Chapter 11

In your Eyes

                             Chapter 11                           

Yu An.


Today marks the day of the winter ball! I'm really excited for this day. There will be a lot of food stalls and different booths from classes. Yeon Hee and I agreed that we will check it out later.

"Wah~ you look great Yu An! You're so cute in that maid outfit!" Yeon Hee says.

"You think so?" I glance at my reflection on the mirror and smiled. The costumes are really great.

"WAH! NO NO NO! I AGREED TO WEAR THE OUTFIT BUT FREAKING HELL NO FOR THE MAKE UP!"

We looked at the next room and saw Baekhyun complaining with a bunch of girls around him holding make-up, hair curlers and lipsticks. I chuckle. He does look cute but he's still a guy.

"But Baekhyun..."

"Put that on me and I'll take these off!" I laughed.

"I think that should be enough for Baekhyun girls. We should be glad that he at least agreed to the clothes right?" I say.

"Yu An.." Baekhyun looks at me with his puppy eyes.

"Well I guess so.."

The girls gave up and left Baekhyun alone. He approached me and sighs in relief. "Thank you!"

"It's nothing. It must be hard for you, going around looking like that."

"Well he'll attract male customers-"

"YEON HEE!" Baekhyun pouts. "Not in front of Yu An.."

I flush. I remembered yesterday that Baekhyun said that he doesn't want to look like a girl to me. But he doesn't have to worry about that though. He's a guy to me and I never saw him as a girl.

"You look great.. Yu An.."

"Mm. Thank you.."

"Hmmm.." Yeon Hee hummed and stared. "I sense something fishy with the two of you."

"Well, I confessed to Yu An."

"Baekhyun!" "Oh!" Yeon Hee and I said in unison. How can he say that so easily?!

I suddenly heard utensils falling from behind. "Oh, Chanyeol! Are you okay? You look surprised."

"Yeah I'm fine." Chanyeol glanced at me and I look at him. Is he okay? I walk over to help him.

"Let me help-" he brushed my hand away and shook his head.

"I can do it. Go back there. I don't need your help."

"A...Alright." I stand and walked away from him. What's the matter all of a sudden? We're getting along well these past few weeks. What's with the sudden coldness?


--

Baekhyun.

It's getting more and more annoying. I appreciate that people go to our cafe.. BUT NOT BECAUSE OF ME ATTRACTING GUYS. I sigh and grabbed the paper and pen to take their order.

"That's one strawberry cake and two mocha frappes right?" I say.

"Yes." The guy replied. "You're so adorable Baekhyun~"

"Damn it captain! Can you please stop? I'm being humiliated the whole day!"

"Alright alright I'll stop!" He laughs holding his stomach. It's a pleasure to make him laugh. "But you're so adorable."

"STOP IT ALRIGHT?!" I sigh in defeat and handed the order to Chanyeol. "Here.." I get that I'm humiliated and I have a right to be drained. But this guy right here, what's up with him?

"Hey Chan. That's the wrong cake. Those idiots wanted the strawberry one."

"Oh, right." Chanyeol grabs the strawberry cake instead of the cheesecake.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just.." he looks at me and sighs. "Can I ask you something."

"Mm. Go ahead."

"Did.. Did you really confess? To Yu An I mean."

"Oh that?" I chuckled in embarrassment. I remembered it again. "Yeah. I kissed her too because I snapped."

"Wha-"

"Woah there Chan! You okay?!" I hurried to the other side and grabbed the knife that Chanyeol dropped.

"I...I have to go for a while." He says and leaves.

"Oh. Okay." I filled his spot while he's gone. I guess he's tired for standing here non-stop.

--

Yu An.

"Thank you! Please come again!" I say and started cleaning the table that was used earlier.

The idea of doing a cafe is really fun and everybody enjoying it too because a lot of customers are really coming. I think Baekhyun's cross-dressing really is a big factor because there are a lot of guy customers while the girls are taking pictures with him.

"Oh-" Chanyeol looks at me surprised when he bumps at me. It looks like he's spacing out though. "Chanyeol, are you-"

"Don't touch me!" I gasp in surprise. I tried to catch up with him but he's too fast for me to chase. I guess he's a real track and field athlete.

"I wonder if he's okay?"

--

Chanyeol.

I've been acting weird again. I'm so pissed whenever I see Yu An and I keep on being curious on how she responded when Baekhyun told her that he likes her. Everything is so twisted right now. What am I doing really? Am I getting pissed over something simple as that? But why?

"Chanyeol!" Yu An called as she struggled on the crowd. "Sorry!" She says and continued walking towards me.

I sigh and grabbed her out from the crowd. "You can never do anything by yourself can you?"

She chuckles. "Sorry."

"What are you doing anyway?"

"I came after you."

"Why?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"Mad? Me?" Oh that's right. I accidentally glared at her earlier. "I'm not. It's just me. Don't worry I'll figure it out why am I like this." I was about to walk away from her when she grabbed the hem of my clothes. "Yu A-"

"You're not mad right?"

I want to hug her.

I want her close.

Ah. Now I get it.

I am looking at her and even with the entire crowd around us, she's the only one that I can see right now.

In my eyes, I can only see her.

I like her. I like Yu An but I can't.

--

Yu An.

In the afternoon, a mini small festival was held in preparation for the grand ball in the evening. I will take part in the sack race and surprisingly, I made it. Baekhyun and Yeon Hee joined the relay race and of course, they won. Chanyeol? He was forbidden to join that relay because he's over qualified as they say. He made it on the “bring me game” though, where he can still run.

"Hm, I wonder if that guy's going to be okay." Yeon Hee says.

"I'm positive that we'll win this. Chanyeol is fast isn't he?" I added.

"Yes. Let's just hope that frogs aren't on the paper that he'll get." Baekhyun added. Yeon Hee and I were surprised. So Chanyeol gets scared too huh?

"What the hell?" Yeon Hee laughs hard. "Oh my god he's more girly than I am! I chase after frogs when I was young because I was told that they happen to be my prince in disguise."

This time Baekhyun and I laughed. "You really believed that?"

"There's no harm in trying Yu An." She replied.

We heard a whistle and everyone assembled in their places. Chanyeol is getting fired up just by looking at his stance. Guess we'll win this after all huh?

"Go!"

The players ran to where the boxes are and grab something. We all looked at Chanyeol and watch him. Then he's making his way to where we are.

"Is he going this way?"

"I think so." Baekhyun replied.

He's walking closer.

Closer.

Even more closer.

Then he grabs me.

"Let's go." He say.

"Huh? What did you get?"

"I am not obliged to tell you that I think." He replied. "Now let's go. I don't want to lose this."

I chuckle. He's really in high spirits isn't he? I take his hand and we make our way to the panel. He hands the paper to the host and then it was handed to the panel.

"Don't. Just read it and that's it. I'm first so we won right?" He said.

"Uh, yes. But the audience would really like to know what yours was."

"What is it Chany-" when I look at him, he's flushing. It's the first time that I saw him like this. "Are you okay?"

"Y..Yes. It's over isn't it?"

"Yes. You may go back to your team."

"Let's go Yu An!" He walks ahead to me and I can see the panel smiling at me. I wonder what he got.

--

Baekhyun.

The results are out and our class won first place for the winter ball's sports competition. It got Chanyeol in high spirits because he really likes winning.

"Baekhyun! I left the trash on the panel table. Can you get them for me?"

"Okay!"

I head to the panel table and found small pieces of paper. I think it was used on the "bring me event" earlier. I grab the papers and read some in curiosity. I laugh at some of them.

"Someone fat, the strongest person, someone blonde as the corn hair?!" I laughed so hard on that. But what I got next took my laugh away. "Hm? Person that you like." I put the paper on the trash and came to a thought. "What did Chanyeol get earlier?"

I keep getting the hunch that this might be what he got earlier but I really am hoping it's not.

"Baekhyun, Dong Goo asked for the trash. You done yet?" Chanyeol asks.

"I'm done." I smiled and replied.

I want to ask.

I can't.

But I still want to know. No matter what he is going to say.

"Chan, what did you get earlier?"

He stops on his tracks and looks at me. "Can I not tell you that?"

"I want to know." I know him. He doesn't lie to me which is why he is asking if he can tell me or not. I want to know as hell what that is. "Tell me."

He stares but he's still not talking. It's getting there. "You read it all don't you?"

"Mm."

"Then you probably know what I got."

I shake my head. "No. I want to hear it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Definitely."

He walks closer to me and took the paper that I am holding on my right hand. He opens it and showed it to me. "The person you like."

Curiosity kills the cat.