Chapter 5

In your Eyes

                              Chapter 5                           

Yu An.

When I arrived back from the convenience store. I saw another pair of shoes. Dad’s here. I removed my shoes and hurried to my brother’s room.

It’s empty.

I ran to Dad’s study room and slammed it open. I gasp. He was about to hit Oppa with it again. They both look at me in surprise and I take all of my courage to step inside.

“D..Dad, you’re home?” He clears his throat and went back to his seat. “Oppa, your friend called. He wants to talk to you. Come.”

I grab his hand and take him away. I feel like suffocating. I shut the door close and I think I just forgot how to breathe. “Yu An.”

“He was about to hit you again did he?” I say.

“You’re shaking.” I bit my lower lip. I hate this whenever it happens. Oppa smiles and ruffles my hair. “He was just asking if I am going to competitions again.”

“You can’t even swim!” I exclaimed. My brother’s eyes soften and he looks defeated. I forgot how hurt he was when he found out that he can’t even swim for a while. “I’m sorry…”

He smiles and raised my head up. He looks straight on my eyes and I know he’s just forcing that smile. “I’ll be fine soon. I can almost feel the water on my body!”

“You should be.” I walk back outside and run. I have to clear my head. Tears are crawling to my eyes and it’s blocking my eyesight. I stop and fall on the ground. I find myself crying. I hate this. I really hate this.

I stand and wipe my tears and shut my eyes close for one last time. It stopped. I continue walking and I sat on the bench. I felt tired all of a sudden…

--

Chanyeol.

The weird feeling from my chest went away ever since yesterday. I’m feeling good again today and it made me run for a mile. I am now on my way home and it’s a good thing that my Mom called me that I should be coming back. I almost lost track of time. I stop on my tracks when I saw a familiar face.

“What the hell is she doing?”

I walk closer to Yu An and she’s sleeping.

Why does she sleep so often these past few days? Does she think she’s a princess or something?

“Yu An. Hey wake up.” I nudge her foot but she keep on sleeping. I sat in front of her and look at her. How can she sleep in this bench all alone? “Yu An, hey wak-”

I thought I had my rest earlier. My heart is beating all over again. “Oh!” I grab Yu An before she fell on the ground. She’s so close. I’m feeling weird again. But it’s different from what I am feeling yesterday. Am I sick? Should I get my consultation when I have the time?

“Mm…” Yu An moves against my chest and looks up. “Chanyeol?” She stares up to me and I’m staring down. When did she get this pretty? She gasps and pushes me away making me fall on the bench.

“Ouch! Hey what’s with you!!”

“T..That’s what I should be saying! I was just surprised when you’re hugging me all of a sudden!”

“Huggi- I’m not hugging you.” I reply and wince. She just pushed me too hard. If she’s not a girl I might’ve hit her back damn it! “I was just helping you! You’re about to fall from your sleep you ungrateful girl!”

I stand and pat my back. “How can you even sleep there anyway?”

She looks surprised all of a sudden. “I’m… I’m asleep?”

I eye her weirdly. “You don’t know you’re sleeping? What are you, brainless or something?” She doesn’t reply and she just spaced out. Forget it. I’m leaving her.

“W..Wait.” He grabs me all of a sudden and I’m feeling weird again with her hands on mine. “Y..You’re going back home right? Can I go with you? I’m afraid I might feel drowsy again.”

I stare at her. “W..What?” She flushes.

“Are you on drugs?”

“What?!” she hits me and glares. “I am not! It just happens from time to time!” she replies and walks ahead of me.

“She’s weird.” I say and followed her. She suddenly stops which surprised me. “What now?”

“I want to ask you something.” She clears and looks at me. Is she blushing? I reach over and touched her forehead. She’s hot.

“I think you have a fever Yu An.”

“Wh-Wha-” She steps back. “N..No! That’s not it!”

“It’s not? Then why are you hot and red?”

She flushes even more and bit her lower lip. Now I am feeling weird again. Why is my body reacting to her all of a sudden? “Yu An.”

“Wh..What?”

“Don’t do that.”

“Hm? What?”

I point at her lips. “Don’t do that. It does something to me.”

She stares at me and I think we’re playing a staring game. I’m staring at her back and it makes me feel even worse right now. My body’s reacting to everything that she does. Especially my heart.

“You’re turning red too Chanyeol.”

“I am?” I held my cheek and I am turning hot too. “I’m feeling weird again.”

“Huh?”

Yesterday I stopped feeling weird when I held her. If I do that again, will it stop? Will it make me feel well again?

“Yu An, there’s something that I have to try. So bear with me okay?”

“Chanyeol you’re being vague right now. I don’t understand what you’re saying-”

I pull her close and I felt good again. I feel calm now that I have her close. “Chanyeol?! Wh…What are you doi-”

“It’s gone. It’s not weird anymore.”

“Huh?”

I let her go and walked ahead. I look at the sky and it’s getting darker. “Let’s go. It’s getting darker Yu An.”

--

Yu An.

I stare at myself in the mirror and I am red as an apple. Chanyeol just hugged me twice this day and he acted like nothing happened afterwards! My heart has not stopped beating in an outrageous manner since I got home and it’s driving me crazy.

I roll at the other side of my bed and groaned. Stop beating already!

“Yu! What the hell? I’ve been calling you for a thousand times already!”

I sat up. “Oh you are?”

“What are you doing? You look weird. Look at yourself please.” I stare back at the mirror and I look like a witch. My hair’s all over the place.

“Oppa, I feel weird and it’s driving me crazy.”

“What?!” He looks at me and scans my body. “Did you fall or something?!”

“No. It feel weird here.” I hold my chest and stare at him. “I’m feeling weird.” Now I am sounding like Chanyeol. “It keeps on beating and it doesn’t stop.”

“You, have you been with someone when you felt that for the first time?”

I nod. “Mm. How did you know?”

He chuckles. “You’re not weird Yu An. You like that person do you?”

“Well he is nice.”

“In a romantic way.”

I flush. “R…Romantic w…way?!”

“Mm.” He grins and faces me. “So, who’s the guy?”

“I..I’ll be down in a minute!” I push him out of my room and shut my door close. That can't be right.. is it?