Chapter 1

In your Eyes

                        Chapter 1.                         

Chanyeol.

People always say the same stereotype with girls and boys. Guys always think about a number of times a day. Girls think about love and sweet things.

But I guess it’s different with me.

To me, track field is everything. Whenever I run, unnecessary thoughts fly away. I feel relaxed, I feel free. I feel like I can think about all the positive things that I can think of whenever I run.

“CHANYEOLLLLLL!!!” My door slams open just when I just finished dressing up. Baekhyun appears. “Guess what? There’s a girl who just moved in today! Check it out!”

He runs to my veranda and opens it. Chills immediately crawled to me. He walks back to me and pulled me towards the edge. A girl walks out from the door and stops to lock it.

“She’s a beauty right?” he asks.

“I guess so.” I replied. I go back inside and grabbed my bag and coat on the closet and shut it close afterwards.

“You guess?!” I hear footsteps catching up with me downstairs. I sat on the staircase and put my shoes on when Baekhyun sat in front of me. “She’s so elegantly beautiful!”

I sigh and shake my head walking pass through him. He’s always been so loud and it’s been a while since he’s been in love. I guess here it goes again.

We make our way out as he continue to nag about the girl when…

“Um, excuse me,” I look at Baekhyun and he’s frozen as I expected. “Can I ask if you go to Meirin High?”

I stare at Baekhyun. “Aren’t you going to answer her?” I say. I will stay out of this as much as possible. I hate communicating.

“Oh!” He flinches. “Y…Yes we do!”

I chuckle because he sounds so tense. I adjusted my bag when I felt it was coming loose and continued watching him.

“I…If it’s not a bother, can I go with you? Oh don’t worry it’s just for today. I am actually new here and I just transferred.”

“Sure!” He answered but I can tell he sounded too delighted but I guess the girl can’t tell. She’s slightly dense to see that Baekhyun is actually attracted to her.

“Thank you very much.” The girl smiled. I’ll be honest, I was taken back. She was… slightly cute. “Oh, I am Nam Yu An by the way.”

“B..Baekhyun! Byun Baekhyun.” The girl says it was nice to meet him and shakes her hand. She smiles and shifted her look at me.

“What?” I say.

“Your name!” Baekhyun whispered loudly.

I sigh. Why am I in this too? “Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”

“Oh, nice to meet you both!”

“Mm! Nice to meet you too! I hope we become good friends from now on!”

“What? Friends?”

Before I can say something, Baekhyun grabs my hand and hers. We all shared a handshake. I can’t believe this oddity. I am actually friends with someone other than Baekhyun. The girl seem to be quite touched by it though.

“Thank you.” She said softly.

“Huh?” I look at her weirdly. What is there to be thankful for with shaking hands?

“I was actually hesitating on asking you both earlier. I’m really not good in conversations,” well here’s one just like me. “But I’m glad I did! I even made friends with you both.” She smiles.

“We’re glad you did too!” Baekhyun says.

“We?” I add and Baekhyun glares.

“We’ll be your friend from now on Yu An!”

 

--

 

Yu An.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were certainly good to me and it turns out I made another friend. She’s Yeon Hee and she likes reading as much as I do.

“Guys! I was told that the teacher’s not around so it’s self-study for us!”

“Oh yeah!”

The class cheered and I smiled. I guess they’re glad that the teacher’s not here.

“Oh man, he disappeared quite quickly again huh?” Baekhyun says looking at Chanyeol’s seat.

“I guess he’s there again.” Yeon Hee added.

“There?” I ask.

Baekhyun grins and pulls me up. “Mm! The track field!”

We three run downstairs and make our way to the track field. I was unsure at first because I’ve never ditched self-study before. I guess even my brother will be shocked if I tell him that I did this.

We reached the track field and there he is. Chanyeol is running. So he was into running huh? I smile as I look at him. It looks like each and every one of us has something to be interested for huh?

“He looks cool right?” Yeon Hee nudged and I flushed.

“Well he does look cool but I think he’s too quiet. I wanted to be closer to him and he’s making it hard for me. I think he doesn’t like me.” I reply.

“Chanyeol loves running. We actually met because of track field. He was usually grumpy at first but I got used to it and we both grew closer.” Baekhyun says. “Don’t worry, he’ll eventually talk to you!”

“I hope so.” I reply. Baekhyun’s such a nice person. He makes it easier for me to adjust.

Chanyeol continues running for a few minutes and spotted Baekhyun. He stops and walks over to him. “Nice! You’re getting faster and faster Chan!” he hands a bottle of water to Chanyeol and he takes it but doesn’t say anything, Instead, he looks at me then continues drinking his water.

Is my existence really that toxic to him?

“Oh, I told them to go with me since you left me and ran in here.”

“I never told you to come.” He said.

“Well I wanted to geez.” Baekhyun replied.

“Don’t make me feel indebted with your presence.” He walks away and grabs his bag.

“I’ll be waiting here~” Baekhyun replied.

Isn’t he too much? Baekhyun just wanted to watch and he talks like Baekhyun’s a burden.

“W..Wait.” I called. Yu An why are you doing this? You shouldn’t meddle with them!

Chanyeol stops and looks back. “What?”

“Um, Baekhyun just want you to have company. You don’t have to be mean to him.”

He stares at me and walks closer. He’s so close. “What’s your name again?”

He forgot? “Y..Yu An.”

“Oh.” He replied. “I didn’t ask for it. He’s the one who did it. You don’t have to meddle with other people’s business. As much as possible, I keep my circle minimal.”

He walks away and I am frozen. He definitely does not like me. I am positive of that.

 

 

At lunch, I was actually hesitating not to go with Baekhyun when he asked Yeon Hee and me because Chanyeol, definitely hates my presence but he insisted so we ended up here. I ended up here with Chanyeol glaring at me and I think I am staring at the grim reaper like I just asked for my death.

“Why are they here?” he asks.

Apparently, his question of why are they here feels like why is she here to me.

“I asked them. They’re our friends!”

“I have no reference of them being labeled as one.” Chanyeol replied.

“Oh come on Yeollie~ Why are you being such a grump?”

“Y..Yeollie?” he seems unsatisfied with the nickname that Yeon Hee gave him just now. It looks like Yeon Hee made it to his blacklist too. He sighs deeply and leans on the wall. “I will ignore their presence just because you asked them here.”

He opens his lunch and started eating. I stare at his and it’s sandwich. That’s his lunch? Will he even be full of that?

“Is it sandwich again? Is Auntie not around again?” Baekhyun asked.

“She’s not arriving until next month.” He replied so he’s alone at home? I wonder how that’s like. Being alone at home and not being told of what to do.

“Eh, here share mine! Mom cooked a lot for me today!” He hands another pair of chopsticks to Chanyeol and I smile. I don’t think his mom cooked only for him. judging by how close they are, I think Baekhyun’s lunch is like that because he expected this to happen.

 

After lunch, I decided to go and get myself something nice to drink. Mom packed too much healthy food for me today. I was on my way back to the classroom when I saw the cherry blossom tree on full bloom and I guess I was lured by it. I stare at it as I drink my juice.

“It’s incredibly pretty.” I say in awe.

“NAM YU AN WATCH OUT!! THE POT’S FALLING!” I look up and there is definitely one falling. The next thing I know is I am on the ground with Chanyeol on top of me.

“C..Chanyeol?”

He sits up and winced. He’s damn bleeding. I gasped. “You are warned by him why didn’t you move?”

“O..Oh my goodness Chanyeol you’re bleeding!!”

I grab my handkerchief and pressed it on his temple. My hands are shaking in fear. Someone got hurt because of me again. “I’m fine.”

“But you’re-”

He takes my hand and he looks at me. He saw that I’m shaking. “I said I’m fine. Relax.”

“Chanyeol!! Yu An!” Baekhyun and Yeon Hee arrived. “Are you okay?!”

“Yes.” Chanyeol stands but he doesn’t let go of my hand. “I’m going to the infirmary.” He says to Baekhyun and continues walking.

“U..Um Chany-” he opens the door to the infirmary and pulls me with him.

“Sit down.” He says and works his on his own wound. He knows where certain things are. Does he usually go here? He stops and looks back at me. “Here. That’ll calm you down. It’s quiet here so you can calm yourself.”

He tossed me a lollipop and then faces the mirror. Did he bring me here so that I can calm down? “Why did you help me?” I asked.

“Are you thinking that I would just let that pot hit you?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Because you hate me.”

“I what?” he finishes treating his wound when he faced me.

“You hate me right?”

He chuckles. Woah, it’s my first time seeing him smile ever since this morning. “I was treating you as a friend because I thought we are. Am I wrong?”

“I’m your… friend?”

“Baekhyun claimed it.”

“So you don’t hate me?”

“I hate noise but I don’t hate Baekhyun’s friends.” I smile. So he doesn’t hate me. He just hate it when people are being noisy. “What? You’re freaking me out.”

“Thank you.”

He blinks and clears his throat. “If you’re good then let’s go.” He said then walks out of the room. I guess I might be wrong about him after all.


Hi guys! A new fanfic ^^ Leave your comments and tell me what you think about it ^^ Don't forget to subscribe! :)