Chapter 10

In your Eyes

                           Chapter 10                           

Chanyeol.

"Oh you're back?" I shut the door close and stare. Why is she here? I glanced at the calendar pinned on the front door and looked back. "Don't stare at me like that. Can't I be at my own house dear?"

"Ah no. I'm just surprised that you're suddenly here Mom."

She smiles as she removes her apron. "The recording finished earlier as I expected it to be." She looks at me closer and touched my cheeks. "Are you okay? You look pale."

I wanted to tell her. I wanted to tell her everything that I found out about Yu An because it's taking me back seven years ago. I don't want it to happen again. But if I do tell her, Mom will get hurt again. I don't want her to remind of the past again. It's been hard for both of us and we only have each other right now.

"Alright then. Hurry up and get changed. I've cooked dinner so come down when you’re finished."

I nod and head up to my room. I shut my door close and I'm feeling it again. I went out and head to her room. It's so empty. It's so empty that I wish that it didn't happen.

--

Yu An.

I wake up next morning with Baekhyun waiting for me. He saw me when I got out of the house and waved.

"Good Morning." He greeted.

"You sound like you're in a good mood today." I replied.

He smiles. "Mm. Because today I will be starting to work hard for you to notice me." I stop on my tracks in surprise as I look at him. "I cheated Yu An. I told Chanyeol that I will be walking with you to school this morning."

"D..Does he know how you feel about me?"

"Mm."

"I see."

I reply. I don't say anything but we both continued walking. Why is he working hard for me? I really don't understand.

"Baekhyun."

"Yes?"

"I'm not saying this because of our situation but I won't do any good to you. If you get any more closer to me I will only cause you harm. You're a special friend to me Baekhyun and I really don't want to harm you."

He looks at me confused. "I don't understand."

"I.. I can't tell you now because everything is still in a mess for me. It's really hard. And please don't ask about it. I promise I will tell you if I'm ready. Also," I mustered every courage that I have to come up with this. "I don't have any plans on telling Chanyeol how I feel about him because it will only cause him harm too."

"Yu An-"

"Just help me to keep things as they are right now okay? I want to protect those who are special to me."

He inhales then exhales afterward. By the look on his face, I know that he's worried about me and I know how he feels towards me. But I have to keep them safe but keep them away from me as much as I can. I don't think I can afford to lose someone in my life again.



I've been continuing going to the doctor once a week and it's going well for me. I want to take a chance to thank Chanyeol but he seems to be busy whenever I try. It seems that he accepted the scholarship given to them for college.

"Oh."

"Oh. Hey." He approached me and helps me carry the boxes that we will be needing for our classroom.

The winter ball is approaching and our class decided to have a cafe. I think it would be fun too.

"I heard you accepted the scholarship?"

"Oh, yeah. I wanted to go after all."

"I see." I reply. We both haven't talk in a while since they are practicing hard for the upcoming preliminaries.

"Say, Yu An."

"Hm?"

"I uh-"

"Chanyeol! Yu An! Are those the boxes that we need?" I looked up and saw one of our classmate.

"Oh, yes! We'll be there in a minute!"

"Thank you!"

I turn and face Chanyeol. "You were saying?"

"Nothing. Never mind that. Let's go."

"Okay."

We walk upstairs and saw that our teacher came back from the gate so we stopped to greet her. "Oh, have you been out Ms. Choi?"

"Ah yes. I just finished touring our new student earlier. He will be attending our class starting tomorrow."

"Oh, new student when the first term is almost over?"

"Yes. It seems that they just moved around here."

"Is that so?"

"We should go Yu An." Chanyeol says.

"Oh that's right! We'll see you later then Ms. Choi!"




After the day ends, we're almost half finished designing our classroom for the winter ball and the scores are out for the midterms. Good news is, I got the first place so that should do it. I sigh in relief and my brother got first as well.

"That's great Yu An! You and your brother got first." Yeon Hee says.

"Mm."

"That's good." Chanyeol says and I know what he's thinking. I smiled and nod.

"Alright~ now it's only the winter ball left and we're off to vacation!!"

"Mm! Why don't we all go out for Chanyeol's birthday huh?" Baekhyun says.

"Birthday?" Now that he brought that up, come to think of it, I don't know all of their birthdays. And to think that Chanyeol's is coming up. "When's yours?"

"27th."

"Oh. Then I should think of a gift for you then."

"You don't have to bother. I don't like parties. That guy's the only one having fun whenever I have my birthday." He said pointing at Baekhyun.

"Then, this year will be different!" I say. I guess this is my opportunity to thank Chanyeol for all of the things that he's given to me. "Guys! Let's make this year’s special for Chanyeol!"

"Mm!" Baekhyun and Yeon Hee replied.



The next day Baekhyun and I walked to school together and we talked about all the possible gifts that Chanyeol would like. I think I'm getting an idea of what to give him. We headed to the classroom to continue decorating for the cafe and I guess we're too early so we decided to start up ahead.

Baekhyun continued on painting the signs while I do sew the mantles for the tables. "We're almost done huh?" He says scanning the place.

"Mm! We just need to assemble everything and we're done. I'm excited for the winter ball. I can't wait to see everything."

"Right?" Baekhyun says and then his face softens. "Yu An."

"Hm?"

"Will you dance at the ball with me?"

I flushed. With his face looking serious like that, I can't help but to be nervous. I know he said that he will try to act like it never happened but he still does something to me. I can't just easily forget what happened.

"Do you not want to?"

"Ah no! I'm just... surprised. I didn't expect for you to ask me.."

"If he asked you, will you dance with him?"

"Who?"

"Chanyeol."

I froze. What will I do if he asks me? I know Chanyeol has someone that he likes already and the thought of that makes me very uneasy when I'm with him. I can say I'm quite disappointed that I'm not that person.

"That won't happen anyway." I said and faked a laugh. Baekhyun drops the paintbrush that he's holding and looks at me.

"I'm sorry. I already promised you that I'll act like I never did that but I can't. I didn't expect that I fell for you that hard Yu An. I thought that I'll get over you but I can't. I like you too much."

I think my heart is racing like crazy now. His words do have an intense effect on me. I know that he likes me but not this much. And how can he say that so easily?

He smiles. "I won't give up after all. I'll wait until I'm the only one that you'll see Yu An. The I'll be the only one in your eyes." When his hand touches my cheek I felt hot all pf a sudden. Baekhyun's so bold right now and I feel so weak I can't even say anything.

I think my heart is even reacting the same way it reacts with Chanyeol.

--

Baekhyun.

Yu An agreed to dance at the ball with me and I felt like this must be the feeling that Prince Charming had when Cinderella agreed to dance with him at the ball. I guess he's the happiest man on earth when that happened.

Everything's perfect.

Everything.

Except for one thing.

I AM DRESSED AS A GIRL.

"WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO DRESS LIKE THIS FOR TOMORROW'S EVENT?!" I exclaimed. The girls have agreed that there should be an eye candy in our class for us to attract customers.

I understand that. BUT WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THAT WHY DO I HAVE TO CROSS DRESS?!

"The crowd liked it when you were dressed as a girl Baekhyun! Like last year, a lot of boys came because of that!"

"BUT THAT WAS AN EMERGENCY!"

Let me clear that up. Last year, what we all agreed to do is to have a play. The heroine of the play was caught in a jail booth when we were all looking for her. I was just assigned for the props because they said that I am not fit for the role of the prince. But then all eyes are on me when they are looking for someone who will play the role of the princess. And in the end, I played freaking Snow White.

"We don't have to force Baekhyun if he doesn't want to." Yu An says. "But you look pretty Baekhyun. Can I take a photo of you?"

"Chanyeol!!! Yu An's enjoying this! I can't even take it anymore! Not in front of her!"

Chanyeol isn't saying anything and is just staring at me. I bet he's enjoying this too!

"I agree with them Baek. But I think he will look great when his hair is a little more curly?"

"CHANYEOL!"

"Is that so? Well we I can curl the wig tonight. Oh that's right! Chanyeol wear this!"

"Thanks." I gasped. They gave him the suit AND I'M IN A DRESS. WHAT THE FREAKING HELL IS THIS?!

After setting up, I dressed back to my uniform and headed to where the others are. I want to go home already after that big humiliation. I don't think Yu An sees me as a guy anymore. I bet Chanyeol's more manlier than me in her eyes.

"Baekhyun!" Yu An waved.

"Hm? Where are the others?"

"Oh, Chanyeol says he will go on ahead because his Mom asked for something. Yeon Hee has student council duties."

"Oh," so that leaves her and me. Oh what do you know, humiliation bears chances. Yu An looks at me and stares. "What's wrong?"

"Are you okay now? I think you had too much back there."

And when I don't even want to bring that up anymore. I sigh and we started walking. "Yu An, do I look like a girl to you?"

"Earlier yes. You indeed look pretty Beakhyun. I got a little held back." She chuckles.

"I knew it..."

"Oh but don't worry! I still see you as a guy dressed as a girl so I won't be fooled. You just looked cute back there-"

"Stop it already!" I bit my lip on frustration.

"B..Baekhyun? I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"I'm fine with them seeing me as a girl. But I'm never fine with you seeing me as one. I only want you to see me as a guy."

She blushes and I realized I just snapped again. "B.. Baekhyun... you're too close.. I.."

I quickly got off her and cleared my throat. I did something embarrassing again. "Sorry.."

"No.. I should be. But I honestly don't see you as a girl now Baekhyun.. If you're still thinking about it. You're cool and handsome as you are." Oh god don't stare Yu An. You're being too much for me to handle and I'm feeling that I'm being tested.

"Look away.."

"Hm?"

"Please look away for a while Yu An. I'm so embarrassed right now and I think I won't be able to control myself again.."

"Wha-" she turns red too and looks away.

I really have to learn how to control myself. These days, I am having trust issues and I don't even trust myself to begin with. This is definitely bad.