Now is the Time

Hold Me Tight
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey mom. I just called to tell you that I'll be bringing a friend along with me to visit you guys."

"Oh, Mina. Feel free to introduce us to your friends." Her mother says sweetly over the phone.

"Actually, you met her already. It's Chaeyoung that I'll be bringing with."

"Oh...well thats good to hear. I wouldn't feel all that good if it was a guy."

Mina wonders why her mom thought that. "Alright then. I'll see you tomorrow in the afternoon?"

"Yes hon. See you then."  Their conversation ends, and then Mina cleans herself up for bed.

 

 

 

The morning shines throughout the whole apartment of Chaeyoung's. A streak of light wakes her up as it passes through the little open spaces between the curtains.

"What time is it?"

She was half awake when she sees the message left by Mina this morning.

 

(5:37am) Fr: Minari
                     I'll be there around 7 o'clock in the morning. We kinda gotta go right away so be ready by then. See you Chaeyoungie!

 

The clock showed 6:49 am. She overslept! "AH! Sh*t!" She quickly gathers her stuff that she effortlessly packed last night, including her passport.

Running from place to place, she tries to put her outfit on while brushing her teeth. "That stupid alarm never works." She frustratedly cusses while fixing her hair and make-up in the bathroom.

Running into the living room, no one was awake yet. She decided to leave a note to her parents about her wherebouts since she didn't feel like telling them right away as they might disagree with her decision.

"Okay. Gotta go. Gotta go." The clock striked 7 and she needed to meet Mina. She wasn't someone who was late, so she hurried to the door and left.

 

 

They meet outside and both started their way to the location where Mr. Hirai would be waiting with the private jet. Mina slowly explained her parents business to Chaeyoung in the taxi. The best excuse Mina could come up with was that she just wanted more people to like her for her and not her money.

"You're just telling me this now? Wow Mina. I had our whole future planned. I was going to find a good job and work my off just to provide for us." Chaeyoung says a bit disappointed.

Mina smiles and pulls her closer. "Chaeyoung-ah, you had me in your future? Aww, were you planning to marry me?" 

The small girl avoids eye contact with her, obviously feeling a bit flustered. "Possibly...?"

They continue to tease each other about their so called 'future'. 

 

After hours in the luxurious private jet, Chaeyoung was starting to get sick of it and thank god it landed before she made any mess.

"We're here!" Mina exclaims as she basiclly drags Chaeyoung out of the plane that landed on the roof of one of the buildings they owned.

"Slow down if you still want to be here." Chaeyoung gags a bit, hoping this would be a sign to Mina that she wasn't feeling so good.

"Oh, sorry. Just got a little bit excited for you to meet my parents." She apologizes, still holding Chaeyoung's hand.

 

They made their way down and was lucky enough not to be recgonized right away by any person that looked at them.

"Come on, Chae. Use those little legs of yours!" Mina pulls her along, starting to run towards their ride just outside of the building.

"Dang it, Mina. Slow down. I have to tie my shoe laces." Chaeyoung lets go of her hand and bends down on one knee to tie her shoes.

"Chaeyoung-ah, hurry up." Mina uses her ageyo voice and lightly stomps like a little kid.

"Alright. I'm almost done." Just as Chaeyoung was finishing up her last pull on the lace, Mina gives her a little push, causing her to fall on her . Mina laughs and runs away to the main lobby before she could get up. People were giving them looks, but they continued their child play.

"Minari!" She shouted, chasing after the girl. Mina ran far enough to give herself a break and started walking backwards, still looking at the small girl running towards her.

There was not so many people around. As Mina was slowly walking backwards, she accidently fell backwards into a pair of musculine arms, one around her shoulders and one wrapped around her waist.

"You should be more careful there, Miss." The man softly said in japanese with a little hint of accent, carefully helping Mina get back on her feet.

"Oh, I am so sorry thank you for helping me." Mina kindly said, feeling a bit embarrased. The man smiled. He didn't look old; in fact, he looked just a few years older than Mina.

"May I ask for your name, Miss?" 

Mina hesitated. "Myoui Mina is the name." 

"That names sounds oddly familar." He said. Mina was wondering if he knew about her being the heir of this company. Since Mina left home at such an early age, the world never really got to see how the Myoui's heir looked like. Some may know but back then their company was not as big.

Chaeyoung was done watching and walks up to her. "We should get going, Mina."  

The man looks at her and smiles. "Oh, so you both can speak korean?" He said in korean fluently. They just smile and nod.

Just as he said that, a man in a black suit came up to him. "We should get going now, sir. The meeting starts in 10 minutes." 

He turns back to the girls after replying back to who may be his guard. "Well, it was nice to meet you two. BamBam is my name by the way." With that, he left.

As they were leaving, Mina tells Chaeyoung about a childhood friend who was named BamBam.

 

 

After all that, they headed home to meet up with Mina's parents. The only thing that they planned for the four day weekend was just the business meeting for Mina, and then showing Chaeyoung around Japan for the next two days before they leave, but who knows, not everything goes your way.

"Welcome!" Mina's parents greeted as they walked in. 

"Hey!" Mina runs to give her parents each a hug.

"Hello there, Chaeyoung." Mrs. Myoui greets her with a hug as well. With that, they catch up with each other during dinner. Mina, of course, did not reveal her relationship to her parents as she thought it was not the right time, but that time was in fact the right time before everything decideds to leave.

Then, they make their way up to Mina's room

Please log in to read the full chapter