and I can see me too.”

She smiles. “Yes. In my eyes, you’re always be the one that I’ll see.”


Hi everyone!! Thank you for reading this fanfic up to now! I really appreciate it. All your comments and my subscribers, thank you really! I’m currently working on another fic by the way (well yeah, I like to write on my free time so.. hahaha!) hope you guys will like it too ^^ Love y’all!