Meant to Be (End)

Hold Me Tight
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning, around 9 am, Chaeyoung woke up with Mina's arms wrapped around her body. She took her time to memorize her features.

"You have the brightest smile. The softest lips. The best glowing eyes..." Chaeyoung whispered to herself as she caressed the others cheeks. "I wish you the best, Myoui Mina."

Just then, Mina shifts her body so she is closer to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung took this chance to give the girl a soft kiss on her forehead. There was a slight tug on her shirt.

"Don't say that. It sounds like you're gonna leave me." Mina's soft but rough voice says, eyes still closed.

Chaeyoung smiles, but really she was holding back the tears that were already welling up in her eyes. She moves in to give Mina a kiss. One that will say what she was feeling on the inside.

"How about we go out for a date? I'm sure you're busy today so lets just go out for a bit." Chaeyoung manages to say.

"I'm not busy today or tomorrow. Just for another 10 minutes okay?" Mina lazily says, tightening her arms around her girlfriend. The small girl sighs. They were running out of time. 

Chaeyoung gets up, trying to get of bed so Mina would get out. She walked over to her charging phone on the ground, next to her packed things, and picked it up to dial someone who will help her later on in the day.

 

Fr: Chaeyoungie
     Call me right now.

 

Fr: Somi
      Okay...?

 

Just in a few seconds, Chaeyoung's phone rings. She waited for a bit, hoping that Mina will hear it.

"Hello?" Chaeyoung says. Mina couldn't hear Somi's voice. She just layed there listening to what Chaeyoung was saying.

"Do I want to hang out?" Chaeyoung says, staring out the window.

"Of course, just send me the time and location." With that, Chaeyoung ends the call.

"Who was it?" Mina says, sitting up.

"Somi and Chungha wants me to hang out. They're in Japan right now." Chaeyoung responds, not looking at the girl.

"How do they know you're in Japan?" Mina questions, giving the a suspicious stare.
Chaeyoung stops whatever she was doing and thinks of an excuse for the forced call eariler.

"Uhh..I-I told them since were in a group chat together." Chaeyoung stutters. Mina didn't question any further.

Unexpectedly, Mrs. Myoui knocks and opens the door slightly, peeking in. She then walks in over to the bed, and then the girls greet her.

"Morning." They both say with a smile.

"Morning to you too. Come down to eat breakfast, girls." Mrs. Myoui says. 

Just as she was leaving, another statement was heard. "Oh and Mina, we have to meet with a good friend of mine and her son around 4 today, so I expect you to look your best." She said that last thing before leaving.

"I guess we should go on a date." Mina says, getting out of bed to wash up. Chaeyoung was just standing there, planning on how to make it all work out for her in the least painful way possible.

 

 

After like 20 minutes of getting ready, they both head out the door after breakfast. The driver was already by the car, and they decide to go shopping.
While in the mall, 

"Ooouuu, Chaeyoung-ah, how does this look?" Mina asks the girl as they were looking at dresses for Mina's upcoming meeting.

"It's beautiful."

The dress was a dark purple with a hint of red in the mix, so it was like a lacy, dark purpleish-red, sleeveless, and went down just a few inches above the knee.

While Mina was buying it at the counter, Chaeyoung texted Somi about her current situation. She told her that she wanted to leave, and for her to meet her at a cafe around 4 pm.

 

Fr: Somi
     Chaeyoung-ah, I'm kinda busy trying to film for our upcoming comeback.

 

Fr: Chaeyoungie
     I know. It won't take long. I just want you to drop me off at the airport.

 

All that time has passed and now it was time for them to get back home. Chaeyoung knew it wasn't right to leave without leaving something for Mina even if that something didn't last long.

"Wait, could we stop by the flower shop?" Chaeyoung asks the driver. He nods and drives to the closest one. Mina just smiles.

Walking into the flower shop, Chaeyoung is on the hunt to find the white roses. 

"What is it for?" Mina asks, following the girl around.
The other girl smiles as she found her white roses. "Its a gift." They paid for it and left. 


Coming home just in time, Mina and Chaeyoung make their way up to the bedroom to get ready for the meeting. Out came the dress, Mina quickly puts it on. The clock showed 3:20 pm. 

"Why aren't you getting ready?" Mina asks the girl, sitting there just staring at her.

"Because you're distracting me." Chaeyoung smiles and winks. Mina giggles, making her way towards her after putting on the dress. She puts Chaeyoung's hands on her waist and pulls her in for a kiss. Feeling the hot breathing on her lips, Chaeyoung tries to remember every detail of her. 

"I won't be coming with." Chaeyoung says, breaking the kiss.

"Is it because you want to hang out with Somi and them?"

Chaeyoung nods. They moved away from each other, feeling a bit sadden by the fact that Chaeyoung won't come along and that Mina has to go.

 

As if time was against them, Mrs. Myoui came again asking for Mina to get in the car. Chaeyoung gives Mina's hand one last squeeze. 

"Chaeyoung, the car is ready for you whenever. We'll leave first." Mrs. Myoui says before leaving. She was informed about Chaeyoung's plans to 'hang out' with her friends.

Chaeyoung got up to look for a piece of paper and pen when they left. She wanted to leave her last good byes for Mina. She wanted to end it all now.

She wanted to push Mina away.  She wanted the best for her.

 

After writing a good bye letter, she put it by the white roses she bought eariler. The roses were an early gift for Mina's wedding since she was sure that she won't be able to attend it in the future. After that, she left.

Chaeyoung packed all her things with her. She told the one in charge of the house, after the Myouis left, to tell Mr. and Mrs. Myoui that she'll leave first and is sorry for not saying a proper good bye to them and that she'll go back to Korea first.


Somi and Chungha were waiting in their car with their manager. Chaeyoung showed up minutes later. They took some time to talk then started for the airport.

"Thank you so much." Chaeyoung gives both of them a hug before leaving with her backpack and passport in her hands. She paid for the ticket and was now waiting for the very next plane which was at 4:30 pm.

 

Meanwhile,

Mina and her parents arrived at a very luxiourous restraunt. She was nervous somehow. They walked in and said their resevered table. Leading them to the table, she noticed two lovely couple, about the same age as her parents. 

"Oh my! Nice to see you again." The lady said to Mrs. Myoui, giving her a hug.

"Hello there, Mr. Myoui." The older mens gave each other a firm hand shake.

"You must me Mina." The women said, giving Mina a hug as well. After introducing each other, they sat down.

"BamBam will be here in a moment. He had to use the restroom." The women says, smiling to Mina.
Mina was a bit dumbfounded by all this although the name BamBam was somehow very familar. After a few minutes of talking, BamBam walked over to the table and greeted Mina.

"Hello there, Mina." He greets with a smile. Her face yelled 'hell nah!'

"H-Hello.." She was shocked and confused at the same time. 

What was all of this about?

 

"The reason we all gathered here was to talk to you about the engagement between you and my son, BamBam." His mother announced. Mina feels her heart jump at her statement. She didn't know how to react. Should she be mad? Sad?

"Yes, daughter. We want the best for you, and BamBam here is a very well-respected and a very well-mannered boy." Mr. Myoui tells her. She just sat there in silence, trying to think of something to tell Chaeyoung when she gets home.

"Mina, I know this is very unexpected, but I would like you to give me a chance. Remember me from when we were little? You would always want me to give you piggy back rides." BamBam chimes in, making Mina have flashbacks.

"Of course, but now that time has passed I have also changed. I would like us to stay the way we did when we were little." Mina confesses. When the food was served, she didn't say anything. She gave them the cold shoulder.

After a while she wanted to go use the bathroom, just to get away to sort her thoughts.

"What am I going to tell Chaeyoung?" 

"How can I call this thing off without hurting feelings?"

Mina was talking to herself in bathroom when she was washing her hands. It took her a while to decide if she should tell everyone about her relationship with Chaeyoung.

 

Walking out, she runs into BamBam who was waiting for her.

"You got really pretty over the years you know that?" He compliments her, putting his hands in his pocket.

Mina forces a smile. "That, I know." She then walks pass him to return to the table. Just then, she feels an arm come around her waist.

She stops and lets out a sigh to contain herself from exploding with frustration. She then turns around to face him while removing his arm.

"Lets keep our hands to ourselves alright?"
He doesn't listen and instead gently creeps his hand up to the back of Mina's neck, trying to seduce her. He starts to move in closer.

"I hope you can respect my decisions as my childhood fri

Please log in to read the full chapter