Chapter 12

In your Eyes

                             Chapter 12                          

Yu An.

At the evening of our long day, Yeon Hee and I arrived at the Winter ball without Chanyeol and Baekhyun. She said it will be better if we surprise them with our outfits which makes me wonder what she's planning. I really like her dress more than me though. She really looks elegant on her beige dress. She picked the purple pastel dress for me. She said I look good on skirts and dresses that are flower-like style.

"Wow." We both turn and saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol. I think my heart just skipped a bit looking at them. They're just so stunning right now. I look at Chanyeol and he's staring right back at me.

"Oh my, and when we're planning on appearing in time of the dance. You both found us so fast." Yeon Hee chuckles. "So? How do we look?"

"Beautiful." I flush at Chanyeol's remark because I can see that he's looking at me. I really don't want to assume that he's saying that to me though. That will be bad because he asked me to forget that I even confessed to him.

"Hear that?" Yeon Hee whispered and I flushed. I think I am as red as an apple right now. I need air to breathe because I am having a hard time doing it right now. Too much tension.

We hear the music started to play and couples started to assemble around the bonfire. "Yu An, care to dance with me?"

"Um... sure." I take Baekhyun's hand and he leads me to the crowd. I'm really nervous right now. He's starting to take effect on me too. I'm really confused why I am reacting to him the same way as how I was whenever I am with Chanyeol.

Everyone is getting in the mood. Me, Baekhyun, we're dancing around the bonfire. It feels like we're the only one dancing in here. He's staring at me so hard and I'm getting too conscious. I don't know where to look.

"Is it uncomfortable?" He asks.

"What is?"

"Me dancing with you."

"Ah, no it's not that. I don't hate it." I say. "It's just.."

"Just?" I think he knows what I'm going to say next because he's looking at as he smiles. As if he's anticipating.

"I'm getting too nervous." He smiles satisfied. "You know that I'm going to say that don't you?"

"I want it to come from you." He replies. "Yu An."

"What?"

"I like you more today."

I flush. Why does he always say a lot of embarrassing things? "Stop Baekhyun."

He chuckles. "Sorry. I'm liking it too much. Having your heart react on me."

"What do you even like about me?"

He smiles as he spins me around. The music stops and he holds me close. His right hand on my waist and his left hand on my cheek. "Everything. Your flaws and your perfection."

--

Chanyeol.

He's holding her too close. I can't help but feel bad against it. I look away and try to distract myself but it's not working. This is harder than I expected. I thought I may get through this since this is Baekhyun and her.

Them.

That's what makes it difficult.

They're both precious to me. How can I just sit here and do nothing? That's odd.

"Dance with me tall guy."

I look on my left and saw Yeon Hee staring at them with her drink on . I guess I'm wrong. She's not staring at them. She's staring at him. Baekhyun.

I know it because the way she looks at him looks exactly the same as how I look at Yu An.

"Let's go." I stand and she chuckles. We make our way close to the bonfire and started to dance as the second song started to play.

"You're supposed to hold my waist Chan. Like this." She placed my hand on her waist and the other on her shoulder. "Look at me and smile. Sweet right?"

"Are you that upset that he didn't ask you for the first dance?" I say.

She smirks and laughs. "I can say the same at you. Why did you not ask her?"

"Judging from the situation, I think you know by now why I'm doing this."

"We're so twisted right?"

I chuckle. "Very."

--

Yu An.

They're both dancing together and I can't help but to feel bad. Why are they both so happy? Is Yeon Hee that person? Chanyeol's person?

I felt Baekhyun stop and I realized, the second song ended. Did I just stare at them for the whole time? I look at Baekhyun and he's looking at me bitterly but he's still smiling.

"That's not fair. You just looked at him the whole time."

I don't know what to say. I've hurt him again. "I'm sorry."

"Yu An, I'm just joking-"

"I..I'll be out for a walk! I'll be back when it's dining time!"

I'm the worst. Even though Baekhyun's having fun too. I ruined the mood.

--

Baekhyun.

Even though I danced with her, she's staring at Chanyeol the whole time that she's with me. That's just unfair. I chuckle and watch her leave. It's always like this. I'm always the one watching her leave and Chanyeol's the one watching her run to him.

"Ah.." I wince. I suddenly feel pain in my head. I open my eyes and shake my head to get rid of the sensation. I look around and my vision's been quite a blur.

"Baek? You alright?" I hear someone but I can't look at her properly. The pain is taking over my consciousness. It really hurts. "Baekhyun!"

"Ah, Yeon... Hee?"

--

Yeon Hee.

"Baekhyun!" I help him sit up but he's getting pale. I started to panic and called a teacher. He's been wincing in pain. We make our way to the infirmary as the teacher places him on the bed.

I held his hand as he cry in pain. "Baekhyun.."

"I've called the ambulance. Can you go with him Yeon Hee? I'll contact his parents and go afterwards."

"Yes." I nod.

After a while, the paramedic came in and took Baekhyun in the ambulance. I follow inside and held his hand. "Hey Baek? You're going to be fine. Just hold on to my hand okay?"

"It... hurts... the pain's killing me.. Yeon Hee.."

It's killing me too Baekhyun. Seeing you in pain. I can feel the ambulance getting faster but I don't think it's fast enough to ease Baekhyun's pain.

After a while, we arrived the hospital. They took him at the emergency room and all I can do is watch, then wait. This is killing me. I can't sit still. I can't think straight. He'll be okay right? He should be.

--

Chanyeol.

It's noisy everywhere. I want to be alone. I've been all weird all day and I want to see Yu An. So I search for her.

"Yu An?!"

I scan the place for Yu An but I don't see her anywhere. I run to the front of the school but she's not there too so I thought of trying inside.

"Yu An?" I called.

I continued walking to the second floor and saw Yu An sobbing on her desk. My heart sank at the sight of her. I walk closer and pat her head. She looks up and I smiled at her.

"Oh!"

"You- Did you just stop crying all of a sudden?"

"Chanyeol you smiled!"

I chuckle. "Seriously? That's the first thing that you're gonna say after all the trouble that you caused me for looking for you?"

"You.. looked for me?"

"Mm." I replied sitting on my seat in front of her.

"I see." She turns red and smiles. I'm glad she's smiling now.

"I'm glad you're not crying anymore." I say while caressing her hair. She rested her chin on her arm and stares at me. I don't avoid her stare. I just stare back.

"I can't like you. We can't do this. Baekhyun will get hurt and you can't be with me."

"I know. Do you not think this is hard for me right now?"

"What do you mean?" She sits straight but freezes as soon as my hand meets her cheek.

I'm sorry Baekhyun. But I don't think I can hold back anymore.

Her eyes were locked with mine. I can hear all the noise with people cheering and laughing downstairs at the ball. I can see lights on her eyes.

But in my eyes, all I see is Yu An.

"Didn't Yeon Hee asked earlier how you looked?" She nods. Eyes still locked with mine. "I'll tell you again. How you look."

"What?"

"You look beautiful." Fireworks started to appear and I can see it through her eyes. She flushes and she's even more beautiful seeing how she reacts towards me.

She stands and gets up from her sit. As soon as my hand lost contact with her skin, my heart sank. I know where this is going but I have no plans on giving up now.

She turns away from me and she's leaving. "I know I asked you to forget. I'm sorry. But ever since that day, I like-"

"Don't say it." She turns and now she's crying. "Don't make it harder for me.. for us. You know we can't Chanyeol. It's hard. You're both precious to me. I know how you both feel towards me now and I know you do too. It will never be easy. Just please... can't we just both do as what we're doing right now? Let's just forget.."

"What if I can't?"

"Chanyeol.." she's crying so hard right now and I hate that. I want her to smile for me. Not to cry hard.

"I've been doing it. Playing stupid all the time. You think he's not important to me too? He is Yu An! He is so damn ing important to me! You both are! And that's what makes it hard!"

She's sobbing and I wipe her tears. They're flowing non-stop. I bit my lip in frustration. "You know what's even harder? Seeing you cry right now. And I know that I'm the reason. Why you're going through a hard time. I'm sorry but I can't hold back anymore. I'll make you look at me even if it's the last thing I'll do."

I lean close and kissed her. She gasps in surprise. She's not moving and she's frozen on her spot. I hold her close and she grips on me. She's pushing me.

She's resisting.

But I don't let go. I don't want to. Because if I do right now, I know she'll disappear right in front of me.

She continues to sob and I can taste tears as I kiss her. As we kiss. She's kissing me back. But this is too damn painful.

She pulls back and looks at me in my eyes. She's looking at me. Her hand on my cheek. "We have to stop this.."

"Yeah." I reply and kissed her again.

I make her sit on the table and she holds on to me. She's shaking. She's afraid where this might take us. I'm afraid too. Afraid that I might lose them both in this gamble.

We both froze at the sound of the buzz on my phone. We stop kissing each other but don't let go. Our eyes both closed. Because the moment we open them, we're going back to reality.

"You...You should look at that." She stands away from me but I grab her hand.

"Not too far." I say and pull her close.

I open my phone and I began to freeze at the message from Yeon Hee.

Chanyeol, please go to the hospital. Baekhyun's been brought here. I think he might need you when he wakes up.

--

Baekhyun.

When I open my eyes, the light struck. I tried to lift my hand but it seems heavy. Like someone's holding it tight. I look down and saw Yu An holding mine. I sit up and gasped in surprise. Why is she here?!

"Baekhyun?" She scratches her eyes and flashes a smile.

Damn that smile.

"Yu An? What are you doing here?"

She chuckles and sits up. "You fainted. Yeon Hee called us and we rushed here. We're waiting for the results of the tests done to you."

"I see." I scan the room and it's only the two of us in the room. "Where are the others?"

"Chanyeol is waiting for the results and Yeon Hee is waiting for your Mom at the lobby."

"Oh."

"Baekhyun? Are you really okay? Nothing's wrong right? Yeon Hee told me how you looked pained earlier. She's crying hard when we got here."

I never expected Yeon Hee to worry that much about me. Given that she cried. Maybe she's not the person as I expected her to be. A strong and determined one.

I look at Yu An and she's looking at me in worry. I smile and pinched her cheek playfully. "I'm fine Yu An. But I like it that you're worrying about me."

"I'm serious. Please don't be sick Baekhyun.."

I nod. "I won't."

The door opens and my mom enters. "Baekhyun!! Oh my god honey are you alright?"

I chuckle. "Yes mom. I'm fine now."

"Doctor's here." Chanyeol enters together with the doctor and they both walked closer to us.

"Are you the patient's mother?"

"Yes I am. How is he?"

"Can I speak to you in private?"

"Yes." Mom replied but I don't like the feeling of talking in private.

"Um.. I should have a right to know too right? You both can just talk here. Don't worry about them, they're my friends." I say. The doctor is having second thoughts as what I can see in his face.

"Alright. I would first like to ask, are you taking any medicine right now? Like pain relievers?"

"No." I chuckle. "I don't think there's a necessity for that."

This time, he looks shocked and hell I am not liking it. "I see. This is the reason why I asked to speak in private."

He places the plate on the board and the light. I don't understand anything but one thing's clear. I think something's wrong with me.

"This," he shows us a picture on the iPad that he's carrying. "Is a normal image of a brain in a CT Scan. This is yours Baekhyun."

"T..There's something there." Yeon Hee said.

"Yes. Baekhyun, you have a brain tumor."