Time to Step Up

Hold Me Tight
Please log in to read the full chapter

It only took Mina and Chaeyoung a few days to recover, but the only bad thing was that exams were right around the corner and neither Chaeyoung or Mina got time to study since they had been spending so much time together.

They hang out often at Mina's place during the weekends. "Oh my god, Mina." Chaeyoung says in the middle of their hang out session, watching dramas together and cuddling. It was pass 10 at night and she just remembered the exams were on Monday.

"Can you tell me later?" Mina responds, not interested.

"We have exams this week!" Chaeyoung tells the other girl.

"Are you saying we should study?" Mina rolls her eyes at the thought of studying.

Chaeyoung gets up and runs to Mina's room to get the girls backpack. "Okay. We should start now if we want to get any where in life." She sat down next to Mina and pulls out a bunch of papers and textbooks then sets them on the table in front of them.

Flipping through pages of notes, Chaeyoung sees something not right. "Mina, why does these notes look like words with no meaning?"

Mina laughs, but turns her head away. 

"Don't tell me-- you didn't take notes on anything?!" Chaeyoung burst with frustration, harshly placing the notes back on the table and stands up to leave.

"I'll go study alone then. See you on Monday." The small girl was upset with Mina not taking school seriously. She goes to the bedroom to gets her stuff and passes by the living room.

Mina finds the girl so cute when she's mad. She gets up, still laughing, to catch the girl before she leaves.

Just before Chaeyoung could leave, Mina pulls her into a back hug still smiling. "Chaeyoung-ah. Are you mad?" She says with many ageyo in her voice and holds the girl close where she can smell her scent of shampoo.

Chaeyoung tries her best not to smile. "You know that I take education seriously."

Mina turns her so she is facing her. "And you know how much I try in school, but it just doesn't stick."

Chaeyoung doesn't answer and only looks at the ground. Mina holds Chaeyoung's droopy head in her hands so she looks her in the eyes and pecks her on her pink lips.

"You still mad?" Mina says, trying to make it up to the girl. She keeps on pecking her lips and cheeks until she sees a smile on her face.

"Okay stop. I'm going to go now. It's late." She says to Mina with a small smile and turns to leave.

It wasn't a proper good bye. Mina grabs onto the girls arm and pulls her back, kissing her one last time before she leaves. She deeply kisses her and wraps her arms around her small waist. Chaeyoung was a bit startled at first but then soon wraped her arms around Mina's neck. The sound of their wet lips filled the air around them.

They pulled away for some air. "I'll see you Monday?" Chaeyoung says. Mina gives her a smile and their day ends.

 

 

 

Nayeon was stressing out over the exams on Monday. She couldn't focus because of one person.

(11:38 pm) Fr: Chaeyoungie
                  Hey, you wanna come over tomorrow?

(11:39 pm) Fr: Nayeonie
                         Why?

(11:40 pm) Fr: Chaeyoungie
                         I need to study and you know you can help me too.

(11:41 pm) Fr: Nayeonie
                        Alright. See you tomorrow and stop texting me. I need to sleep.


She was left on 'seen'. Nayeon wasn't really sleeping; She was up late catching up on dramas and crying at the same time. She was a mess but she didn't care; She just wanted to cry her heart out.

The next day, Nayeon could barely open her eyes. She woke up early and went to go get ice packs to put on her eyes to bring the swelling down. "Why am I like this?" She asked herself, lying down on her bed with ice packs over her eyes.

Why was she like this? 

 

 

Chaeyoung's door bell rang and she quickly ran to go get it. Opening the door, it revealed a messy-looking Bunny with her eyes half open. "Yah, whats wrong with your eyes?" Chaeyoung questions the girl, but is ignored as Nayeon just walks herself to Chaeyoung's room.

She follows her and closes the door behind her as they enter. "So where do you want to start?" Chaeyoung says, taking books and paper out of her backpack.

No answer. Chaeyoung looks to see the girl, sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the ground with an expressionless face. She went and plotted herself right next to her.

"What is it? What is making you lose yourself?"

Just then, her eyes start to water and droplets can be seen traveling down her face. "I-I don't know. It bothers me, but I don't know what it is." Her voice was shakey.

"It just hurts....it hurts here when I think about it." She places one hand on her chest and looks at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung knew what this was. Knowing that Nayeon likes Jungyeon, she could understand that the girl was confused about Jungyeon's mixed signals that Nayeon told her about.

Being the best friend she is, Chaeyoung suggest that they should spend the day together and do things instead of studying. For the rest of the day, they spent it at the amusment park and traveling to the sea side while eating some delicous food.

 

 

 

Exam day came fast and went by fast. All the students of JYP High school were exhausted because of days of sitting and using their brains for hours. Soon after that week, the results were revealed to each student by their homeroom teachers.

Chaeyoung recieved her grade and of course revealed it to be some where around a B+. It wasn't all that bad compared to her desk partner Jihyo who got a B-. 

"Wow. Chaeyoung-ah, you must be really smart." Jihyo comments after seeing her grade.

"I'm not. I just guessed and that may have just been a lucky guess."

"I disagree. You should be a top student."

This made Chaeyoung smile and they just continued to chat on about their grades and what others may have got.

 

Lunch time came around and there were chatte

Please log in to read the full chapter