Chapter 4

In your Eyes

                            Chapter 4                           

Chanyeol.

She’s sleeping. It’s the first period and Yu An’s sleeping.

Well that’s new.

Yu An’s always enthusiastic when it comes to studying. This is the first time I’m seeing her ditch a lesson. She’s got her right arm supporting her chin and her left hand holding a pen pointing on her notebook.

I can say, for an amateur, she’s good at this.

The bell rings and the teacher left. Still, she’s asleep and doesn’t budge. What the hell did she even do last night for her to be even more sleepier than me?

“Yu An?” Joohyuk hyung enters our class and scans the room for Yu An. He spots me and waves. “Channie!”

“I was certain I already told you that I don’t prefer to be called like that.”

He chuckles and ruffles my hair. “Oh? Yu! Just as I thought.” He walks over to where Yu An is and wakes her up. Her eyes flutters and sees her brother.

“Oppa?”

“Hey sleepy head. Let’ s get you to the infirmary okay?”

“Did I-” she didn’t say another word and just followed Hyung.

 

 

“Eh? Yu An’s at the infirmary?” I nod.

Baekhyun and Yeon Hee was assigned to help our teacher earlier so they didn’t know that Hyung took Yu An to the infirmary.

“Is she sick?” Yeon Hee asks.

I hate that I was left alone earlier when she was taken because I have to answer their questions. Damn it.

“I don’t know. Maybe? Yu An’s been sleeping for the whole period.”

“Really? Nam Yu An?”

Exactly my point. Yu An’s a topnotcher even though she’s just starting in our school.

“Maybe it’s because of the midterms? It’s near. Yu An might be studying late at night.”

That made me feel bad for two reasons. First, I don’t stay late at night just to study for exams. My sleep is my outmost priority. Second, I don’t even know that midterms is approaching.

“I’ll go and check on her.” Baekhyun ran and I know that he’s worried. It’s the girl that he likes after all.

“Chanyeol?”

“Yeah?”

“You okay?”

“I guess.”

“Is that so? You look weird though.”

Yes because I feel weird. I don’t know why I am feeling this way. It feels like my feet wants to run and go to the infirmary.

--

Baekhyun.

She’s sleeping.

Yu An’s sleeping soundly and she’s too much for me right now. I sat at the chair beside her and stare. I wonder if she’s really studying too hard? I reach out to put her hair away from her face.

“Don’t force yourself too much Yu An. I’m going to worry.” I whisper. She moves and opened her eyes. “Sorry did I wake you up?!”

She shakes her head. Her eyes look tired. “I’m fine.” She said with a hoarse voice. “Why are you here?”

“I’m just worried. Are you okay?”

“Mm. Sorry for worrying you Baekhyun.”

“No it’s fine really.” I look at her and she feels different than usual. She looks unusually tired today like she can sleep the whole day. “Yu An, don’t overwork yourself okay? It’s not good for you.”

She smiles and nods. “You’re such a nice person.”

“I am?”

“You always look after me and you’ve been so kind. Thank you.”

I smile and caress her hair. “If only you know.”

“Hm? Did you say something?”

“I said I hope you’ll feel better soon.”

She chuckles and nods. “I will be. I’m just tired.”

“Sleep. I’ll stay here until you have fallen asleep.”

“Mm.” She mumbles and closes her eyes.

I think she’s already asleep though. I pat her hands lightly hoping that it will work on her too. Mom usually do this to me back when I was still a kid. I think it’s working though. I flinch and her hand held mine lightly. I look at her and she’s still sleeping.

I smile and held her hand back. I felt hot all of a sudden. I can’t take that she’s right here in front of me comfortable sleeping. My heart is raising for God knows how fast. I think my heart may even beat my record for running faster than me in the track-field.

“How can you sleep comfortably?”

--

Chanyeol.

I’m getting weird.

I ran even faster. Ever since I ran to the infirmary earlier. I’ve been feeling weird. I know that Baekhyun likes her. So why am I feeling weird? It got worse when I saw Baekhyun holding Yu An’s hand earlier.

I ran even faster.

I run until I can get my head clear. I run but it feel like it’s getting even worse. She’s everywhere. She’s appearing everywhere in my head.

“CHANYEOL!”

I stop. I turn and saw Sunbae running after me. “Oh, sunbae.”

“What’s with you? You just run six times and I told you to stop! You rascal…. I… my breath… I was out of breath just by chasing you!!”

“Oh.” I just space out. What the hell is wrong with me?

It feels like my feet wants to go somewhere but I don’t know where. I just can’t stop running.

“You okay?” Baekhyun appears. I’m feeling weird again. “Chanyeol? Are you okay? You run around six times and you’re not even out of your breath.”

“Yeah.” I reply. I turn and walked away.

“Where are you going?”

“Water. I need water.”

I ran to the nearest water fountain and drank some water. I am feeling even worse right now. Something’s wrong with me.

“Chanyeol?”

I am hearing things. I’m hearing her and it’s making me feel like I just heard something that I really needed right now. I stood straight and it’s her. Yu An’s here.

“You’re wasting water you know? You aren’t even drinking.” She chuckles and pushes me away from the drinking fountain.

I need her.

“Yu An.”

“Hm?”

--

Yu An.

I just slept the whole day. I chuckle it’s been a long time since I ditched class. I look at m watch and I guess I better hurry before Yeon Hee gets piled up with all of the work. I make my way downstairs and saw Chanyeol with his mouth on the drinking fountain. Only, he’s not drinking. I laugh.

“Chanyeol?”

He stands and looks at me but he left his foot still stepping on the drinking fountain. I laugh again. “You’re wasting water you know? You aren’t even drinking.”

I hold his hand and pushed him away from the drinking fountain.

“Yu An.”

“Hm?”

He stares at me and I stare back. His face is all wet from the water. I grab my handkerchief and was about to dry his chin when he pulls me close. I felt his arms around me. His head is on my shoulder and he’s hugging my so tight.

“Ch….Chanyeol?!”

My heart is raising so fast and I find it too hard to breathe. What is happening?

“I feel weird.” He says. “Whenever I think of you I feel weird and I don’t even know why.”

“E..Eh?” he steps back and releases me. He stares at me and I think my heart is going to explode any moment now.

“But now I think I’m fine.” He says and runs off.

My knees weaken and I sink on the ground. What just happened?